Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-25 23:13:10, last edited by AlphaJon (2015-08-25 23:36:16)

AlphaJon

EE 2.0 update: Free gems and gem codes loophole

As most of you know, since ee 2.0 you are able to get gems for free with campaign and with daily rewards, and you are also now able to generate your own gem codes to give to anyone else.

The issue with that, which can't happen yet because it is too early (and also because only beta can get the free gems currently), is one may make lots of accounts, then just login with them every day(can be done by a bot) for the reward (which currently gives 6gems every 28days), and once gem count reached 50, transfer all gems to the main account via the gem codes. Then the user can spend them freely, or even sell them [despite selling them being against the rules/terms and conditions, they will always find a way to do so].
I agree this is going to take a lot of time(almost 8 1/2 months without campaigns), but if people start farming the gems, most just won't be interested in buying gems anymore.

[This paragraph below may as well be in the game suggestion forum, but I'm not going to make the same topic twice for that]
To fix this, I suggest gem codes be made obtainable only via direct purchase: Instead of spending gems to get codes, spend actual money to get a code. It will have the same outcome as buying gems, and will prevent stacking free gems on an account using other ones.

Edit: 5000th game discussion topic //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#2 2015-08-26 00:58:11

Purge2202

Re: EE 2.0 update: Free gems and gem codes loophole

Aren't you only ale to transfer gems by buying a code for transferring initially?

I am new to the forums, i'll setup a sign later //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#3 2015-08-26 01:00:53

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

looks like in eight and a half months i'll be absolutely rolling in free gems then

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (4)

#4 2015-08-26 01:16:11

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

OMG! this totally blind-sided us!

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2015-08-26 01:20:01, last edited by hummerz5 (2015-08-26 01:21:06)

hummerz5

I got 7.777777777777 months, but yes.
Too bad this was ousted before it existed... seeing as how these rewards aren't working out. (I think)
IP address blocks wouldn't work on that, I imagine...
I really wonder how this will be fixed (besides the obvious: removal of free gems)

Jawapa ninja'd me
Though, you stated your opinion rather clearly, what with the presumed sarcasm and such.
However, we're still missing that whole explanation as to how you weren't "totally blindsided"

#6 2015-08-26 01:50:45

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

Though, you stated your opinion rather clearly, what with the presumed sarcasm and such.
However, we're still missing that whole explanation as to how you weren't "totally blindsided"

I have to be a smart-**** sometimes... makes it easier //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

We fully expected people to do something like this.  Why wouldn't you?  That's why you aren't awarded 30-50 gems for the FFS campaign alone.  I don't think there is an almighty plan that will completely eliminate this from happening.  However, we can deter people from doing it by making the process extremely long.  If you have the will power to make all of those alt accounts, play all the campaigns on all of them, and log on to each one of them each day to receive daily awards, for 7-8 months... then go ahead.  I pride you for your rock-hard determination.

Discord: jawp#5123

#7 2015-08-26 03:32:33

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

JaWapa wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

I have to be a smart-**** sometimes... makes it easier //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

We fully expected people to do something like this.  Why wouldn't you?  That's why you aren't awarded 30-50 gems for the FFS campaign alone.  I don't think there is an almighty plan that will completely eliminate this from happening.  However, we can deter people from doing it by making the process extremely long.  If you have the will power to make all of those alt accounts, play all the campaigns on all of them, and log on to each one of them each day to receive daily awards, for 7-8 months... then go ahead.  I pride you for your rock-hard determination.

What about bots?

gLjTZE1.png

#8 2015-08-26 04:02:27

Anch

ZeldaXD wrote:
JaWapa wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

What about bots?

Yeah bots would make it really easy to farm gems. Do you have to press a button to get your reward or something? I think that would make it more not-exploitable.

#9 2015-08-26 15:06:09

kubapolish
Banned
Website

anch159 wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:
JaWapa wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

What about bots?

Yeah bots would make it really easy to farm gems. Do you have to press a button to get your reward or something? I think that would make it more not-exploitable.

or before claiming gems make math test that will change every time

for example- yay i win first tutorial
yay math test
2+5=6667

yay i received 0 gems yay
i win 2nd tutorial
4*2=08

yay 0 gems YAY

------------
or make 'recaptcha' code

for example;

image wrote:

7h15 15 r3<4P7<h4

this is recaptcha

yay i win 0 gems

--
idk

#10 2015-08-26 15:06:48

Nou

Don't bother. We're aware of this and we're changing it to be cash/kreds/fbcoins only soon.

In case it wasn't clear, this was sarcastic:

JaWapa wrote:

OMG! this totally blind-sided us!

No u.

#11 2015-08-26 15:26:08

Processor

Nou wrote:

Don't bother. We're aware of this and we're changing it to be cash/kreds/fbcoins only soon.

This. Since a lot of people already had gems stored on their account, we decided to allow gem purchases of codes for the first month(s).

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#12 2015-08-26 17:31:44

shadowda

im beta. how exactly do you even get daily rewards. i get on ever day. but then a gain i dont log off. i just afk in the lobby. what do i do?

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#13 2015-08-26 19:10:33

Ben

They could probably make that feature available only for players with more than a certain amount of max energy.

#14 2015-08-26 20:14:20

lrussell
Website

Posting instructions for a loophole is essentially the same as screaming to the mods "fix this now"!

Wooted by: (2)

#15 2015-08-26 20:34:41

nlmdejonge

lrussell wrote:

Posting instructions for a loophole is essentially the same as screaming to the mods "fix this now"!

Which is a good thing. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#16 2015-08-26 20:48:37

lrussell
Website

nlmdejonge wrote:
lrussell wrote:

Which is a good thing. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

It's only a good thing after I get my million gems, thank you.

Wooted by: (3)
lrussell1440618517534872

Board footer