Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-08-30 21:50:35

Falk

Re: [Petition] Remove "200 Lava Minigames" from featured

This world has nothing to do in the Featured tab and everyone can easily realize that by themselves, nothing to say about it.

Worlds with beautiful minimap art are not ALWAYS hard as f**k. There are plenty out there very easy and enjoyable ones that noobs can play. The toturials are the first ones, each toturial explains one thing, and let's be honest, WASD and space is not rocket science.
I say there are other worlds, easy and fitting for newbies but I also think the toturials are more than enough.

It happens to be featured because it probably was the first clicked world by MrShoe in the online tab while searching for 'easier' worlds.
It's not even one of the best '200 minigames' worlds.

Goshanoob wrote:

Agreed. Agreed.

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

#27 2015-08-30 22:14:51

Minimania
Moderation Team

We need tutorial worlds for the alternate physics for EE. Meaning, it should explain things like timing with curses and keys more, speed control, and ladder physics. Semi-medium stuff. Imagine an entire generation of Orangecrix, Macandcheese, Thwinkt, Kirby, Cyph1e, all the rest.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (2)

#28 2015-08-30 22:37:54

Kirby

minimania wrote:

We need tutorial worlds for the alternate physics for EE. Meaning, it should explain things like timing with curses and keys more, speed control, and ladder physics. Semi-medium stuff. Imagine an entire generation of Orangecrix, Macandcheese, Thwinkt, Kirby, Cyph1e, all the rest.

You don't realize how happy I am to make it onto that list

#29 2015-08-30 22:52:19, last edited by skullz17 (2015-08-30 22:53:53)

skullz17

Yes please. It was a poor choice to put it in the featured section in the first place.

However I disagree with comments saying that the featured tab should be removed.

1. The featured tab, in my opinion, allows levels and the owners of those levels to get publicity. It plays the reviewer's role in the "EE industry". Builders get the popularity they deserve, and players get the quality worlds they are looking for. Favourites do not get publicity in any way, unless a large amount of people use the favourite sort option in the lobby (edit: which doesn't even exist). Even then, the featured tab is much more effective at publicity.

2. Campaigns work well for publicity imo. But the problem is, campaigns take longer to make than featuring levels. This is because they contain several worlds which need to be found and put together. On the other hand, the featured tab can take single levels on their own. This is a much quicker process.

Furthermore, not all quality levels are fit to be part of a campaign. For example, you can't put BALs or bosses in a campaign, but you can in the featured tab (I believe it currently contains some BALs). And sometimes it's just difficult. If you find a good level, you don't want to go searching around for levels with similar themes just so you can put it in a campaign. That's why campaigns are not enough, and why the featured tab plays an important role (well it would be more useful if it was used more, I suppose the mentioned redesign will fix these issues).

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#30 2015-08-30 22:56:33

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

k, being removed.

Discord: jawp#5123

#31 2015-08-30 23:06:52

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer wrote:

Its not a unique or interesting or even particularly well-designed world.

Well this "not unique or interesting or even particularly well-designed world" has almost 300.000 plays!!

Do you know why its the "easiest, classic world minigames" you have ever seen?  Because its always on, and all the other virtually identical (and often better) maps are not, so you haven't seen them.

This world represent the most basic minigames ever, perfect for new players, what's wrong with that?! It hit the lottery, if it wasn't 200 Lava Minigames it would be some other random world with easy minigames.

Do you know why its always on?  Because its on the featured tab, so people fill it up whenever it appears, and people are familiar with it because they've seen it, so they open it up more often!  Its a self-reinforcing effect brought about entirely by the fact that its an easy map that just happens to be featured.

Umm, ok, do you know what else is feautured? More that 50 worlds listed here:  http://everybodyedits.wikia.com/wiki/Featured_Worlds. Why aren't they popular huh? What is stopping them for being always on top? By your logic: pretty minimap + hard minigames = popular. But it's not like that! Maybe hard levels with pretty maps is NOT what majority of people want.
Sure other featured worlds have nice maps, but maybe easy minigames and not so pretty maps are more wanted?

A lot of people on the forums are the old veterans who are in this community for years. You guys are sure well experienced, have very good art, minigame skills, but you guys are too celf-centered. Most of the players are after all children! Their opinions are the ones who we should listen. They don't have those super duper pro skills for playing ex crew pro levels. They can enjoy the most simpleest worlds of all, like the 200 lava minigames... and this is why that world has all the plays.

#32 2015-08-30 23:13:12

ILoveBaconYUM

RavaTroll wrote:

That's how tutorials were designed : actuall EE level playable by newcomers and hubs to find out how physics work and various EE features.
And I know what I'm talking about : that was how I designed them.

