Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-03 20:36:26

Muftwin
Member
Joined: 2015-02-27
Posts: 535

How to get my people to come to my world

accbomb not working anymore what do i do!?!?!?!?!

why should i even build a world when i have no means to show it off anymore...


hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

Offline

#2 2015-10-03 20:39:48

Era
Member
From: ::1
Joined: 2015-05-06
Posts: 884

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

Build a good world, invite some friends... relying on accounbombing is bad style.

Offline

Wooted by:

#3 2015-10-03 20:45:47, last edited by Br0k3n (2015-10-11 22:16:35)

Br0k3n
Member
From: Serbia
Joined: 2015-04-04
Posts: 1,451

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

the problem is that the campaign levels in the lobby are taking the space.


?type=online&name=br0k3n ?type=lastlogin&name=br0k3n ?type=loginstreak&name=br0k3n

76561198080960604.png

Offline

#4 2015-10-03 20:50:31

Muftwin
Member
Joined: 2015-02-27
Posts: 535

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

Era wrote:

Build a good world, invite some friends... relying on accounbombing is bad style.

1. Done x10 i have plenty of good worlds im sure people want to play they just dont know about it
2. Im sure my friends dont want to come sit in my world all day praying someone will come in


hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

Offline

#5 2015-10-03 20:55:00

skullz17
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,699

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

I don't know. I haven't thought about it because I just stopped caring about it at some point, and just relied on forum feedback. Come to think of it, it has been a while since I hosted a good world and had it filled with players.


m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

Wooted by:

#6 2015-10-03 22:37:59

Luka504
Member
From: Serbia,probs never heard of it
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 2,933

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

Type WIP in the title it will be number 1 in no time


How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Offline

#7 2015-10-04 16:19:48

Muftwin
Member
Joined: 2015-02-27
Posts: 535

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

guys this is a serious topic please help me

thanks a lot idiots that circlejerk about accbomb being cancer without any legitimate reasons and somehow that being accepted


hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

Offline

#8 2015-10-04 16:42:46

Zoey2070
Moderation Team
From: Shakuras
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 5,504

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

a) accountbomb sucks when it's in a bunch of crap worlds, but i agree that it did have a purpose. still, though, you can have five accounts per IP, which is better than one.
b) for real, I had a world that said WIP and people would just come and go even though there wasn't really anything in it. it was weird.
basically, get friends. you just need the momentum to be near the top of the lobby list, and the rest will happen on its own.


proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Offline

#9 2015-10-04 16:50:15

Anak
Guest

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

Use accountbomb+friends+WIP+advertisement and you're in maybe possibly

#10 2015-10-04 17:08:31

Creature
Member
From: The Dark Web
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 9,658

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

Name it to "NVD is here!", your world will be full within a minute.


This is a false statement.

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#11 2015-10-04 17:26:29

Evilbunny
Member
From: The bottom of my heart
Joined: 2015-02-25
Posts: 1,276

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

The WIP advice is real.
I was working on a sudoku level, with nothing for people to do yet. I called it Sudoku WIP and it got to the top of the lobby somehow, even though all the people were doing was sitting in a box.


Evilbunny (in cursive)

Offline

#12 2015-10-04 17:44:57

Slushie
Member
From: look behind u
Joined: 2015-03-04
Posts: 504

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

People like watching others build levels more than playing them. So yeah, WIP is the way to go.


ok

Offline

#13 2015-10-04 17:54:22

skullz17
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,699

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

Slushie wrote:

People like watching others build levels more than playing them. So yeah, WIP is the way to go.

does this mean there is a market for ee building on youtube?


m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#14 2015-10-04 18:06:40

Anak
Guest

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

skullz17 wrote:
Slushie wrote:

People like watching others build levels more than playing them. So yeah, WIP is the way to go.

does this mean there is a market for ee building on youtube?

Yes, actually. I've seen videos like tutorials on building things and they've gotten popular-ish.

#15 2015-10-04 18:36:53, last edited by Muftwin (2015-10-04 18:39:11)

Muftwin
Member
Joined: 2015-02-27
Posts: 535

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

Zoey2070 wrote:

a) accountbomb sucks when it's in a bunch of crap worlds, but i agree that it did have a purpose. still, though, you can have five accounts per IP, which is better than one.
b) for real, I had a world that said WIP and people would just come and go even though there wasn't really anything in it. it was weird.
basically, get friends. you just need the momentum to be near the top of the lobby list, and the rest will happen on its own.

1. If its a bad world being bombed people will see that its bad and leave only the bomb there. the owner will see noones interested and leave it (atleast thats what i do)
2. I dont know maybe cyph1es accounts got banned or something (i doubt that) but it wont put even 5 people in anymore
3. I totally believe the WIP advice i'll try it out. still thats a very strange way to do it i believe something else should be able to be done.
4. like i said i dont think my friends really want to sit in my world that they already played all day and replay the same exact thing. i know there are lots of players that havent played my levels tho that love them and do want to play them as they are fresh content to them.
5. momentum is exactly the problem the only way to be at the top is to already be at the top.

EDIT: i have an idea, players who own a campaign world (proof that they make quality levels not sucky worlds that dont deserve to be at the top) get a bump button in all there worlds they can use it once every 4hrs? and it puts there world on the front page for 20mins?


hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

Offline

#16 2015-10-04 19:07:55

Hexagon
Member
Joined: 2015-04-22
Posts: 1,213

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

I have an idea. People buy google ads for their world, and since this forum is about EE, it'll most likely show up here.

