Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Meh, I'm done.

I am an attention-seeking jerk and that's why I made this topic. ;D
No, it's really because the "Introductions and Departures" subforum has once again become the "Introductions" subforum and this is the best place to put a goodbye thread where I can rant about stuff.

I am done making levels. I am not up to the task to relearn and accustom myself to the new physics and mechanics of EE. I might return after a while, but for now I'm **** off with the fact that Chris has single-handedly destroyed every level with challenges and art--pretty much every level in the existence of EE. This makes my skills as a minimaker virtually useless. While the creativity may still remain, the motivation does not. Who's to say that the physics might not change in the future, once again destroying thousands of worlds? EE was fine as it was before this latest update.

I, and many other players, have been discouraged from playing this game, mainly because of Chris's lack of acknowledgement towards feedback. Chris does not play EE, and he does not check the forums, yet he is in charge of its development. I could closely relate this to the corrupt political system, but that's a whole 'nother story. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Being a Beta member and having the privilege of testing things before free members no longer seems like Beta testing, but rather as having a Premium package. When a new feature is released for Beta members, and a bug is found, the feature is released into the non-paying client without being fixed. This seems silly, considering Beta members are supposed to be testing and helping fix features before they become public. Beta is Premium; there is no "testing" involved in being a Beta member.

This is directly related to my next point, which is the monetization of EE. I have no problem with the gems feature, but the induction of gems-only items is a blatant attempt at extracting money from wealthy kids. The 2010 holiday "exclusive" packages are no longer exclusive to long-time players, but also to players that can afford them. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Chris inducted the Bird and Bunny Smiley into the energy shop for gems.

I don't want to sound like I haven't enjoyed EE; I have. But I don't want to play a game that's being developed by someone that won't listen to us. If RPG wasn't accepting feedback and dealing with the public, I probably would have quit a long time ago. Special thanks to RPG for doing his best to work with Chris and the public.
I leave you now with the level Tako and I were working on before the update. Now, the minis are unplayable, and the art looks meh.
http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PWvVvBqNPNa0I
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWvVvBqNPNa0I
Lots of hours went into this unfinished and broken level. The concept was that the map was split down the middle diagonally. I would do one side and Tako would do the other. I'll give you the code so you can fly around if you want to.

I'll probably stick around the forums, though, since I like you guys. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Also, I'll probably buy Minecraft soon. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#2 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Re: Meh, I'm done.

Supadorf24 wrote:

Chris's lack of acknowledgement towards feedback. Chris does not play EE, and he does not check the forums, yet he is in charge of its development.

And this is why RPGMaster2000 should be in charge of Everybody Edits

And good point about the Classic tab and how Beta is more like Premium. Those 2 statements are very true

aka towwl

#3 Before February 2015

treejoe4

I have nothing to say that hasnt been said, goodbye.

#4 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

yeah and its sad to see you are leaving, but good to see you are sticking around the forums

#5 Before February 2015

Nooby92

*kicks desk* Not you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad Well, I hope you live a good life, Soldier :3

#6 Before February 2015

xXExpress0Xx

So you are not coming back, even if Chris fixes all of that stuff?

#7 Before February 2015

supadorf24

xXExpress0Xx wrote:

So you are not coming back, even if Chris fixes all of that stuff?

If he does, yes, but the mods have almost 100% confirmed that EE will not return to it's old physics.

#8 Before February 2015

iYam

I agree with you, but I wish I could leave too (I'm addicted //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile )

Is it easy for smart guys to program in flash?
So I can make my own vision to a sandbox game come true..

Psst: Putting RPGMaster2000 in charge will be the smartest move right now, I'm serious. Chris maybe can program - but EE is just too big for him.

#9 Before February 2015

Bobithan

iYam wrote:

Psst: Putting RPGMaster2000 in charge will be the smartest move right now, I'm serious. Chris maybe can program - but EE is just too big for him.

YES! RPG would be much better since he actually listens to his fans instead of ignoring every complaint about the game

aka towwl

#10 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

UGH STUPID FRIKIN CHRIS!

>.>

cya D:

#11 Before February 2015

EENinja

Cya Supadorf.

I'm done as well, unless ofcourse everything goes back to normal...

#12 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

EENinja: Chris said the coloring WILL go back to normal (mostly) And RPG said we WILL get keys back..

And Chris also said that he is fixing lots of bugs in Physics.. there is hope //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#13 Before February 2015

EENinja

Ok I will remain hopefull that evrything will get fixed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

But if it dosen't im out.

#14 Before February 2015

Breadfinn

Ouch, Supadorf24, without you the forum is dead

5671.jpg

#15 Before February 2015

Sk8erboi108

Yep, the biggest update, the most terrible bugs.

#16 Before February 2015

xXExpress0Xx

Addi wrote:

Ouch, Supadorf24, without you the forum is dead

And the game as well. Can't live without the unfair levels.

supadorf24142387684684586

Board footer