Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-18 23:10:50

OINX

Current smiley voting, autumn, effect: death after x seconds

There has been a problem with having too many smiley in this game.

FluxBB bbcode test

In the grey box you see smileys, which I personally would never use, because they either look boring or just bad. In the white box I put smileys which look similar in a way and only one would be sufficient, imo.

What do you think about listing all smileys with the possibility of voting on different categories for each one.
Votes like
- would never use
-- would use
- looks bad
-- looks good
- no one would use it
-- someone else might use it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For autumn decoration I suggest some leafs and rain drops, three different versions of each at least for the rain drops, because it would look weird, if they would all look the same.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The effect, which lets you die after x seconds should get some door that open or close, WHILE the timer to death is running. This would be equal to the zombie doors imo.

Then we had 4 kind of death doors:
two, that open and close after x deaths
two, that open and close when the death timer is running

about the design for the new doors. That is difficult, because they could practically just look like the current death doors...

(  ° ,(oo)° ) oink oink

#2 2015-08-18 23:15:27

Schlog

Re: Current smiley voting, autumn, effect: death after x seconds

OINX wrote:

The effect, which lets you die after x seconds should get some door that open or close, WHILE the timer to death is running. This would be equal to the zombie doors imo.

about the design for the new doors. That is difficult, because they could practically just look like the current death doors...

I don't think we need this. Curses work just as well.

#3 2015-08-18 23:22:03

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

pointless, you will never get curse and lose the curse without dying, so the dying impossibilite you from pass the door

Krosis.gif

#4 2015-08-18 23:30:44

Swarth100

Don't like a smiley? Don't buy it.

You bought a smiley you don't like? Don't use it.

You're using a smiley you don't like? Don't make a forum topic to complain!

#5 2015-08-19 00:29:20

Grilyon2

Similar not same, bad idea

#6 2015-08-19 00:42:01, last edited by OINX (2015-08-19 01:00:45)

OINX

Arkonagames wrote:

pointless, you will never get curse and lose the curse without dying, so the dying impossibilite you from pass the door

after you pass that new death door while your time is running there might be the invincible effect waiting for you, so I would need some other good arguments there.

Spinastar wrote:

I bought smileys that I don't want to see, but I see them. Also I'm doing it not only for me, but also for the problem of having too many smileys in this game and some really look to smilar to each other.

Grilyon2 wrote:

Similar not same, bad idea

I read somewhere else, where someone suggested smileys:

"There are too many smileys already. Realising new smileys rarely and individually is fine, but 6 smileys at once?! Please no"

So you say similar smileys are fine? If not, give me a reason to see your point and don't just
write "no gud".
I don't think that and some others do so too. Back then too many non individual smileys were made and few cared, because we had enough space left for new ones.
That does not change the fact, that is is still okay, just because it was in the past >> so this might need some changes afterwards, which is now in the present.

---------
I would sell some smileys, if I could and if they would not be dropped into the classic shop.
You could say the smiley thing is subjective, but these kind of new doors for the curse is quite an amazing idea, not because I wrote it.
It is the only way of being under pressure of time to pass through door or walk on them, without having to touch keys, or being slowed down by a zombie effect and it gives a feeling of being on the verge of death.
This gives some new possibilities for level creators.

Before saying just no, give me good arguments, because this is definitely not just an extra or nice to have thing...

---------

Nothing against the autumn suggestion? no yes or no? Must be easy just to pick on something you don't like. Cannot take these responses seriously then. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

(  ° ,(oo)° ) oink oink

#7 2015-08-19 01:26:00

hummerz5

OINX wrote:

Nothing against the autumn suggestion? no yes or no? Must be easy just to pick on something you don't like. Cannot take these responses seriously then. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Since you brought it up...

I'm confused about the smileys. Are you suggesting we get rid of them or categorize them? You can't just drop things that people have purchased. Well, you can, but you'll have some unhappy folk. For those interested, a quick illustration of random pointless info. Relevant: smiley use/disuse.
Oh, you want to sell back your smileys? Probably won't happen. If they decided to not return spent energy on items (50 towards the next Great), I doubt they'll go for full exchange.

Your Autumn suggestions provide a chance to spin your argument. Why bother adding more blocks to EE? You're just increasing the download time for the files, in return for similar-looking blocks? (I could continue on a rant that you would likely disagree with entirely, so just pretend I'm still complaining)

The thing I love about switches is that (used correctly) they can do pretty much any event-based gate/doors you need. For your death/alive system, "infect" users with switch ID 57 AND curse. When users die, check and force the switch into "uninfected" position. (So those who are just joining aren't misidentified as infected w/o death)

#8 2015-08-19 02:01:09

OINX

About the smiley thing, it shall first just be done to see, what people think overall about all the smileys.
If there happened to be unexpected results, like one smileys having no good votes at all, then that gives a basis to discuss further.

The autumn suggestion was made, since I expected to EE staff to implement new graphics anyway. It is meant like this: "There will be new stuff anyway, so why not go for the leafs and rain."
Not that I say, they have to out that idea into action. Just in the case if they do something.
Have there ever been a year when they skipped a season package? I don't know for sure.

For the switches you say " force the switch into...". How is this done? I can combine death timer and the violet switch, but the switch won't turn automatically when then die?
Unless there is a way to programm it, is this what you meant?
I don't see myself ever having time to understand the whole bot thing.
If this is not possible without programming, then the doors for the death timer is a valid suggestion.

