Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-12-17 16:48:31

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Re: is god real

Could God create a stone so heavy that nobody, not even him could lift?

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by:

#27 2015-12-17 20:19:02

Anak

I don't believe in god. It just doesn't make sense to me.
Yeah, sure, we're all somewhat curious as to how we're alive and what happens when we die, and what makes us exist, but I'd much rather live my life than think about why I'm living it.
I used to think that religion is a combination of location, history, law, and culture. That doesn't still look wrong to me.
If anything, religion kind of just repulses me (Christianity at least). Whenever I hear anything about god or Jesus I just stop listening. I'm not interested. I don't get how people can go to church and kneel down en masse and recite lines and lines and lines of prayer continuously in monotone, it just seems a bit creepy to me and something that I wouldn't get behind.
Some people don't believe, some people believe in one, and some people believe in all. I'm not really all that bothered and if I had to sit down and answer, I'd say I wouldn't.

#28 2015-12-17 21:14:07

Kira

God exist not because he seems real, he exists because you have the will to think he is.

Wooted by:

#29 2015-12-17 21:32:12, last edited by Zumza (2015-12-17 21:36:49)

Zumza

Creature wrote:

I just can't believe there's someone being the owner of everything and watching us.

There are lots of people who do. What else can you expect from a public forum?

Creature wrote:

I don't think universe has a limit, for me it has no size, no age and infinity stuff.

It has been already proved that the Universe doesn't have a constant size and its expanding.

Insanity wrote:

god was used in primitive societies to explain the existence of things we don't understand
but we're learning more and more about things which we barely know about
imo everything will eventually be explained through science

Scientists constantly inspired from Bible through history. So those who wrote it were very wise.

Is God real? : is one of the oldest question on Earth. Many users said and probably I should repeat "it depends on your religion".
Also another very old question is "what is the right religion?". I believe if you do harm / bad things and you awareness of them you will be punished. If you're not then you're clear. Somebody that is not full consciousness of whats happening around cannot be considered guilty in my perspective.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#30 2015-12-17 21:37:05

Gosha

There is no good reason for somebody magical wizard, who lives in sky
Come on

#31 2015-12-17 22:02:57

Anak

Kira wrote:

God exist not because he seems real, he exists because you have the will to think he is.

Logically then anything I can think of is real. Fairies, centaurs, people made out of strawberries...

#32 2015-12-18 01:56:28

Yandax

Kefka wrote:

The way I think of God is energy. Most imagine God as a being with human characteristics, though it makes more sense if God was energy. When the Earth was made in 7 days, the 7 days was likely symbolic for "a long time". According to the Bible, when God made man from dust, I think he built men from tiny organisms that evolved into humans over the course of many years. The tiny organisms came from the Earth (dust), slowly evolving into who we are today.

I used to be dubious at first, that is until I noticed something about people's prayers. At church, I thought people were purposely trying to pray on their own, trying hard to cry during their prayer. But then I heard people from church speaking in Tongues. Even my mom started to pray in Tongues. Tongues is the language that is supposedly used by spirits - angels, demons and the like.

And this happens when you contact the Holy Spirit. My mom says that during her prayer, you never want to stop praying, and the feeling is almost as if you're flying. My sister claims to also have prayed through the Holy Spirit during a church gathering where people go to receive the Holy Spirit.

What do you think? I have never prayed in Tongue, or felt the Holy Spirit, but I personally believe there is a spirit we are talking to.

First of all, I believe there is a God. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Next, I must disagree with you, Kefka. The Bible states that there was seven days, each with an evening and night, so I don't think the days were huge amounts of time. If you study close enough in Genesis you will see that there is proof that the days were actual, 24 hour days. I don't have the time (plus I'm lazy) to piece together an entire sermon with evidence. This is my belief and you will be hard pressed to change it.

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#33 2015-12-18 06:50:18

zioxei

If there's no god then who's driving the tram in GTA SA? Catholics 1:0 Atheists

user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#34 2015-12-18 07:42:17

Different55
Forum Admin

Yandax wrote:
Kefka wrote:

The way I think of God is energy. Most imagine God as a being with human characteristics, though it makes more sense if God was energy. When the Earth was made in 7 days, the 7 days was likely symbolic for "a long time". According to the Bible, when God made man from dust, I think he built men from tiny organisms that evolved into humans over the course of many years. The tiny organisms came from the Earth (dust), slowly evolving into who we are today.

