Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 2015-11-11 22:58:46

Prodigy

Re: The Future of Everybody Edits

Elizabeth53999 wrote:
Prodigy5996 wrote:
Elizabeth53999 wrote:
Prodigy5996 wrote:

Will it work for Mozilla Firefox?

If ee works on Mozilla atm, then it should work after the update.

It does if you ... downloaded ... FLASH D: wow ... does this mean I have to download Unity Now?

Do you not have flash?

I do //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue but lets just get back on topic

h0qIF0q.png

#102 2015-11-11 22:59:31

Minimania
Moderation Team

Suddenly I regret purchasing so many spawn points as a pleb, instead of going for the Christmas decorations.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (5)

#103 2015-11-11 23:16:31

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

yessss, my dream was make a entire massive world full of complicated machines with no use that nobody would understand what they do >:D

Krosis.gif

#104 2015-11-11 23:38:40

jensj

To spend my energy on items every day (which I valued more than worlds or aura's) I set EE as my home page. Thanks for removing the need to do that. I've been loyal to this game for a long time without getting anything in return. What is better than people coming back every day to spend their energy? If you can get everything with a one-time purchase why would you open the game and have a chance to be attracted by something in the lobby? If you've never had a coindoor before you'd love to have one to check if people collected all coins in the end. Buy 10 more and you can make the doors 2 bricks wide for better visuals. Buy 50 more and you can check for a coin in every minigame. Buy 100 more and you can let an entire floor go away when a coin is collected. Buy 500 more and you can build a small level with only coindoors. Buy 2000 more and you can craft a massive coindoor world. See what I mean? It encourages people to get more and I'm one of those who is sensible for that. It felt like a tremendous achievement to finally build a massive coindoor world, because I saved for it for years. Quick calculation show that I've spent about half a million energy on stackable blocks.

#105 2015-11-11 23:42:07, last edited by CatoniC (2015-11-11 23:42:38)

CatoniC
Formerly Elizabeth53999

jensj wrote:

To spend my energy on items every day (which I valued more than worlds or aura's) I set EE as my home page. Thanks for removing the need to do that. I've been loyal to this game for a long time without getting anything in return. What is better than people coming back every day to spend their energy? If you can get everything with a one-time purchase why would you open the game and have a chance to be attracted by something in the lobby? If you've never had a coindoor before you'd love to have one to check if people collected all coins in the end. Buy 10 more and you can make the doors 2 bricks wide for better visuals. Buy 50 more and you can check for a coin in every minigame. Buy 100 more and you can let an entire floor go away when a coin is collected. Buy 500 more and you can build a small level with only coindoors. Buy 2000 more and you can craft a massive coindoor world. See what I mean? It encourages people to get more and I'm one of those who is sensible for that. It felt like a tremendous achievement to finally build a massive coindoor world, because I saved for it for years. Quick calculation show that I've spent about half a million energy on stackable blocks.

Well it is what it is, so deal with it. Its not like the admins can give back your energy. The past is the past.
And this is supposed to be a good thing!

trump's forehead is brighter than my whole future
if i had one

#106 2015-11-11 23:46:33

The Party Animal
Formerly TPA2

are we still gonna be able to play on kong

#107 2015-11-11 23:58:24

Trifectorce

I would love to know how people are running Unity on Chrome version 45 and later (released in September), as from what I've seen it is been permanently removed from Chrome, and you can't re-enable it by just setting a flag.

#108 2015-11-12 00:00:56

rgl32

rgl32 from a page ago wrote:
KingFudge wrote:

Reading that Everybody Edits is being ported to Unity made me cry because Unity isn't supported on Chrome, as far as I know.

Nou wrote:

Edits will still be available on the main website as it is now. We are aware of the concerns about the Unity Web Player being inefficient and it no longer being supported by Google Chrome, but we will be using the WebGL player for the website, which works a lot better.

WebGL should work on chrome if I remember on what I looked up about it.

Please, you have to read. nou even made it easier to understand on the first page, basically they are using Webgl for browsers (which would most likely include kong, armor games, etc.), and webgl DOES run on chrome.

