Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-10 17:58:58

skullz17

"hot" tab

Believe it or not, woots (as a concept) had some good perks (which likes lack). One of these things is their decay. This allowed the lobby to change constantly and allowed for variety in the lobby (however this unfortunately didn't work because woots were unlimited and were basically meaningless). Our current system offering likes and favourites - neither of which decay - lacks this variety in the lobby.

I suggest that we add a "hot" tab. The worlds in this tab are sorted by the most likes in the past day/week/whatever, rather than our current "likes" tab which just shows the most likes of all time (the worlds in this tab aren't bad, there's just not much variety - they are mostly campaign worlds). With the hot tab, we can find worlds that have been popular recently.

I think that if we had this, as well as the "new" tab, plus more people actively reviewing worlds, we could have a good lobby.

Possible ideas:
- Rather than only show worlds that are currently open, it could show the top 25 worlds for recent likes whether they are open or not.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#2 2015-10-12 01:10:50

Freckleface

Re: "hot" tab

skullz17 wrote:

Believe it or not, woots (as a concept) had some good perks (which likes lack). One of these things is their decay. This allowed the lobby to change constantly and allowed for variety in the lobby (however this unfortunately didn't work because woots were unlimited and were basically meaningless). Our current system offering likes and favourites - neither of which decay - lacks this variety in the lobby.

I suggest that we add a "hot" tab. The worlds in this tab are sorted by the most likes in the past day/week/whatever, rather than our current "likes" tab which just shows the most likes of all time (the worlds in this tab aren't bad, there's just not much variety - they are mostly campaign worlds). With the hot tab, we can find worlds that have been popular recently.

I think that if we had this, as well as the "new" tab, plus more people actively reviewing worlds, we could have a good lobby.

Possible ideas:
- Rather than only show worlds that are currently open, it could show the top 25 worlds for recent likes whether they are open or not.

I am pretty sure I suggested this somewhere :/ but yeah I think i suggested that featured is whatever got the most new likes/favorites/plays in the past week/month/year/decade/century/milenium/second/minute/hour/day/Planck's time (you get the idea)

F

Freckleface1444608650548700

Board footer