Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

ZMAN360

Wormholes

I was playing a level yesterday and this level had things called wormholes. A wormhole is, as I discovered, a portal that can send you to two different portals depending on the way you enter it. I tried recreating this in multiple ways but I cannot do it. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how they did that.

#2 Before February 2015

xXExpress0Xx

Re: Wormholes

What the hell? How is that even possible? I thought it randomly chooses which portal to send you to when two or more portals are linked to one.

#3 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

xXExpress0Xx wrote:

What the hell? How is that even possible? I thought it randomly chooses which portal to send you to when two or more portals are linked to one.

I haven't been able to play around with the portals ever since the update, so what I'm about to say may be nonexistent.

When go into a portal (1:2) and you have two different destinations (2:3 | 2:4), it will always bring you to the exact same portal, not randomly.

This would make "wormholes" impossible.

HOWEVER.

The map owner might be playing a trick on you. There may be a different room the takes the angle of your entrance into consideration, but the identification of your direction is so quick you can't see it. Like so.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#4 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Ugh, Tako beat me to the example, but his is exploitable. Here's mine.

http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PWTY3tzmrja0I
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWTY3tzmrja0I

If this isn't what you're talking about, then you're going to have to link us to the world where you saw this "wormhole".

#5 Before February 2015

Jasonma

tako could easily fix his by making the entrance from the front blocked. lol. but supadorf's is faster. anyways, i bet the room owner in the "wormhole" room put the other portals on the other side of the map cause your screen cant get there that fast and bam you're already at destination.

#6 Before February 2015

Processor

If two portals have the same ID you will go reandomly in one of them, but the result wornt change untill you go out and reeneter.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#7 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

It was just an example of how it would be done, it's not perfect.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#8 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Pretty sure you do this 1:2, and 2:0 and 2:0. As many of the 2:0s ans you want.

ZMAN360 142387887282560

Board footer