Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-02 15:18:02

cpcrabs

"What is it?" Update Style

Before just saying "No." or asking questions that are already answered, please read ALL of this:

I've been looking at the update/change logs. Here is an example: "New magic smiley: Light Wizard! This Wizard will show the way through these dark, cold, wintery times." followed by an image of the new smiley. I feel like this could be made much more interesting and attract many players to keep playing if instead it said: "New magic smiley added! What is it? Who will get it? You'll see soon!" or something like that. Also placing it at the top of the update/change log with bold colourful letters will catch more eyes.

Basically, curiosity is what drives people into grinding for secrets and easter eggs. If you spoil the surprise then the players will not feel the need to search for it. Do you get what I mean? Think of it this way.

I very subtle emotion of curiosity and fame will drive the player to search and be the first person to get this new item. Whatever it is and however it can be obtained the player will usually try all sorts. Also, putting a rush feel on people can also help.

A couple ways you can do this is by making the item only be available for a limited time. Or by making the first person to obtain the item will win another in-game item or even 50 gems.

Hopefully you do take note of this for future updates.

17 i think

#2 2015-12-02 15:35:03

Gosha

Re: "What is it?" Update Style

cpcrabs wrote:

"New magic smiley added! What is it? Who will get it? You'll see soon!"

I like this idea, more interesting to play and follow other players

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2015-12-02 16:37:08, last edited by rgl32 (2015-12-02 16:39:24)

rgl32

cpcrabs wrote:

Also, putting a rush feel on people can also help.

This isn't always true, sometimes if people feel rushed they just might not do it because either they find the rush to get it not worth it and just don't go after it all together or they have the thought that someone else is going to get it before them so might as well not spend the energy trying for it until later.

I know this because I am one of those people. I'm not saying it's not a decent idea just because I say it's bad, just saying there is a limit of how much you can rush people before there is a chance it will do the opposite of what is intended.

cpcrabs wrote:

A couple ways you can do this is by making the item only be available for a limited time. Or by making the first person to obtain the item will win another in-game item or even 50 gems.

There isn't much point in doing the first one except for seasonal items, all it does is provide a bigger chance of people missing out on blocks or other items that could help with building or adding another smiley/item like that. The second part has been working pretty well as being community driven anyway, with the world competitions and gem hunts, I don't see much point in making it an official thing.

cpcrabs wrote:

curiosity is what drives people into grinding for secrets and easter eggs. If you spoil the surprise then the players will not feel the need to search for it.

I do agree with this though. Or just small hints instead of just saying what it is would even cause more people to want to get it.

Wooted by: (4)

#4 2015-12-04 02:36:01

cpcrabs

Bump

17 i think

#5 2015-12-04 05:57:05

Camwoodstock

Rushing people can also hurt, y'know.

#6 2015-12-04 12:43:26

Koya
Fabulous Member

This is completely irrelevant if you are active on the forums, you can grab the smileys from the game, other players will show it off.

It's either we want people to be active alone or be part of the community.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#7 2015-12-07 12:45:40

cpcrabs

Camwoodstock wrote:

Rushing people can also hurt, y'know.

Yes i realize that but if done correctly it can be very useful. However there is a extremely fine line between executing it correctly and totally failing. Sometimes it is better not to and sometimes it is better to take that risk.

17 i think

cpcrabs1449488740564527

Board footer