Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-17 14:58:48

OINX

a few questions

As far as I undertstood the curse and zombie limit sets the maximum amount of people, who can be cursed. The number is set at 0 by default in my world, which means no one shall be cursed or infected as a zombie, but when I touch a curse or a zombie symbol/item , then I get cursed or infected.
Does 0 equal infinity here or where is my missunderstanding?

Let's say i set both of these numbers as 5 and there are already 5 zombies, one of them is touching a normal guy but he does not get infected. Would it not look to other players, like he was cheating, because he cannot be infected since the limit is 5 ? People often react instantly like that and accuse people of cheating or being a hacker.

People calling other people hacker or cheater, because they are blind, have laggs or
are "not smart enough" to get, that someone is not actually touching a block/hazard/teleport when just his outline is barely touching it.
My question considerung that is now, do people need to be afraid of these noobs (yes, I mean it), because the mods are not always able to see if someone really cheated or can we rely on the fact, that mods will only strike the ban hammer, if there is really some evidence?
Cause nowadays people are like this:
They see something fishy and instead of thinking "I should be sure I'm not wrong before calling him a cheater" they go like "I saw that you passed/touched that block. "Name" is a hacker. Ban him... etc.."
What shall be done with these people? report THEM? ignore them?(they might think you don't care cuz you're a "hacker" in their point of view and even feel confirmed).

That last point is pretty important, since that can decide, if you lose years of progress and invested money or not due to really stupid people.
So are mods or admins certain, they never punish honest people.
Also it is highly possible that the noobs friends sign up some extra reports. I read that in some cases this had been enough of a reason for some unfounded bans.

(  ° ,(oo)° ) oink oink

#2 2015-08-17 21:05:50

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Re: a few questions

0, and any number from 75 to 99 act the exact same.

Do people even report people for being hackers? I know that whenever I overlap a zombie when the cap is active, I actually then notice there's a cap.

I wouldn't even report those people as hackers. If a noob does, it's (clearly) not enough evidence unless there's an invisible wall or something to make sure you can't make the jump, so you wouldn't be banned (/mute ftw)

suddenly random sig change

Slabdrill1439841950531376

Board footer