I agree with Minimania and Pingohits here.

You designed them very well, Rava! However, they were designed to be instructions, not tutorials. From the information you have given them they could enter an ex crew or nsfw world and not have a clue on what to do. You haven't thought them then consecutive jumps gain speed or that you can swerve around a bunch of sideways facing arrows to reach higher places yet these are mechanics that pop up incredibly frequently in minis that are considered good. You would want that new player to enter the ex crew or nsfw world and recognise what to do, even if the idea they get is only vague. They may not have the skill to complete that mini at that point, but they could recognise the challenge. In your tutorials you show to player the things they will encounter, but not how to deal with them and utilise them as you only show the players what they do. This is why that level by Star is good, or the station worlds. They are incredibly basic but teach the player the physics of the game.

I know Mario and EE are completely different games, but I recommend you watch this by Extra Credits. - http://m.youtube.com/?gl=GB&hl=en-GB#/w … H2wGpEZVgE
It talks about how Mario 1-1 teaches the players to play the game in a way that will help them get though the challenges later on. The tutorials here should be like that where the player learns the skills they will need.

#33 2015-08-30 23:23:20

Abelysk

Minigames should not be featured... They're all the same overused minis anyway -_-

The only decent original minis are difficult.

goodsmile wrote:

Well this "not unique or interesting or even particularly well-designed world" has almost 300.000 plays!!

It has this many plays because it's featured. I also think that Deltaz bumped the level almost everyday.

goodsmile wrote:

This world represent the most basic minigames ever, perfect for new players, what's wrong with that?! It hit the lottery, if it wasn't 200 Lava Minigames it would be some other random world with easy minigames.

OR you can not feature any minigame world, let alone any EE world. Featured worlds go like this: "IM THE ADMIN, AND I LIKE THIS WORLD, SO YOU SHOULD ALSO LIKE THIS WORLD!" This leads to pointless fame...

goodsmile wrote:

Umm, ok, do you know what else is feautured? More that 50 worlds listed here:  http://everybodyedits.wikia.com/wiki/Featured_Worlds. Why aren't they popular huh? What is stopping them for being always on top?

Minigames are really, really easy. Most EE players aren't experienced, and any world with "minigames" in it will be possible for any player.

goodsmile wrote:

Maybe hard levels with pretty maps is NOT what majority of people want.

Exactly! But that doesn't mean easy worlds need to be featured, let alone any world.

goodsmile wrote:

A lot of people on the forums are the old veterans who are in this community for years. You guys are sure well experienced, have very good art, minigame skills, but you guys are too celf-centered. Most of the players are after all children! Their opinions are the ones who we should listen. They don't have those super duper pro skills for playing ex crew pro levels. They can enjoy the most simpleest worlds of all, like the 200 lava minigames... and this is why that world has all the plays.

Every single day I SEE a minigame world in the lobby. And it's always different. Why can't players play that?

Next we have Cave Exploration by Iraka, and Jump Jump Jump by Iraka. These worlds are very easy, and have a tremendous amount of plays. If Iraka's worlds were featured then they would have received far more plays than 200 Lava Minigames.

How many 200 minigame worlds are there? A TON! It isn't fair for other players who spent all their dedication on their minigame worlds.

#34 2015-08-30 23:43:29

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

what i think is that there are many others good levels with good and easy minigames that even someone who started play 2 minutes ago can complete( like stagecrew worlds) , these kind of worlds should be on the featured, others too like worlds with art, music and mainly FUN even when i was noob, i didn't get fun playing 200 lava minigames, i just beat it one time, and it was fustrating for me because they are so slow even if i create my acount 10 minutes ago, boxed minigames worlds aren't fun, normal players like those who beat and repeat this level just play for testing his skills, not because it's fun ( yes, i asked some random guy about this )

Krosis.gif

Wooted by:

#35 2015-08-30 23:47:50, last edited by MIHB_casts_confuseplayer (2015-08-30 23:56:48)

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

goodsmile wrote:

Its not a unique or interesting or even particularly well-designed world.

Because its featured.  I already said that.

Yes, it did hit the lottery, and yes, if it was a different easy minigames world, that easy minigames world would also have a huge insane number of plays.  That isn't a reason to keep it on the featured list.  If you want an easy minigames level of that style on the list, you should say that, and the one on the list should be of standout quality.  200 Lava Minigames is not a standout quality world among easy maps.  As you said, it hit the lottery in the truest sense: it did and does nothing to *deserve* being featured.  Featured maps are not maps that are chosen randomly, they should be maps that are picked specifically because they are good maps that stand out from others.