Wooted by: (5)

#109 2015-11-12 00:34:39, last edited by OINX (2015-11-12 00:36:29)

OINX

I don't mind if the items become infinite or some other changes as long as there are a few long time goals.
One of them is building good worlds, this cannot be changed, it even becomes easier with this update.
But one goal was to waste time randomly to buy items with energy and therefore being able to build better worlds. This one will gone.
But as already mentioned, you can build worlds earlier, that you wanted to build for a long time > less boring worlds in the lobby hopefully > better magic farming in enjoyable worlds.
And I hope the magic rewards will always be extended somehow, cuz I really like to invest time in luck based rewards. They have the highest value imo.
For all those who like to have better worlds through hard work: The magic system works just like this, that you have to work for some blocks. That time investment is at least as good as spending energy... But we would need more magic axclusive building stuff...oh and now I just got an idea, but I'm too lazy to make one suggestion.
So here is what crossed my mind. Try to implement some magic action items. Use the suggestions for that. I'm not much into art, but magic backgrounds would surely be appreciated. Maybe it is also time for a third kind of coin... .

Just my thoughts.

(  ° ,(oo)° ) oink oink

#110 2015-11-12 02:55:27

Abelysk

Okay, people feel like they're doing "something" by logging on to EE daily. Folks, that's hardly anything. It just feels like a chore to log on daily. We'll still be buying worlds, meaning we won't have infinite worlds (iirc).

A ton of players played EE in its early stages, simply because they wanted to make worlds. They wanted to build, build, build. That was the magic of EE. A lot of players liked playing worlds too. There was always something to do in EE, and there still is now. Updates - good ones - kept players intact with the game. However, once we started getting updates that broke or messed up many players' creations (removing minimap color from decorations, physics changes,  changing the look of various elements like the gravity dot, etc.), the popularity began to decline. When Cyclone shut the forums down, when MrShoe neglected EE, blablabla, EE was going downhill badly. When I came back to EE in 2013, the game was on the verge of dying.

I don't know if I was the first to do this, and I don't know if I saved EE by doing this, but I found and emailed the CEO of the company where MrShoe worked at to look at EE and continue updating it. He apologized and said they were working on very many projects, so they neglected EE. He did however say that EE would be put in a higher priority, and admitted that they had sort of forgotten about EE. Anyway, I told my Kongregate buddies and the whole email thing went viral. Lots of players began emailing the CEO Brian Meidell and he finally agreed to work on EE. MrShoe returned for a brief moment, and introduced more BG and even brought the Moderator (Guardian) update to life. This was also when Atilla and Meredith managed + hosted an EE forum.

MrShoe then passed the game ownership to NVD. Other admins joined NVD alongside him. A few months ago, Nou gained ownership.

Sorry for the long post of randomness. Here's a cookie.

piq_55766_400x400.png

Wooted by:

#111 2015-11-12 03:08:01

minimania wrote:

Suddenly I regret purchasing so many spawn points as a pleb, instead of going for the Christmas decorations.

All those coin gates I bought over 2 years ago...
and all those portals... Damn...

Despite what people say, Different55 is the best mod.

#112 2015-11-12 09:37:37

cpcrabs

Yes, yes, yes, YES.

I never thought this day would come, when we would actually have developers who didn't just make new block packs and smileys each week, but actually improved the game for the better. Thank you to all the staff for looking after this game and actually listening to our requests. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

17 i think

#113 2015-11-12 10:56:59

Aoitenshi

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

I don't know who would spend Gems on stackable items... And honestly, it should feel more like a donation.

Having unlimited stackable items is a good thing. You SHOULD be happy that you no longer need to constantly waste your Energy or Gems. Compensation? Consider unlimited stackable items as compensation already. That's your reward. The catch is everyone else also gets unlimited stackable items. Don't be greedy people.

>spent 100 gems on blue coin doors to make station_03.nex possible

well worth the purchase though

Wooted by: (3)

#114 2015-11-12 11:23:10

Onjit
Website

I accidentally wasted 26 gems on death doors by pressing the wrong button before the warnings were implemented. ;_;

I'm not complaining though, there's plenty of ways to get gems naturally now.

