Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-20 00:20:33

Benjii

Topic about abusers ?

Hi all !

I wanna know if there is a special topic about reporting trolls, abuser with proofs (screenshots).
If yes, give me the link please ^^
If not, please tell me in which setion I can put report one.

Thanks !

Benji

FluxBB bbcode test

I love these players :

FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test

I didn't accept him...

FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test

Same between DAMIANBOSHY and TOXICMA :
FluxBB bbcode test

Read the first and the last line :
FluxBB bbcode test

Wooted by:

#2 2015-09-20 00:23:36, last edited by Creature (2015-09-20 01:45:35)

Creature

Re: Topic about abusers ?

Yes, there is.

But this topic is secret.

Only a conscious player will find it.

Listen,

You're in-game and someone mentally abuse with you, you must now find this topic.

There's a secret command.

/report [username] [reason]

It will secretly make a topic for the moderators.

They will listen to you and will help you.

You don't need to post here.

EDIT: If it's a troll, then ignore what I said and go...do something else.

This is a false statement.

#3 2015-09-20 00:27:28, last edited by Badoosh (2015-09-20 00:32:16)

Badoosh
EE Homeboy
Website

Well, reporting people in public is frowned upon. One reason is it can cause angry mobs to shame accused players. So there aren't any topics around or ones that should be made, unless you want an angry mob of forumers to shame you. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Hope this helped.

Creature wrote:

There's a secret command.

It will secretly make a topic for the moderators.

They will listen to you and will help you.

You don't need to post here.

He mentioned trolls in his first post. You shouldn't use this to report trolls, keyspammers, or anything non chat related. So he may need to post stuff here... the non chat related stuff.

#4 2015-09-20 01:38:00

Schlog

Benjii wrote:

reporting trolls

Pretty sure you can't report people for trolling.

Benjii wrote:

please tell me in which setion I can put report

Creature wrote:

#5 2015-09-20 05:27:46

Different55
Forum Admin

As has been said, do not report people on the forums. Don't report trolls at all, since its not against EE rules. If you must report someone on EE for an actual rule broken, use the /report chat command in the game itself and it'll be taken care of.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#6 2015-09-20 11:16:26

Benjii

Ofc it's more about trolls, but I don't want them to be banned. I was thinking about creating a topic with "persons you shouldn't give edit" in case of Boss To Edit. So in this topic, I put my banlist and sometimes I add screenshots (if it's possible) that prove they are not trusted.
So to be sure, am I able to do this sort of topic ? If yes, in whiche section can I put this topic ?

Thanks //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

FluxBB bbcode test

I love these players :

FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test

I didn't accept him...

FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test

FluxBB bbcode test

FluxBB bbcode test

#7 2015-09-20 12:01:36

Creature

Benjii wrote:

I was thinking about creating a topic with "persons you shouldn't give edit" in case of Boss To Edit.

This is just a way to defame someone. If you're giving edit, you're agreeing this person might troll and it will be your fault because you gave edit, anyone can troll.

This is a false statement.

#8 2015-09-20 21:39:09

Benjii

(I didn't find how to do "creature wrote : ...)

Creature, it's also to prevent others owners who may give edit on boss or minis, that these persons already trolled somewhere. Then, they can ban them if they trust me, or just keep an eye //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

FluxBB bbcode test

I love these players :

FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test

I didn't accept him...

FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test

FluxBB bbcode test

FluxBB bbcode test

#9 2015-09-20 22:09:46

Kirby

Benjii wrote:

(I didn't find how to do "creature wrote : ...)

Creature, it's also to prevent others owners who may give edit on boss or minis, that these persons already trolled somewhere. Then, they can ban them if they trust me, or just keep an eye //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

To do the "creature wrote" thing, on the bottom right of their post, click the "Quick Quote" button. It will do it for you.

And this still brings us back to what he said. If someone is on the list, rightfully or wrongfully, it just defames them. We don't want to start witch hunts here.

#10 2015-09-20 22:19:29

skullz17

Well there's no point in that list because there will always be people who will troll.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#11 2015-09-20 23:31:29

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Seems like a good place for this...