Umm, ok, do you know what else is feautured? More that 50 worlds listed here:  http://everybodyedits.wikia.com/wiki/Featured_Worlds. Why aren't they popular huh? What is stopping them for being always on top? By your logic: pretty minimap + hard minigames = popular.

When did I say that?  I never said that.  In fact I believe easy maps to generally be more popular than hard maps.

Most if not all of the maps on that list have more, maybe many more plays than they would have if they were not on the list.  200 Lava Minigames is an easy map which makes it far more likely to get lots of plays if it shows up in the lobby.   Any easy map that shows up in the lobby is more likely to get lots of plays than a hard map.  Your mistake is in comparing different featured maps: they are not meant to be a list of easy maps.  They are supposed to be a list of maps that stand out.  If you replaced 200 Lava Minigames on that list with some other random easy map, that easy map would start collecting tons of plays instead.

Oh, and I have two of the maps on that list, one of them with over 25,000 plays and one with over 100,000 plays.  I have a pretty good idea as to what players like and want.

But it's not like that! Maybe hard levels with pretty maps is NOT what majority of people want.
Sure other featured worlds have nice maps, but maybe easy minigames and not so pretty maps are more wanted?

Easy minigames are good.  200 Lava Minigames is nothing special as far as looks or gameplay is concerned.  Its ordinary.  Thats the problem.  If an easy map with no art is going to be on the list, it should be a *good* easy map, not a random one that is exactly like dozens of others.

It has all the plays because it is featured.  If a different easy map were featured, it would get all the plays.  A quality easy map should be featured, not a random completely forgettable one.

Assuming of course, the featured tab is kept.  I think it should be revamped or removed entirely.

Wooted by: (4)

#36 2015-08-30 23:56:46

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

Itsmeandersonlol:

Ok, what are you trying to tell me? Are u against me or what?

In your post you mentioned a lot of that there shouldnt even be a featured tab and FYI I am all about that!! If u didnt see I only wooted the 2nd post of this thread, ( i am the fourth wooter ) the one Smitty wrote:

I think the feature tab is a waste of space and should be removed altogether

But I defend 200 lava minigames because I guess I am the only voice for people who enjoy that world!  By those people I mean the children who are too busy enjoying playing the worlds they like they dont have time to argue on the forums. Dont get me wrong, i do not enjoy that world im just giving my argument for why Im against this un reasoneble hate to that world.

-

Also, I'm happy you mentioned Iraka, Im a big fan of his work. His levels have nostalgic feeling to me. They are easy but somehow unique, i cant even explain. Players could look up to Irakas work.

#37 2015-08-30 23:57:57, last edited by Badoosh (2015-08-31 00:02:11)

Badoosh
EE Homeboy
Website

To those who are upset about this petition, at least it wasn't a petition to erase "200 Lava Minigames" from the game permanently.
I doubt there will be any effect on the level's popularity due to the nature of the like system and how it has been ingrained in the player's minds that it is a quality world. It was doomed to be the "best level on EE" since mrshoe decided he knew what was best for the game and featured it.

@goodsmile: I don't hate 200 Lava Minigames. I hate the ignorant decision by the intolerable mrshoe for putting a gold crown on a mediocre level. It's a good level for what it is. It just doesn't belong there. I really wish there were more better, easier levels in the featured sections for new players to get into as well. 200 Lava Minigames just doesn't cut it.

#38 2015-08-31 00:13:10

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

Wow you people are ignoring the most important thing i said in my comments.

Children love freking 200 lava minis, ( all easy minis in fact ) and not your pro pretty map levels. Thats the way it is.

#39 2015-08-31 00:15:37

capasha

goodsmile wrote:

Children love freking 200 lava minis, ( all easy minis in fact ) and not your pro pretty map levels. Thats the way it is.

I have played good looking easy worlds before. Much funnier than overrused minigames.

Wooted by:

#40 2015-08-31 00:17:29

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

goodsmile wrote:

So why do you have such a stick up your butt in favor of 200 Lava Minigames instead of, say, Jump Jump Jump?  There are plenty of easy worlds that deserve a spot on the featured list much more than Lava Minigames.

Wooted by: (3)

#41 2015-08-31 00:18:34

RavaTroll

ILoveBaconYUM wrote:

I know Mario and EE are completely different games, but I recommend you watch this by Extra Credits. - http://m.youtube.com/?gl=GB&hl=en-GB#/w … H2wGpEZVgE
It talks about how Mario 1-1 teaches the players to play the game in a way that will help them get though the challenges later on. The tutorials here should be like that where the player learns the skills they will need.