I used to be dubious at first, that is until I noticed something about people's prayers. At church, I thought people were purposely trying to pray on their own, trying hard to cry during their prayer. But then I heard people from church speaking in Tongues. Even my mom started to pray in Tongues. Tongues is the language that is supposedly used by spirits - angels, demons and the like.

And this happens when you contact the Holy Spirit. My mom says that during her prayer, you never want to stop praying, and the feeling is almost as if you're flying. My sister claims to also have prayed through the Holy Spirit during a church gathering where people go to receive the Holy Spirit.

What do you think? I have never prayed in Tongue, or felt the Holy Spirit, but I personally believe there is a spirit we are talking to.

First of all, I believe there is a God. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Next, I must disagree with you, Kefka. The Bible states that there was seven days, each with an evening and night, so I don't think the days were huge amounts of time. If you study close enough in Genesis you will see that there is proof that the days were actual, 24 hour days. I don't have the time (plus I'm lazy) to piece together an entire sermon with evidence. This is my belief and you will be hard pressed to change it.

Not asking for a whole sermon, but at least one source would be nice. It says 6 days as in 6 mornings and 6 evenings, not 6 days as in 6 24-hour days.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#35 2015-12-18 10:35:59

Br0k3n

I don't believe it until I see it.

?type=online&name=br0k3n ?type=lastlogin&name=br0k3n ?type=loginstreak&name=br0k3n

76561198080960604.png

#36 2015-12-18 10:41:18

Zumza

Br0k3n wrote:

He has Facebook.
5ad0c078042a7e8263247b9d10d13d96.jpg

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#37 2015-12-18 10:47:42

Br0k3n

Zumza wrote:
Br0k3n wrote:

He has Facebook.
5ad0c078042a7e8263247b9d10d13d96.jpg

thats not god

this is god
2T4bq38.jpg

?type=online&name=br0k3n ?type=lastlogin&name=br0k3n ?type=loginstreak&name=br0k3n

76561198080960604.png

#38 2015-12-18 15:44:32

Yandax

Different55 wrote:
Yandax wrote:
Kefka wrote:

Not asking for a whole sermon, but at least one source would be nice. It says 6 days as in 6 mornings and 6 evenings, not 6 days as in 6 24-hour days.

Well, one thing would be that if the days were each a thousand years or so, Adam wouldn't have been 930 years old when he died. Also, the Hebrew word for day, yom, when paired with a number, means a normal, 24 hour day. I'll keep on editing this as more stuff hits me.

Woot if you hate me

#39 2015-12-18 16:31:51

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

THE BAIT IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE
793936.gif

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#40 2015-12-18 16:35:28, last edited by some woman (2015-12-18 16:35:41)

some woman

maxi123 wrote:

793936.gif

dude this is Debates
you're SUPPOSED to be at each other's throats in arguing

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

Wooted by:

#41 2015-12-18 16:38:20

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

some man wrote:
maxi123 wrote:

dude this is Debates

no im supposed to be doing what's displayed on that gif
and watching how others do what you just said

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#42 2015-12-18 17:54:28

some woman

maxi123 wrote:
some man wrote:
maxi123 wrote:

dude this is Debates

no im supposed to be doing what's displayed on that gif
and watching how others do what you just said

but you said "the bait is strong", implying people AREN'T supposed to be arguing with eachother

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#43 2015-12-18 18:24:03

Different55
Forum Admin

Yandax wrote:

Well, one thing would be that if the days were each a thousand years or so, Adam wouldn't have been 930 years old when he died.

Isn't that assuming that Adam for some reason decided to use GodDays™ to measure EarthTime™? I don't think God created the units of time that humans use because the units of time that humans use are stupid and imperfect. If earth days were the same as god days then we wouldn't need leap years to make up for the imperfect length of days.