Here are a few things for you guys to remember:

- You can get banned for frivolous or rule-breaking abuse reports.  So don't send them.
- Do not use the report tool against trolling.  Trolling is not against the rules and your report will be considered spam.
- Hacking shouldn't be reported with the report function, as it cannot collect sufficient evidence against "hackers."
- Just because the report tool cannot spy on hackers, does not mean they are not banned regularly.  Seriously, just play the game as is.
- Reports on people for not giving you edit will be marked as spam.
- The report command is not a way to PM people.  We have a /PM command for that.
(Credit: Toop)

Over the past month, the number of spam reports have gone up drastically.  It gets in the way of all of the legit reports, and makes our job harder.  Therefore, anyone that sends in a fake/spam report, will receive a ban.  There will be no debate on the matter, and no hesitation.  With that said, anyone that send in reports trying to be "funny," will have their account indefinitely suspended.

Discord: jawp#5123

#12 2015-09-20 23:41:11

Schlog

JaWapa wrote:

Seems like a good place for this...

Here are a few things for you guys to remember:

- You can get banned for frivolous or rule-breaking abuse reports.  So don't send them.
- Do not use the report tool against trolling.  Trolling is not against the rules and your report will be considered spam.
- Hacking shouldn't be reported with the report function, as it cannot collect sufficient evidence against "hackers."
- Just because the report tool cannot spy on hackers, does not mean they are not banned regularly.  Seriously, just play the game as is.
- Reports on people for not giving you edit will be marked as spam.
- The report command is not a way to PM people.  We have a /PM command for that.
(Credit: Toop)

Over the past month, the number of spam reports have gone up drastically.  It gets in the way of all of the legit reports, and makes our job harder.  Therefore, anyone that sends in a fake/spam report, will receive a ban.  There will be no debate on the matter, and no hesitation.  With that said, anyone that send in reports trying to be "funny," will have their account indefinitely suspended.

I'd like to know this; If someone breaks a rule, but does NOT get reported by a single person, is the one who broke the rule going to be banned?
And also, how far back do your reports go? As in, what year?

#13 2015-09-20 23:45:04

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

MLGNinja wrote:

I'd like to know this; If someone breaks a rule, but does NOT get reported by a single person, is the one who broke the rule going to be banned?

How are they supposed to be banned for something that we are unaware of?  And I suppose all the way back to when they were first released.

#14 2015-09-20 23:46:45, last edited by Hexagon (2015-09-20 23:50:38)

Hexagon

If I report a user for,
- unintentionally evading the censor
- evokes an emotionally harming memory
- stalking users (e.g following them but not speaking to them)
- advertising an ee related website (e.g forums.everybodyedits.com, everybodyedits.com)
- sharing email addresses secretly (e.g using (at) instead of @)
- asking a user for an alternative form of communication outside of everybodyedits.com
- asking a user for their ee forums account name
- speaking to another user using non-explicit language after the user has told them to stop
- using a slur or reference that is not about tabaco, drugs, or alcohol (e.g racism, culture, gender)
- posting a link which at the time of publication did not violate the rules but the content on the website was modified such that it is now against the rules
- sharing a profile picture of a user's facebook account (via their fb user id token)
- connecting an auto-art bot client that impedes on user's game play because the title of the world is "No auto art bots allowed"
- connecting with another alias after I have been kicked from a world
- sharing a 10 digit code that could be mistaken for a phone number (e.g 12588843382)
- or, drawing an image with a bot which is initially offensive until the rest of the image is drawn

Will I get a warning/ban?

#15 2015-09-20 23:47:38

Schlog

JaWapa wrote:
MLGNinja wrote:

How are they supposed to be banned for something that we are unaware of?  And I suppose all the way back to when they were first released.

Fair enough. Thanks for answering.

#16 2015-09-21 00:30:46

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Hexagon wrote:

Context would help here.  I've never seen that happen.

Hexagon wrote:

stalking users (e.g following them but not speaking to them)

Not against the rules... you might be informed of it.  If you kept sending in the report you would be.

Hexagon wrote:

advertising an ee related website (e.g forums.everybodyedits.com, everybodyedits.com)

Advertising, no. Spamming links to try and get attention, yes.

Hexagon wrote:

sharing email addresses secretly (e.g using (at) instead of @)

That doesn't make sense.

Hexagon wrote:

asking a user for their ee forums account name

This also doesn't make any sense?

Hexagon wrote:

speaking to another user using non-explicit language after the user has told them to stop

If you are being a nuisance, and causing problems, and or harassing, then yes.

Hexagon wrote:

using a slur or reference that is not about tabaco, drugs, or alcohol (e.g racism, culture, gender)

Context is important.

Hexagon wrote:

posting a link which at the time of publication did not violate the rules but the content on the website was modified such that it is now against the rules

Why are you reporting them for a link that wasn't bad?