I had that in mind and showed it to Toop ( who designed the path of tut#1 ) when we made tut#1.
If I had to chose now, I would have removed texts from tutorial #1, because it'd have felt very nice not being guided, but we decided to go with text since the old tutorials had text.

But yeah, I get what you say. So we need some easy level showing basic ee tricks, should be an interesting project. Ima try finding some people to make some simple levels like that for new players.

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#42 2015-08-31 00:19:35, last edited by Abelysk (2015-08-31 00:19:58)

Abelysk

goodsmile wrote:

But I defend 200 lava minigames because I guess I am the only voice for people who enjoy that world!  By those people I mean the children who are too busy enjoying playing the worlds they like they dont have time to argue on the forums. Dont get me wrong, i do not enjoy that world im just giving my argument for why Im against this un reasoneble hate to that world.

It just is not fair to give 200 lava minigames the Featured medal. It isn't fair to all the other players that made 200 minigames just like this level. Whatter is one of the best mini makers I have seen, but his/her minis are not Featured //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#43 2015-08-31 00:20:00

Kirby

goodsmile wrote:

Are you saying that Children don't love Hildren's Farm? The difference between the two maps is one is all around good, and one probably took the maker 5 minutes to make after the boxes were made.

#44 2015-08-31 00:28:33, last edited by Napakeun (2015-08-31 00:55:33)

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

goodsmile wrote:

So why do you have such a stick up your butt in favor of 200 Lava Minigames instead of, say, Jump Jump Jump?  There are plenty of easy worlds that deserve a spot on the featured list much more than Lava Minigames.

Well if featured tab is gonna stay, maybe we should start adding easy worlds to featured instead of removing them!!
Statistics clearly shows they are way more popular and desired!

But nooo, this thread is about the hate of easy worlds and im the only one defending them.

Also, don't insult me. Thats not nice.Many people would start a fight but ill try to ignore it :|

#45 2015-08-31 00:39:12

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

Itsimeandersonlol:
Poor whatter //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad his world is only in campaigns //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Kirby:
Im sure both makers of the worlds took great time to make them and put dedication to finish them and also put their soul into that world. Some people areo gona build easy minis. Ok. Some people are gona build hard minis. Ok. The important thing is they enjoyd doing that and put effort into making them. We shouldnt judge for what they made. Its a sandbox, let people express themselves however they want..

I'm sorry for double post

Wooted by:

#46 2015-08-31 01:05:59

Calicara

goodsmile wrote:
goodsmile wrote:

Well if featured tab is gonna stay, maybe we should start adding easy worlds to featured instead of removing them!!

As many have posted before, worlds can still be easy while also being quality. There are no unique features to 200 lava minigames. Also, it seems you are ignoring the obvious logic of MIHB. 200 Lava Minigames has only gained its immense popularity due to it being featured. Box minis have existed way before Deltaz's mediocre box mini world, and there are many other similar worlds which I consider to be of greater quality than his (like the works of Whatter, Lop, Iraka, etc...)

The point is, people aren't shaming 200 Lava Minigames because of it's popularity or difficulty. The world itself is just poorly designed.

Also, it is of my opinion 200 Lava Minigames is not a good example to be feature regardless, because it sets a poor standard for map design (at least for those who are interested in making new and unique maps.) I think it's better to feature levels that are original and inspiring. I agree the tutorials don't do much in the way of introducing how to complete more complex challenges, but there are better ways of doing so other than using 200 Lava Minigames as an example.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#47 2015-08-31 01:07:37

Muftwin

goodsmile wrote:
goodsmile wrote:

But nooo, this thread is about the hate of easy worlds and im the only one defending them.

Also, don't insult me. Thats not nice.Many people would start a fight but ill try to ignore it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

this isnt even a response to the quoted post

hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

Wooted by:

#48 2015-08-31 01:29:59

Xfrogman43

ITS REMOVED, STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#49 2015-08-31 01:32:54, last edited by Calicara (2015-08-31 01:33:12)

Calicara

Xfrogman43 wrote:

ITS REMOVED, STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No it's not. Go on EE. There's like 30 players. I'm not going in there, but I'm sure it's a feces fest of noobs trying to defend 'Deltaz's creative level design.' //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#50 2015-08-31 01:39:59, last edited by Napakeun (2015-08-31 01:47:00)

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

Guys I can't seem to find reasoning with u but nvm.

If easy minigames cant be featured, then I hope featured tab gets removed soon too.

Edit: oh i thought world was removed because i saw xfrogmans post

Processor1441000153536850

Board footer