:.|:;

#115 2015-11-12 13:18:42

Prodigy

I regret wasting 50 gems on classic smileys and spawn points ._.

h0qIF0q.png

#116 2015-11-12 15:56:50

Calicara

Aoitenshi wrote:

>spent 100 gems on blue coin doors to make station_03.nex possible

well worth the purchase though

You could ask Processor for a refund. Though I don't mean to sound rude, but why would you waste 100 gems on blue coin doors when a BC subscription is only 50?

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#117 2015-11-12 16:26:25

Zumza

With a quick flash, flash will be replaced.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#118 2015-11-12 16:59:27

SPT

Prodigy5996 wrote:

I regret wasting 50 gems on spawn points ._.

why would you ever do that

#119 2015-11-12 18:44:41

Prodigy

Duck wrote:
Prodigy5996 wrote:

I regret wasting 50 gems on spawn points ._.

why would you ever do that

to make a good world I guess

h0qIF0q.png

Wooted by:

#120 2015-11-12 19:34:29

CatoniC
Formerly Elizabeth53999

Someone tell me when is the 50% discount..

Im too lazy to go searching through posts

trump's forehead is brighter than my whole future
if i had one

#121 2015-11-12 20:07:54

some woman

Elizabeth53999 wrote:

black friday

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

Wooted by: (2)

#122 2015-11-12 20:08:41

Spen(der)Boy
Banned

Elizabeth53999 wrote:

It's in Friday the 27th

The Spendy Player who have deluxe smileys. Totally not rudik3000. I am something or secretly so you can't guess my name.
I don't have big-spender-blue.svg.
user.php?id=spenboy

#123 2015-11-12 21:03:37, last edited by Vitalijus (2015-11-12 21:08:35)

Vitalijus
Website

Okay that's it. Nou as a owner? Are you kidding me? Unity? Unity?! Why the **** are you doing this with a simple flash game? Better give it to Chris or shut it down but don't do this. I mean Unity, most of **** are made using that crap. Gold Members? I would better sell **** instead of making  **** like this golden smileys, borders, crew faceplates and its all about to pay amount of gems or money a month? **** you **** MrShoe was doing it better than you money sucking bimps. STEAM well thats are some good news, but everyone will be giving bad reviews because of facebook and mario graphics. Well if we are talking about graphics just look at thoose beutiful rpgmaster2000's graphics without many shading not too simple not too hard. And now look at thoose disqusting piece of poop worth toop's smileys. Let's get back to steam I bet that it will be 6.99€ for something we can play for free. bimps this P2W game, goodbye **** that still wants to play this garbage I'm leaving even if I was complaining about leaving I'm actually doing it how hard it is because this was one of my first and favourite games, when I couldn't leave my PC because of it. ou broke it **** I hope you're happy. And you can also don't respond to this post because I'll be banned because of truth. By the way Nou, you money sucking motherbimpsing I hope you are happy I was really willing this game to be good again when NVD became the owner but all my hopes are broken by MrNou.

wn7I7Oa.png

Wooted by:

#124 2015-11-12 21:17:08

rgl32

Vitalijus wrote:

MrShoe was doing it better than you money sucking bimps.

I want to know how making the main aspect of the game (building) free and making cosmetics (gold member) is being money sucking. This is how games should be, only paying money for things that don't interfere with the main aspects of a game, and thats the complete opposite of money sucking/hungry. I really do want to know why you think that is a bad move though? I mean, I can see people wanting some compensation for things they spent a lot of time for, but just saying it's bad because of those reasons just don't make sense to me.

#125 2015-11-12 21:18:29

Koya
Fabulous Member

Vitalijus wrote:

TEAM well thats are some good news, but everyone will be giving bad reviews because of facebook and mario graphics.

This is something I thought about - I think there is a very real chance people will hate it.

Vitalijus wrote:

Let's get back to steam I bet that it will be 6.99€ for something we can play for free.

I assume it would be F2P on Steam, no reason to make people pay now.

Vitalijus wrote:

bimps this P2W game

You don't win by paying.

They are doing what they can to attract more people and bring this game back from the dead.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

rgl321467417981610840

Board footer