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#17 2015-10-04 19:40:25

CatoniC
Formerly Elizabeth53999
From: sleepys
Joined: 2015-08-21
Posts: 512

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

It depends on your world. If it has a cool art world, people might like it and stay there for a while...As time goes, people will build up in your world... When it gets into the top 5 in the lobby, people will come in if your title is interesting... I suggest changing the title now and then but if you dont want to, thats fine. This is what i do.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile


trump's forehead is brighter than my whole future
if i had one

Offline

#18 2015-10-04 19:40:31

Muftwin
Member
Joined: 2015-02-27
Posts: 535

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

Hexagon wrote:

I have an idea. People buy google ads for their world, and since this forum is about EE, it'll most likely show up here.

the target market im trying to reach doesnt use the forum that would be irrelevant


hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

Offline

#19 2015-10-04 20:10:18

Nou
Member
Joined: 2015-02-24
Posts: 2,762

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

Muftwin wrote:

EDIT: i have an idea, players who own a campaign world (proof that they make quality levels not sucky worlds that dont deserve to be at the top) get a bump button in all there worlds they can use it once every 4hrs? and it puts there world on the front page for 20mins?

Not sure I like this idea, but I do like the fact that you propose a solution, and I think we should get a discussion going on this.

Something like purchasing a boost to the top for an hour for X energy or something?

Throw in some more ideas guys.


No u.

Offline

#20 2015-10-04 20:17:12

Anak
Guest

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

I like the idea of advertisements
Maybe you could purchase an advertisement in the shop (gems or loads of energy) which features your world, and everyone's featured world goes around for however long idk

Wooted by: (2)

#21 2015-10-04 20:50:03

Hexagon
Member
Joined: 2015-04-22
Posts: 1,213

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

This,

Muftwin wrote:

the target market im trying to reach doesnt use the forum that would be irrelevant

plus this,

Anak wrote:

Maybe you could purchase an advertisement in the shop (gems or loads of energy) which features your world, and everyone's featured world goes around for however long

would be something like people buy ads using gems only. If someone chooses to enable ads, they will receive a few more energy "points" everyday that they have the ads showing, to encourage users to show ads. Users could bid on the ads, and the higher the bid the more users will see it.

Offline

#22 2015-10-04 21:51:53

Schlog
Member
Joined: 2015-07-21
Posts: 1,957

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

Nou wrote:
Muftwin wrote:

EDIT: i have an idea, players who own a campaign world (proof that they make quality levels not sucky worlds that dont deserve to be at the top) get a bump button in all there worlds they can use it once every 4hrs? and it puts there world on the front page for 20mins?

Not sure I like this idea, but I do like the fact that you propose a solution, and I think we should get a discussion going on this.

Something like purchasing a boost to the top for an hour for X energy or something?

Throw in some more ideas guys.

I absolutely hate the idea of bumping worlds for gems or energy. I don't think world bumping should be a thing, considering there's tons of worlds in the lobby that are trying to gain players.

I believe you need to actually work for your world to be at the top. Account bombing was bad enough, so I don't think that you should add any such thing along the lines of bumping worlds.

Offline

Wooted by:

#23 2015-10-04 21:52:52

Anak
Guest

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

MLGNinja wrote:

I absolutely hate the idea of bumping worlds for gems or energy. I don't think world bumping should be a thing, considering there's tons of worlds in the lobby that are trying to gain players.

I believe you need to actually work for your world to be at the top. Account bombing was bad enough, so I don't think that you should add any such thing along the lines of bumping worlds.

What do you propose is "working for your world to be at the top"

Wooted by:

Nou

#24 2015-10-04 22:23:28

Schlog
Member
Joined: 2015-07-21
Posts: 1,957

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

Anak wrote:
MLGNinja wrote:

I absolutely hate the idea of bumping worlds for gems or energy. I don't think world bumping should be a thing, considering there's tons of worlds in the lobby that are trying to gain players.

I believe you need to actually work for your world to be at the top. Account bombing was bad enough, so I don't think that you should add any such thing along the lines of bumping worlds.

What do you propose is "working for your world to be at the top"

Does everything you say to me have to be sarcastic and negative?
Working, as in, patience. You wait for people to join like how it always should've been. Do you really want "code is 1234" worlds to be bumped every 10 seconds?

Offline

#25 2015-10-04 22:29:11

Anak
Guest

Re: How to get my people to come to my world

MLGNinja wrote:
Anak wrote:
MLGNinja wrote:

I absolutely hate the idea of bumping worlds for gems or energy. I don't think world bumping should be a thing, considering there's tons of worlds in the lobby that are trying to gain players.

I believe you need to actually work for your world to be at the top. Account bombing was bad enough, so I don't think that you should add any such thing along the lines of bumping worlds.

What do you propose is "working for your world to be at the top"

Does everything you say to me have to be sarcastic and negative?
Working, as in, patience. You wait for people to join like how it always should've been. Do you really want "code is 1234" worlds to be bumped every 10 seconds?

That was a genuine question without any form of sarcasm but alright
And I guess that would work in theory but idk I haven't really seen any instance of that anymore.

2721444271768547598

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1713105303.7063 - Generated in 0.180 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.77 MiB (Peak: 2.03 MiB) ]