Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2015-11-18 18:01:41

Different55
Forum Admin
Joined: 2015-02-07
Posts: 15,947

Beta testers needed

Alright, so the index page on the new PM system is almost complete. While I'm working on the PM viewing page, I want people to be testing out every bit of the index page.

I don't need very many people, and all I need you to do is unsubscribe from a few PMs and move them around from folder to folder and make sure it behaves like it's supposed to. If you sign up I'll set you up with about 10 PMs and 2 extra folders on top of the Inbox folder that everyone has. Be sure to try putting all your PMs in one box and moving PMs out of the second page. For the beta test, the number of PMs listed per page is set to 5.


"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Offline

#2 2015-11-18 18:05:03

AmdS
Member
From: Brazil
Joined: 2015-05-27
Posts: 2,384
Website

Re: Beta testers needed

Can I be the tester?

Offline

#3 2015-11-18 18:13:13

Different55
Forum Admin
Joined: 2015-02-07
Posts: 15,947

Re: Beta testers needed

I need like 3 to 5 of them.


"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Offline

#4 2015-11-18 18:16:56

Prodigy
Member
From: The United States of America
Joined: 2015-07-15
Posts: 2,612

Re: Beta testers needed

Different55 wrote:

I need like 3 to 5 of them.

Im in //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile


h0qIF0q.png

Offline

#5 2015-11-18 18:17:02

kubapolish
Banned
From: ̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍̍
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 1,024
Website

Re: Beta testers needed

me? :o


Offline

#6 2015-11-18 18:20:07

Prodigy
Member
From: The United States of America
Joined: 2015-07-15
Posts: 2,612

Re: Beta testers needed

Im too lazy to Imgur so here might want to fix this http://prntscr.com/947icm


h0qIF0q.png

Offline

#7 2015-11-18 18:22:58

Different55
Forum Admin
Joined: 2015-02-07
Posts: 15,947

Re: Beta testers needed

Prodigy5996 wrote:

Im too lazy to Imgur so here might want to fix this http://prntscr.com/947icm

Wrong PM system. I'm making a new one and dropping that one.


"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Offline

#8 2015-11-18 18:25:42

Different55
Forum Admin
Joined: 2015-02-07
Posts: 15,947

Re: Beta testers needed

Okay, got some more volunteers from IRC and now I have enough. Once I finish the moving PM part of the code I'll work on getting fake PMs written up.


"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Offline

#9 2015-11-18 20:17:03

Prodigy
Member
From: The United States of America
Joined: 2015-07-15
Posts: 2,612

Re: Beta testers needed

Different55 wrote:
Prodigy5996 wrote:

Im too lazy to Imgur so here might want to fix this http://prntscr.com/947icm

Wrong PM system. I'm making a new one and dropping that one.

:O ok //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile


h0qIF0q.png

Offline

#10 2015-11-18 22:24:56

Different55
Forum Admin
Joined: 2015-02-07
Posts: 15,947

Re: Beta testers needed

Okay, Kubapolish, Prodigy, Dyro/HG, Zoey2070, and Processor. I need all you nubs to go to the new PM index page and just move your PMs around from folder to folder and make sure that the correct messages got moved, and that it didn't miss any and that there aren't any stowaway topics. And also try unsubscribing from a few of them (unsubscribe from one in each folder) and also make sure that the right ones are unsubscribed from. And like I said, I need people to try moving and unsubscribing from topics that are on the second page. If you unsubscribe from all your topics and need me to re-subscribe you to them again, just let me know.


"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Offline

#11 2015-11-18 22:31:01

Prodigy
Member
From: The United States of America
Joined: 2015-07-15
Posts: 2,612

Re: Beta testers needed

Ok sir //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile


h0qIF0q.png

Offline

#12 2015-11-18 23:16:53

Different55
Forum Admin
Joined: 2015-02-07
Posts: 15,947

Re: Beta testers needed

Reset everyone's PMs.


"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Offline

#13 2015-11-19 00:24:37

Prodigy
Member
From: The United States of America
Joined: 2015-07-15
Posts: 2,612

Re: Beta testers needed

o_O This beta testing is a good thing for me but when unsubscribing does it mean Delete?


h0qIF0q.png

Offline

#14 2015-11-19 00:57:38

Different55
Forum Admin
Joined: 2015-02-07
Posts: 15,947

Re: Beta testers needed

Yes, I named it unsubscribing because nothing is being deleted. The message and the conversation still lives on, you're just not a part of it any more.