- ShinsukeIto

#44 2015-12-18 20:32:20

Yandax

Different55 wrote:
Yandax wrote:

Well, one thing would be that if the days were each a thousand years or so, Adam wouldn't have been 930 years old when he died.

Isn't that assuming that Adam for some reason decided to use GodDays™ to measure EarthTime™? I don't think God created the units of time that humans use because the units of time that humans use are stupid and imperfect. If earth days were the same as god days then we wouldn't need leap years to make up for the imperfect length of days.

One, are you saying Adam wrote the Pentateuch? And if the Bible was written through inspiration of God, that means he wrote what he wanted, so doesn't that mean if they (the days) were figurative, we would have been told? Also, this was written by humans who most likely only knew one kind of time, their own.

Woot if you hate me

#45 2015-12-18 21:19:01

Bimps

maxi123 wrote:

793936.gif

some man wrote:

dude this is Debates

no, that is called flaming

Wooted by:

#46 2015-12-19 01:23:12

Different55
Forum Admin

Yandax wrote:
Different55 wrote:
Yandax wrote:

One, are you saying Adam wrote the Pentateuch?

No.

And if the Bible was written through inspiration of God, that means he wrote what he wanted, so doesn't that mean if they (the days) were figurative, we would have been told?

No again. Why would He? There's plenty of figurative language in the bible, it's not all clearly labeled with FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE. DO NOT ITERPRET LITERALLY.

Also, this was written by humans who most likely only knew one kind of time, their own.

Written by God, through people.

- ShinsukeIto

#47 2015-12-19 01:58:35

Anak

Different55 wrote:

Also, this was written by humans who most likely only knew one kind of time, their own.

Written by God, through people.

large.gif

Written by humans = flawed in some manner
As well as that, misinterpretation over many years and also different original versions anyhow

#48 2015-12-19 03:12:41

Xfrogman43

Don't believe everything you read. *cough* its just a book lol *cough*

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#49 2015-12-19 06:55:06, last edited by Tako (2015-12-19 19:01:28)

Tako
Website

(note for Anak: this post is not directed at you, I'm just building off what you (and others) are saying)

Anak wrote:

Written by humans = flawed in some manner
As well as that, misinterpretation over many years and also different original versions anyhow

It's basically a 1000-year-long game of Telephone but because it says stuff like this people think it's actually true. Sure, it's a holy book or whatever, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee that God oversaw each and every translator and printer who came along. After all, we have free will. If I wanted to alter a book to my advantage, even if it was just a single word, I totally could. Call it, I don't know, The New American Edition or something crazy like that. This has already been done, many times no doubt, and will continue to be done as long as the Bible is in circulation.

Want proof? Consider the original Bible. I mean, the ORIGINAL canon. There are dozens of books you've never heard of, such as the Wisdom of Solomon, Surach, Judith, et al. Some sects include these in their canon, some do not. Why were they removed? Do you think God inspired them to remove the things God inspired other people to write? No, that makes no sense. God's words don't have a shelf life.

Not only that, but there are also changes in interpretation. A word can mean the complete opposite as it did when it was written. That's why the New Oxford Annotated Bible was made: to explain all these weird idiosyncrasies and metaphors, such as the part in Exodus where God almost kills Moses because he's angry (classic Old Testament), so Moses' wife Zipporah circumcises her child and touches her husband's feet with the foreskin. Yes, that's an actual part of Exodus. You can see how that verse meant something different a few thousands years ago.

So, the question becomes, at what point have we invented a new religion? You can't possibly think that when you read your Bible, you are reading the exact words of God as he meant them, for the above reasons. You're reading something different, and what is the text but the heart of the religion?

I think it's one thing to believe in the intentions of the Bible, but another to follow the Bible word for word. If you're a real die-hard Christian, actually study the Bible. Don't go to church and listen to a man give you his interpretation of it, make your own interpretation that is truthful. (And I'd like to add that although I'm not a Christian, I do sort of know what I'm talking about, being a former one until late teens and having taken courses on it in college)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Wooted by:

#50 2015-12-19 19:39:42

Pingohits
Banned

i think of god more as a symbol rather than an actual person

791mAP8.png

blizzard1450710104569149

Board footer