I'm not sure, if I explained the idea with the doors right. So here I go again:
There are two new doors, both activate when the death timer is running, no matter how many times the player died already.
One door closes and one opens. If you touch in the cursed(not infected) state an invincible power up, the doors go back to their originally state.
I don't see any other way to combine items to work like this.

(  ° ,(oo)° ) oink oink

#9 2015-08-19 02:11:52

hummerz5

"the switch won't turn automatically when they die"
Well, no. BUT, you could have a quick check for all people who respawn... if the door is open, send them into the switch to close it. In both cases, send them into a portal to "spawn" wherever they were meant to go.
It's a bit of a stretch... but it saves you from creating a new system and subsequently buying it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#10 2015-08-19 02:27:41

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

OINX wrote:
Arkonagames wrote:

after you pass that new death door while your time is running there might be the invincible effect waiting for you, so I would need some other good arguments there.

You didn't even understand what did i said, you're without arguments, you can easly adjust the time of a cursed level without these new doors

Krosis.gif

#11 2015-08-19 05:41:18

Xfrogman43

You can use timed doors surrounding the curse block, then add 5 seconds to your curse timer (EX: 20 seconds then add 5 for timer change = 25)
Then do whatever.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#12 2015-08-19 07:11:50

Weirdoverse
Website

@OINX Not you'r choice to remove smileys in-game.

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

#13 2015-08-19 11:57:03

OINX

hummerz5 wrote:

"the switch won't turn automatically when they die"
Well, no. BUT, you could have a quick check for all people who respawn... if the door is open, send them into the switch to close it. In both cases, send them into a portal to "spawn" wherever they were meant to go.
It's a bit of a stretch... but it saves you from creating a new system and subsequently buying it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

That is one way, but I don't plan to use only specific spawn. They shall spawn random even after death.
This would only work for a one way level.

Arkonagames wrote:

You didn't even understand what did i said, you're without arguments, you can easly adjust the time of a cursed level without these new doors

It's not about the time setting itself, it's about what happens during the time.

Xfrogman43 wrote:

You can use timed doors surrounding the curse block, then add 5 seconds to your curse timer (EX: 20 seconds then add 5 for timer change = 25)
Then do whatever.

I don't know which timed doors you mean. There are these timed doors with a fixed time only.

----------------

It seems there is still no way to substitute these two doors.

(  ° ,(oo)° ) oink oink

#14 2015-08-19 12:00:48

Onjit
Website

I for one always use https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/b/be/081_headhunter ever since https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/e/ea/089_bruce abandoned me

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#15 2015-08-19 22:05:22, last edited by Xfrogman43 (2015-08-19 22:10:06)

Xfrogman43

OINX wrote:

I don't know which timed doors you mean. There are these timed doors with a fixed time only.

I'm talking about the only timed doors we have currently...
nZoG7id.png

This way you can have the curse/zombie be set at the correct time and then have minigames after it

Wooted by:

#16 2015-08-20 02:42:28, last edited by OINX (2015-08-20 02:47:40)

OINX

Xfrogman43 wrote:
OINX wrote:

I'm talking about the only timed doors we have currently...
http://i.imgur.com/nZoG7id.png

This way you can have the curse/zombie be set at the correct time and then have minigames after it

Thanks for the pic, but I think you got wrong what kind of blocks I really want.
First thing is, that I'm only talking about the curse not the zombie-effect. The curse, which lets you die after x seconds, without being a zombie. So there is no (curse/zombie) as the same thing, but two different things, the zombie or the curse.

Also I'm not planning to do minis, but world with multiply choice exploration map.
If I did minis, then I don't know why this construction in the pic would be any different from placing this thing just at the entrance of a certain mini.

The doors that I mean also work like the team doors, just that the "team" is the curse timer.
Actually you could do that kind of idea with everything.
For example could we say, that any kind of power up(speed, jump, immunity,etc...) gives you two doors, that closes or opens, when you posses that power up.

In the current state we have close/open doors for
- teams
- zombie duration

I'm not counting in the counter doors, which would be for
- gold coins
- blue coins
- death counter

And what I suggested was this (the one in big letters):
In the current state we have close/open doors for
- teams
- zombie duration
- curse duration

... as if the curse was a temporary team.

Then again I could generalize the suggestion and ask you to think about all kind of close/open doors, which are "temporarily or part of a team".

Then the list would be the following, where the big ones are the ones we do not have.
Doors, that are opened or closed for:
- teams
- zombie duration
- curse duration
- speed power up
- jump higher power up
- immunity power up
- levitation

Basically there is that possibility of adding two doors for each power up, as if it was a team, just like zombie or the actual team blocks. So which of them make sense to you?
As for me I would welcome them all.

I know you could restrict an area for levitation, if you enable the effect at the restricted entrance, but what if you want the player not to lose the effect and still not let him/her in?

(  ° ,(oo)° ) oink oink

Wooted by:

#17 2015-08-20 11:27:23

skullz17

I'm too lazy to read the whole topic, but I don't think this is a fair point:

Spinastar wrote:

The problem is that there are so many smilies, it's actually hard to search for one specific smiley, and the point is that he thinks some are not needed. But I think that the solution is not to remove smilies, but instead add a way to choose your favourite smilies and only have to pick from your favourites. Like some sort of extra tab or something. Not sure how that would work with the current system of smiley selection, but I think it's better than removing.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#18 2015-08-20 22:45:35

Xfrogman43

OINX wrote:

So there is no (curse/zombie) as the same thing

The account didn't have curse so I was saying you could do the exact same thing except with curse (/ meaning or zombie OR curse)

Xfrogman431440107135532582

Board footer