"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Offline

Wooted by:

#15 2015-11-19 01:19:19

Prodigy
Member
From: The United States of America
Joined: 2015-07-15
Posts: 2,612

Re: Beta testers needed

Different55 wrote:

Yes, I named it unsubscribing because nothing is being deleted. The message and the conversation still lives on, you're just not a part of it any more.

Oh ok but still there should be a tab off the pm you unsubscribed and after a limited time it could delete unless you want to delete it yourself //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue


h0qIF0q.png

Offline

#16 2015-11-19 02:09:44

Bobithan
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,401

Re: Beta testers needed

Prodigy5996 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Yes, I named it unsubscribing because nothing is being deleted. The message and the conversation still lives on, you're just not a part of it any more.

Oh ok but still there should be a tab off the pm you unsubscribed and after a limited time it could delete unless you want to delete it yourself //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Translation:
"There should be a tab that deleted PMs go to, where you have a limited time to recover them before being automatically permanently deleted or being deleted again by you."


bvWuAFP.png
im not a real mod btw

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#17 2015-11-19 02:11:24

Different55
Forum Admin
Joined: 2015-02-07
Posts: 15,947

Re: Beta testers needed

Works for me although it'll probably be added after I finalize the rest of the system if people want it.


"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Offline

Wooted by:

#18 2015-11-19 02:14:45

Prodigy
Member
From: The United States of America
Joined: 2015-07-15
Posts: 2,612

Re: Beta testers needed

Bobithan wrote:
Prodigy5996 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Yes, I named it unsubscribing because nothing is being deleted. The message and the conversation still lives on, you're just not a part of it any more.

Oh ok but still there should be a tab off the pm you unsubscribed and after a limited time it could delete unless you want to delete it yourself //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Translation:
"There should be a tab that deleted PMs go to, where you have a limited time to recover them before being automatically permanently deleted or being deleted again by you."

... eh I don't really care if you were helping me there or mocking me :l
I hope you were helping me


h0qIF0q.png

Offline

#19 2015-11-19 02:18:05, last edited by Bobithan (2015-11-19 02:18:23)

Bobithan
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,401

Re: Beta testers needed

^^ Consider it helping. Don't mean to offend, but the original post just wasn't that easy to understand //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

To be fair I had trouble phrasing it too


bvWuAFP.png
im not a real mod btw

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#20 2015-11-19 11:41:43

HG
Member
Joined: 2017-08-16
Posts: 2,219

Re: Beta testers needed

An error was encountered
File: /var/www/private_viewtopic.php
Line: 85

FluxBB reported: Unable to fetch topic info 

Database reported: Unknown column 'last_posted' in 'field list' (Errno: 1054)

I get that when trying to check the test PMs

Offline

#21 2015-11-19 19:02:06

Different55
Forum Admin
Joined: 2015-02-07
Posts: 15,947

Re: Beta testers needed

HG wrote:
An error was encountered
File: /var/www/private_viewtopic.php
Line: 85

FluxBB reported: Unable to fetch topic info 

Database reported: Unknown column 'last_posted' in 'field list' (Errno: 1054)

I get that when trying to check the test PMs

The PM viewing page is in the process of being written up. That said, that is a really weird error since I know that the column exists. No it doesn't. I typo'd "topics" for "private_topics".


"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Offline

#22 2015-11-19 20:21:25

Nebula
Member
From: 2015-02-18
Joined: 2018-04-25
Posts: 4,778
Website

Re: Beta testers needed

Me in please //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile


Youtube Twitter
nebulapersonal.gif
Kudos to Raphe9000, Zoey2070, Filip2005, Nikko99 & HG

Offline

#23 2015-11-19 20:33:21

Different55
Forum Admin
Joined: 2015-02-07
Posts: 15,947

Re: Beta testers needed

The index page has been pretty thoroughly tested by now. I've moved on to working primarily on other parts of the PM system.


"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Offline

#24 2015-11-20 04:12:59

hummerz5
Member
From: wait I'm not a secret mod huh
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 5,795

Re: Beta testers needed

Different55 wrote:
HG wrote:
An error was encountered
File: /var/www/private_viewtopic.php
Line: 85

FluxBB reported: Unable to fetch topic info 

Database reported: Unknown column 'last_posted' in 'field list' (Errno: 1054)

I get that when trying to check the test PMs

The PM viewing page is in the process of being written up. That said, that is a really weird error since I know that the column exists. No it doesn't. I typo'd "topics" for "private_topics".

that's the worst, though. Not having a fancy development program to do all that... whenever working with SQL and PHP 'n whatnot, I'm spending more time checking column names than actually punching code.

Offline

hummerz51447989179560253

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1566195679.9469 - Generated in 0.055 seconds, 13 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.56 MiB (Peak: 1.78 MiB) ]