Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Chris permabanning innocent little girls?

So today, I was in Chris's tutorial world, you might have witnessed this... eh.

So I'm all witnessing the text in the world and stuff, and I'm asking chris why nazi was censored, using spaces and a fake letter i.
I then say, "**** [the b word] why is nazi censored?" and he kicked me, I have a screenshot of that.
I come back five minutes later, and I keep asking why it's censored, along with homo.
Chris says something along the lines of, "I'll permaban you if you don't stop."
I continue anyway, instead asking why certain words that are part of the nomenclature of humans is censored, but then he kicks everyone from the world.

I think Nazi and Homo and fu being censored is complete and utter idiocy. Oh, someone called you a homo or a nazi or said fu! HOLY ****-ing crap! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!
Here's ten sentences for these words, along with the b word.
"Look at that ****, she's so cute. I love dogs." [Female dog, people.]
"Dude, stop drawing nazi symbols [aka swastikas] everywhere!"
"Jackie Chan is the king of Kung Fu!"
"This plant is homozygous, what does that even mean?"
"Homo sapians, that's us."
"I saw this flipnote on hatena that had signs, and someone drew a really good nazi." [True story, it's a good drawing.]
"Before he was a nazi, Stalin was damn sexy." [he was, look at this on the right]
"Hitler may have been the nazi king, but downfall makes for some damn good parodies."
"Nazi is a political party, people."
"I'm homosexual guys, just so you know."

What do you think, guys? Wouldn't it be stupid to ban someone who's been playing EE for a year despite complaining about it so many times, just because she was asking why completely innocent words were censored?

...Do you really think he would permaban me?
Try thinking of good sentences with 'nazi' 'fu' or 'homo' in them, because seriously.

This topic is discussing the censors, but I guess you can discuss how to abuse the text in worlds thing that seems to be coming.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#2 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Re: Chris permabanning innocent little girls?

Maybe Chris should spend some time permabanning shared accounts instead of threatening to permaban random people for saying 'fu'.

#3 Before February 2015

Kirby

DID he ban you?

#4 Before February 2015

Anon

^ that.

Edit: "^ that" ACTUALLY meaning the OP.

Last edited by Anon (Jul 7 2011 4:01:47 pm)

#5 Before February 2015

ElJaso

is your last example a direct quote of AlexR?

#6 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Of course I wasn't banned, if I was, it would be a lot longer and I would be raging hard. And I'd be swearing like crazy.

and I don't think Alex has said that exact quote.

danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]

#7 Before February 2015

main_gi

I witnessed this.
Too bad I didn't take a picture.

#8 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Chris only appeals to kids being safe. He doesn't care about rightfully used words ex. homosapian

#9 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

First off, ya ain't no innocent little girl, second off, he (Might) find you annoying, i'm pretty sure if you pushed him a little further he WOULD'VE banned ya.

Last edited by The First Gamer (Jul 7 2011 4:37:48 pm)

#10 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

lol all i saw her say was "Chris Why arent we allowed to say Naz i ya ****"

*System: Zoey2070 has been kicked "calm down"

Idk if those were the EXACT same words and stuff but idrc.

#11 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Wolf exile1 wrote:

Actually, I was kicked and the message was 'behave'
and it was '**** Why is nazi censored?'

#12 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

Zoey2070 wrote:
Wolf exile1 wrote:

Actually, I was kicked and the message was 'behave'
and it was '**** Why is nazi censored?'

ohh yeah now i remember... But it all means the same thing though lol.

#13 Before February 2015

coolio

Well, yeah, I understand your argument, but what are the chances of people saying those words in THOSE ways? XD

Chris doesn't really care much for the people, just the power and the money, it seems.

#14 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

Also, homo, is the latin word for human.

I only found out that homo was censored when someone was being a homophobe, because of their sexual inadequacies of gays and lesbians and bisexuals. As I am one of them, I was pitifully offended, and lectured the user.

The point of the story, Homo, is a prefix, so, unless used on it's own, is only derogatory, but, with a suitable suffix after it, it means nothing offensive.

The same with "fu". I believe it is to stop ragers spamming FUUUUUUU every time they rage, or to stop the writing of the F*&% word.

However. these are pointless censored prefixes, and doesn't really need to be censored.

