Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-31 16:56:56, last edited by Insanity (2015-10-31 16:58:12)

Insanity

2nd Amendment aka Murica aka Gunz aka Thuggin aka Bearing arms

What's ur opinion on Guns, carrying Arms etc.?

tbh i think guns are badass, hella cool, alpha as phuck to just hold, feels extremely empowering to fire one too

with that said the laws that the US has for them are batsht insane

there's no reason military grade assault rifles should be available for sale, same with 12 round mag semis and revolvers as strong as a .44 magnum

if you want to protect yourself, I don't see why you need ridiculously powerful equipment

The right to bear arms doesn't mean you can dictate what arms you can carry. The government is corrupt  enough to suck off these gun lobbyists without actually giving a crap about the people its affecting

I can understand hunting rifles, because they aren't too big a threat to a large population, mainly because a lot of them are single shot and their magazines are quite limited, and for some reason hunting is a sport, however an assault rifle? people dont need those

I think knives are safer, more reliable, if I wanted to protect myself with weapons I'd just carry a simple pocket knife. Using the excuse that they want a lethal weapon for self defense is dumb af

This is just my take on it

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by:

#2 2015-10-31 16:59:07

CatoniC
Formerly Elizabeth53999

Re: 2nd Amendment aka Murica aka Gunz aka Thuggin aka Bearing arms

i think guns r stupid, theres no need to kill random people unless they are harming u....u can just talk verbally to them O.o no need for guns or violence. theres a lot of murder cases because of guns...i wonder who invented guns.

trump's forehead is brighter than my whole future
if i had one

#3 2015-10-31 17:07:43

skullz17

Elizabeth53999 wrote:

i think guns r stupid, theres no need to kill random people unless they are harming u....u can just talk verbally to them O.o no need for guns or violence. theres a lot of murder cases because of guns...i wonder who invented guns.

are you serious

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (3)

#4 2015-10-31 17:08:43

CatoniC
Formerly Elizabeth53999

skullz17 wrote:
Elizabeth53999 wrote:

are you serious

imo yes

if i had one

#5 2015-10-31 17:10:57

Pingohits
Banned

Elizabeth53999 wrote:

my-chest.jpg

NOOOOOOooooOOOOOOOoooOOOOoooOOOOOOOOOOO

Guns don't kill people, people kill people

guns are important in many ways
what if you walked into a burglary at your house? Without out a gun, you'll probably be tied up and thrown into a trunk. If you had a gun, you could quickly pull it out and stop those nasty thieves

Haven't you noticed that most school shootings (and shootings in general) are done by the mentally insane and the violent? It's not like someone would just pick up a gun and just starting shooting things, no. They have a motive to do so.

Also, have you ever tried to talk a gunman out? You need to go through years of practice in order to do so correctly. Not everyone has the time to do that.

You also stated that there were no need for guns; you haven't thought this out correctly

If all of the guns in the world were removed, we'll be fighting with swords and shields

That'll still be violent, even without guns

Yes, what you said about the majority of murder cases being conducted with guns; that is true.

If you were to remove guns solely for this purpose, what about knives? What about murder cases that were conducted via blow to the head?

Shouldn't we remove knives, axes, chainsaws, katanas, shouldn't we remove those too because they've been used for murder?

No.

It is illogical to do so.

791mAP8.png

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2015-10-31 17:12:22

CatoniC
Formerly Elizabeth53999

Elizabeth53999 wrote:

imo

if i had one

#7 2015-10-31 17:15:26

skullz17

Pingohits wrote:

what if you walked into a burglary at your house? Without out a gun, you'll probably be tied up and thrown into a trunk. If you had a gun, you could quickly pull it out and stop those nasty thieves

didn't realise everyone had their gun on them all the time

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#8 2015-10-31 17:18:00

Terrasher
Website

family-guy-right-to-bear-arms-jpeg.243547

tumblr_mkwgua1DWj1qe0clto1_500.gif

Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves.

Song over, back to field. Putin is great!

#9 2015-10-31 17:42:20

Bobithan

Pingohits wrote:

Guns don't kill people, people kill people

guns are important in many ways

Haven't you noticed that most school shootings (and shootings in general) are done by the mentally insane and the violent? It's not like someone would just pick up a gun and just starting shooting things, no. They have a motive to do so.