Hexagon wrote:

sharing a profile picture of a user's facebook account (via their fb user id token)

Yes.

Hexagon wrote:

connecting an auto-art bot client that impedes on user's game play because the title of the world is "No auto art bots allowed"

Ehhh, probably not.  Gray area.  The world owner could easily kick you, or remove your edit.

Hexagon wrote:

sharing a 10 digit code that could be mistaken for a phone number (e.g 12588843382)

That doesn't even make sense.

Hexagon wrote:

or, drawing an image with a bot which is initially offensive until the rest of the image is drawn

Context, example?

Wooted by: (2)

#17 2015-09-21 00:40:01

Schlog

On that note, we should create a topic on how to properly use the /report command.

Wooted by:

#18 2015-09-21 00:49:24, last edited by Hexagon (2015-09-21 00:49:57)

Hexagon

JaWapa wrote:
Hexagon wrote:

Context would help here.  I've never seen that happen.

Saying "He tried to.assemble that" but put a space between "s" and "e".

JaWapa wrote:
Hexagon wrote:

sharing email addresses secretly (e.g using (at) instead of @)

That doesn't make sense.

Sharing an email address and evading the censor at the same time; not sure how to report that.

JaWapa wrote:
Hexagon wrote:

asking a user for their ee forums account name

This also doesn't make any sense?

Since sharing "[...]any other personal information of other people" is a reason for a ban; not sure if eeforums username is personal or not.

JaWapa wrote:
Hexagon wrote:

posting a link which at the time of publication did not violate the rules but the content on the website was modified such that it is now against the rules

Why are you reporting them for a link that wasn't bad?

Well, it wasn't bad when they posted it but now it is, and there's no way to prove that it was not bad to begin with.

JaWapa wrote:
Hexagon wrote:

or, drawing an image with a bot which is initially offensive until the rest of the image is drawn

Context, example?

For example, drawing an explicit image and then turning a portion of that image into a dress. I might have to PM you for more info.

Thank you for your responses so far though, I appreciate it as it clarifies a few things.

#19 2015-09-21 00:58:17

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Hexagon wrote:

Saying "He tried to.assemble that" but put a space between "s" and "e".

Probably not.  Like I said, most people have the common sense to realize who is trying to evade censors, and who isn't.  I've never seen a report like this.

Hexagon wrote:

Sharing an email address and evading the censor at the same time; not sure how to report that.

Emails aren't censored? What?

Hexagon wrote:

Since sharing "[...]any other personal information of other people" is a reason for a ban; not sure if eeforums username is personal or not.

Ehh, that's a gray area.

Hexagon wrote:

Well, it wasn't bad when they posted it but now it is, and there's no way to prove that it was not bad to begin with.

Why was it reported to begin with?  And why would you be banned for someone else sharing a ban link?

Hexagon wrote:

For example, drawing an explicit image and then turning a portion of that image into a dress. I might have to PM you for more info.

Yeah, you're probably going to be banned.

#20 2015-09-21 02:46:16, last edited by Xfrogman43 (2015-09-21 02:46:43)

Xfrogman43

JaWapa wrote:
Hexagon wrote:

Emails aren't censored? What?

Instead of
[email protected]

it would be:

exampletATexample.com
As according to his first post.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#21 2015-09-21 03:22:37

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I don't understand why that's an issue?  And why would he be banned for it?

What?

#22 2015-09-21 04:28:53

Xfrogman43

Maybe he wants to know if you'd be banned for asking for an email:

rules wrote:

Never share email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, or any other personal information of other people. This will result in a ban.

So if you SHARE an email you get banned, but not for asking one...? Why

If you say:
"[email protected]" = ban
would
"jawapaATexample.com" = ban?

I think that's what he's asking.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#23 2015-09-21 04:31:09

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

gray area.

#24 2015-09-21 12:27:54

Hexagon

What if I share your (JaWapa's) email address (which is personal information from another person) but it is also public information (i.e on the ee website?)

#25 2015-09-21 13:16:48

Master1

I think it's safe to say that if you at least make an attempt at using the report tool correctly, you won't get banned. We don't try to ensure that someone gets banned with every report.

Also - If you think there's a chance that you could get banned for whatever you're about to report, it's probably wise to not do it.
-
Maybe we need a list of things you should report, to go with the list of things you shouldn't report.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

mrjawapa1442962405543491

Board footer