At the end of the day, the user should have the "consent" from their parents for chat, and if they are that immature to abuse that they have chat, they clearly don't deserve the chat they gained from the $0.01 they donated. We play EE, as we are either bored, have no life, or for fun, or all 3, we all have morals not to flame, and in the process make online friends, (maybe some enemies/rivals), and not be flamed at by random new-comers with chat.

Thats my two cents.

#15 Before February 2015

Muftwin

why would we need to discuss things with theese words in them on ee tho? so it doesnt even matter tbh you shouldnt even know theese are censored why did you try typing them in //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#16 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Muftwin wrote:

why would we need to discuss things with theese words in them on ee tho? so it doesnt even matter tbh you shouldnt even know theese are censored why did you try typing them in //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I, like eedd, said something along the lines of "homophobe" and BAM, censored.
I don't even remember why I was saying nazi, but still.
It's like saying "wow, I get to watch Kung Fu Panda later on! Oh wait, kung fu is censored!"

#17 Before February 2015

coolio

Doctor_downes wrote:

Thats my two cents.

But... You only need one cent for chat. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#18 Before February 2015

Twipply

Word filters need to be done right or not at all.   EE and #eeforum are some prime examples of how not to do it.   Complain all you want, but the stupid man does not often see the error of his ways.

#19 Before February 2015

Nickolai

stalin was never a nazi just saying
but i agree some what. those words shouldn't be censored

#20 Before February 2015

Thy Cowman

No support for your idea. It's the same thing I see on every game with a censored chat - people coming up with the most ridiculous reasons to defend their ideas about why they think the censorship is unfair. Let's be honest - we all know you will never need refer to your female dog as a ****, start up a non-hateful conversation about Nazis, or use the prefix 'homo' in another context. I don't play this game to be bombarded by hate speech and nobody wants to enter a room with a bunch of kids talking about Nazis or whatever their immature minds concoct at the moment. Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but the chat filter is definitely not at the top of the list of things that need to be fixed with this game.

Last edited by Thy Cowman (Jul 7 2011 6:28:20 pm)

#21 Before February 2015

MIHB

Hilarious term that cannot be used due to EE:

"Homo Erectus"

This is a tragedy.

#22 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

I agree with cowman why would we use these terms most of the time its just for flaming

#23 Before February 2015

Twipply

I hate seeing so much wrong that I can't make a reply covering it all that still flows.

Thy Cowman wrote:

No support for your idea. It's the same thing I see on every game with a censored chat - people coming up with the most ridiculous reasons to defend their ideas about why they think the censorship is unfair.

I don't see what's ridiculous about it.   Her argument is basically that people are being punished by the chat filter in a poor attempt at combating 'bad' language.   It all seems rather legit to me.

Thy Cowman wrote:

Let's be honest - we all know you will never need refer to your female dog as a ****, start up a non-hateful conversation about Nazis, or use the prefix 'homo' in another context.

Didn't you have history today, Zoey?   What're you studying?
Sweet!

Was that really so hard?

Thy Cowman wrote:

I don't play this game to be bombarded by hate speech and nobody wants to enter a room with a bunch of kids talking about Nazis or whatever their immature minds concoct at the moment.

Not only can you talk about history without being a kid or immature, but you can also consciously decide not to read a discussion once you realise you don't like it.

Thy Cowman wrote:

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but the chat filter is definitely not at the top of the list of things that need to be fixed with this game.

Be as harsh as you like, just try and be correct while doing it.

#24 Before February 2015

Silverheart

Thy Cowman wrote:

No support for your idea. It's the same thing I see on every game with a censored chat - people coming up with the most ridiculous reasons to defend their ideas about why they think the censorship is unfair. Let's be honest - we all know you will never need refer to your female dog as a ****, start up a non-hateful conversation about Nazis, or use the prefix 'homo' in another context. I don't play this game to be bombarded by hate speech and nobody wants to enter a room with a bunch of kids talking about Nazis or whatever their immature minds concoct at the moment. Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but the chat filter is definitely not at the top of the list of things that need to be fixed with this game.

oh really? i go to dog shows with my toller who is female, where the females are referred to as **** in the groups. i may be telling someone that my dog won winners ****, or open ****, or that she got to go in for winners ****. i am not saying these shouldn't be censored, only that in some cases people would need to.

#25 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Homo also means "the same" As in Homosexual which means obviously you are attracted to the same sex.

But its mainly used to describe humans and crap. And also is used a lot in fossils.

SO CHRIS: Are you censoring our right to talk about fossils? HOW DARE YOU

Zoey2070142387340188031

Board footer