Also, have you ever tried to talk a gunman out? You need to go through years of practice in order to do so correctly. Not everyone has the time to do that.

You also stated that there were no need for guns; you haven't thought this out correctly

If all of the guns in the world were removed, we'll be fighting with swords and shields

That'll still be violent, even without guns

Yes, what you said about the majority of murder cases being conducted with guns; that is true.

If you were to remove guns solely for this purpose, what about knives? What about murder cases that were conducted via blow to the head?

Shouldn't we remove knives, axes, chainsaws, katanas, shouldn't we remove those too because they've been used for murder?

No.

It is illogical to do so.

Here, look at this:

Hidden text

I'm kinda fascinated by your fixation with how guns are vital for an American citizen to survive. They do way more harm than good. We live in basically the only first world country where school shootings are commonplace, and we sit here and wonder why when the answer is right in front of us.

#10 2015-10-31 18:02:23

Terrasher
Website

I've seen so many gun-related accidents (or not) on the news (woman accidentally shot by child that found gun in her purse; little girl accidentally shooting gun instructor; 11 year old boy shooting and killing 5 year old girl), that right now, my only reaction is either: "well, what the f**k did you expect?" or "again?"

I mean, at least leave guns as far away from children as you can. I don't think children so young should be taught to use guns or that they (guns) should be in a place that's easy enough to access for a child to find it and use it (may it be accidentally or not).

tumblr_mkwgua1DWj1qe0clto1_500.gif

Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves.

Song over, back to field. Putin is great!

#11 2015-10-31 18:05:26

Creature

Terrasher wrote:

I've seen so many gun-related accidents (or not) on the news (woman accidentally shot by child that found gun in her purse; little girl accidentally shooting gun instructor; 11 year old boy shooting and killing 5 year old girl), that right now, my only reaction is either: "well, what the f**k did you expect?" or "again?"

I mean, at least leave guns as far away from children as you can. I don't think children so young should be taught to use guns or that they (guns) should be in a place that's easy enough to access for a child to find it and use it (may it be accidentally or not).

I disagree. We should let kids have any kind of guns they want. So they'll have fun plus will decrease the overpopulation.

This is a false statement.

#12 2015-10-31 18:47:49

Pingohits
Banned

Bobithan wrote:

I'm kinda fascinated by your fixation with how guns are vital for an American citizen to survive. They do way more harm than good. We live in basically the only first world country where school shootings are commonplace, and we sit here and wonder why when the answer is right in front of us.

let me rephrase that

i am opposing anti-gun practitioners

guns should not be removed, and in order to use a gun, you must be trained and certified

I am not fixated on why guns are vital to the United States

they are, in my opinion, a tool for safety in dangerous times

In your graph, it pointed out a variety of useful tools except for the assault rifle

note i did not point out that we needed assault rifles for protection

a small pistol would be used as so

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#13 2015-10-31 19:02:18

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I'm in favor of guns.  I enjoy hunting and shooting (competitive and casual).

IMO there is a difference between a gun and an RPG/something that can wipe out 500 people in 3 secs.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#14 2015-10-31 19:08:28

Things like school shootings may only happen because of mentally unstable people, but all it takes is one lunatic for at least 40 people dying or having their lives changed forever. With so many angst and frustation running around in campuses these days, I can't see the reason for taking the risk of tragedies like that just so your redneck neighbor can show off his military-grade assault rifle on Youtube.
That being said, your average criminal or robber is just irrepairable scum and deserves to be completely eliminated from society in most cases. Too bad things like capital punishment are unreliable, but I guess the prison system in the US works well.

#15 2015-10-31 19:10:16

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

0176 wrote:

I guess the prison system in the US works well.

Not hardly.

#16 2015-11-01 03:49:53

Anak

Funnily enough when you have stricter gun laws you have less murders.

Wooted by: (3)

#17 2015-11-01 06:39:16

SilverStar
EE Homegirl

Insanity wrote:

I can understand hunting rifles, because they aren't too big a threat to a large population, mainly because a lot of them are single shot and their magazines are quite limited, and for some reason hunting is a sport, however an assault rifle? people dont need those

I think knives are safer, more reliable, if I wanted to protect myself with weapons I'd just carry a simple pocket knife. Using the excuse that they want a lethal weapon for self defense is dumb af

This is just my take on it

Does anyone argue that assault rifles should be legal? Just curious if anyone wants to argue that.

Also - I thought I heard stabbings are more lethal than being shot because a bullet wound is cleaner. Though I guess that's not your point, and I don't think we can just ban knives. :P

1oGNJTH.gif

#18 2015-11-01 07:03:09

Onjit
Website

One of the differences between guns and knives is that it's somewhat easier to avoid getting stabbed. Guns (obviously) have superior range, and it's harder to struggle with the assailant to disarm.

:.|:;

#19 2015-11-01 15:08:41, last edited by Insanity (2015-11-01 15:09:24)

Insanity

SilverStar wrote:

Also - I thought I heard stabbings are more lethal than being shot because a bullet wound is cleaner. Though I guess that's not your point, and I don't think we can just ban knives. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

a gun definitely is more lethal, also 0 counterplay involved when ur dealign with that unless hes a moron. With a knife, you can run, or attempt to disarm them because they'll have to engage you at melee distance

the average knife assailant wont be able to penetrate bone because
a) he's weak af
b) he'll likely go for a gut shot wit the knife

guns have extremely high collateral damage

bullets that penetrate through your ribs can ricochet off of multiple parts inside your body like a fkin pinball and screw up everything inside

knife wounds are all so far more shallow than bullet wounds. a bullet will likely make a massive exist wound, and if not, stay lodged in your body which is pretty freakin bad too

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.

Wooted by:

#20 2015-11-01 16:59:26

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

SilverStar wrote:

Does anyone argue that assault rifles should be legal? Just curious if anyone wants to argue that.

Assault rifles are like that middle ground between a gun, and something that can wipe out 500 people in 3 secs.
You can't really do anything with them other than shoot at others.  They shoot to fast, the rounds are too large, and the accuracy is pretty much ****.

Insanity wrote:

he'll likely go for a gut shot wit the knife

Which will likely kill you if not treated quick enough.  You will either bleed out, or your blood can be poisoned from you bowels.

Onjit wrote:

it's harder to struggle with the assailant to disarm.

I think it's harder to disarm someone with a knife.  Reason being, there is nothing to grab and twist, unless you want your hand sliced up.  Then you wince in pain, letting go, and you get stabbed to death.

Mentally unstable people should not be in possession of guns, but that's extremely difficult to manage.  But then you have to define mentally unstable.

#21 2015-11-01 17:07:29

Anak

Aren't those that are mentally ill more likely to be non-violent/victims anyways?

#22 2015-11-01 17:43:46

Abelysk

In a psychological perspective, most murders by gun are due to guns being available in the free market. Most people automatically assume that people can still get their guns outside of the U.S. if we had strict laws... Well, actually, most murderers don't even try hard to get their guns - if we banned guns, most murderers wouldn't even think about committing such a crime... Most of these murderers have nothing to do, and they glance at their room and tell themselves "let's do something crazy", so they easily go to the store and buy their guns. A lot of other gun murders are caused by people receiving guns for Christmas or their birthday. They see the gun in front of them, and go "I feel like I can do something with this". This is true for the insane and psychopathic (not all, of course). Well, the only thing one can do with guns is, you guessed it, kill.

#23 2015-11-01 17:47:30

Insanity

Knife or gun, doesn't matter, they're both highly lethal if the person using it has the intent to kill

However, knives require you to be in extremely close proximity, and if you tried to go on a killing spree with a knife you won't get very far

guns allow people to kill multiple people from a distance, and extremely quickly with 0 risk

Wooted by: (4)

#24 2015-11-01 17:59:54

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Anak wrote:

Aren't those that are mentally ill more likely to be non-violent/victims anyways?

According to this: https://publicintelligence.net/mass-sho … l-illness/
79% of mass shootings are mental health related.

Wooted by:

#25 2015-11-01 22:33:05

skullz17

Anak wrote:

It's more about how many violent people are mentally ill, rather than how many mentally ill people are violent.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Koya1447265343557985

Board footer