Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Calicara

What have we become

You know I remember when I first played everybody Edits. Non-betas didn't get to make accounts. Betas only had 1 world. There we're few players, but they were all nice. A now, what have we become. In the old everybody edits the top priority was making good, fun levels.

Now all it seems to be about is hacking and updates. Who can find the best hack, who can get the new update first. I for one am not proud of what we have become. When I first joined the forums EE was at it's height. Non-betas were beginning to have their own worlds and make accounts. And since there was little to no updates people worked with what they had. Think of all the great levels, crew and solo maps, that have been released over time. And then take a look at today.

There are still good maps out there, but the rate of production has slowly slowed down? Why? Is it because we are getting older? Is it maybe because we have lives outside of a computer screen? I'm sure both are good reasons. But nowadays all I hear about are people complaining.

Chris tries to make new updates but it's never good enough. There are never any good levels at the top of the level list so the trolls are becoming vast and numerous. People can't wait to get their new update toys so they have to stalk Benjaminsen and hack the new graphics to ruin the surprise. You know seriously if you don't like playing EE please don't troll it. Do something else with your life. Please don't whine about how there are no good levels anymore. If you want a good level, make a good level. There are lots of new talented users who could be making awesome levels, but instead waste their talents by trolling other levels. And lastly please stop posting about new updates.

You know I like updates as much as the next person, but I'm not so obsessive that I want to hack and see them all. I like to be surprised. I like to wait and see what's coming next. There is a reason that the graphics are a secret. Of course the new updates are cool, but I would rather wait to see what Chris has in store. But apparently I can't even do that anymore. This rant is not me whining about the game, but what we have become as users. Why can't we just all work together to make a better EE? Why do we have to be separated by mere words. Noobs, trolls, hackers. Who cares. Can't we just all get along and play the game as it should be?

Last edited by Calicara (Aug 8 2011 6:02:48 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

DK Levels

Re: What have we become

I SUPPORT THIS! <3
So sadly true //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#3 Before February 2015

Yankeestar180

Whoah, Deep feelings there hippie. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue Sorry, this really is serious. :/:/:/:/:lol: i couldnt help myself. But i agree. Freakin hackers are making people quit and trolls just ruin us. We should All go back to old school. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink (Someone posts about new update in new topic) Ya know what!! c mon people. Lets be surprised and not be looking for a game to get better. Isnt this game good enough. yes. But for some of you good enough is just bad. Cant you guys take what we have??

Last edited by Yankeestar180 (Aug 8 2011 5:59:13 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

Jak

i agree 100%

#5 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Remember this:
Back when we were all noobs, easy minigames and stairs were actually fun to us. I remember when I would just play those nooby levels. Maybe now that we are more pro than noob, it seems like good levels are decreasing because we don't like the stairs or minis any more.
Everything else is pretty much true.

Last edited by Bobithan (Aug 8 2011 6:02:41 pm)

aka towwl

#6 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

I agree 100% now who thinks we should all team up and make an really awesome world?

#7 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Ill never stop trolling noobs, but it is a shame how many good levels have gone down. But do you know why good levels have slowed down.... Its because of the amount of new ee users who cannont play the good levels because they are either to hard or they pefer a boss level.

And for the love of god failgirl stop whining about trolls, they are only trying to bring some good to ee, focus hate onto the bad trolls off ee who attack good levels.

EE was good without updates but the new updates could be used really well, instead they are not. They are abused by noobs who do not use them as they should do so the ee is held back. And if you dont want to know about a new update dont click on the topic.

Half our problems would be solved if we were just given a tab to ourselves, possibly only ee users like us can come in....

Last edited by treejoe4 (Aug 8 2011 6:11:22 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

Well failgirl, it's quite complex...
Over time from when something is born, it begins to grow... Slowly but surely it will get bigger, there will be more to be there, and events and time can both change history itself, maybe not what has already happened, but what will happen, even though most of us cannot control this change, we CAN control what point we will turn things around, even though it will take a many to revert the damage done to E.E., there are just not enough of us to stop anything, we may as well just give up and submit to what torture they will inflict upon us, at least then we can rest.
And also to note: Way to go, blame the community, the ACTUAL part of the community cares, it's just the other 5 million kiddies playing this game that are the problem, but is also what chris wants; more players, so we're stuck on this one.

#9 Before February 2015

rob1nfly

I fully support this. In some ways im acctually tired of updates.

#10 Before February 2015

Calicara

The First Gamer wrote:

Over time from when something is born, it begins to grow... Slowly but surely it will get bigger, there will be more to be there, and events and time can both change history itself, maybe not what has already happened, but what will happen, even though most of us cannot control this change, we CAN control what point we will turn things around, even though it will take a many to revert the damage done to E.E., there are just not enough of us to stop anything, we may as well just give up and submit to what torture they will inflict upon us, at least then we can rest.
And also to note: Way to go, blame the community, the ACTUAL part of the community cares, it's just the other 5 million kiddies playing this game that are the problem, but is also what chris wants; more players, so we're stuck on this one.

I understand where you are coming from. I must agree that this post is not for everyone. Because some people understand the situation all the same. I am just speaking out on my thoughts and feelings. And no I'm not perfect either, but I will still play EE no matter what happens. I will not submit defeat. Not yet. I only make this post to help EE. If it does not apply to you then you do not have to read it, but I am only pointing out my thoughts and reasoning. See the way I see it is if WE the forumers can work together toward a common goal then perhaps EE will not be such a bad place as most people say. Small we are, but together we are mighty. Instead of complaining about how we are we should be enforcing how we should be.

Two quotes by Mahatma Gahndi:

We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

and
(for the trolls and whoever else complains)

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

#11 Before February 2015

Yankeestar180

Perfecto ^^^^ Award Winning speech!   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Last edited by Yankeestar180 (Aug 8 2011 6:32:40 pm)

#12 Before February 2015

treejoe4

I reject your reality and substitute my own, you want a better ee but hate trolls, we help ee but in a more forcefull manner. If we continue to bring down noobs and we increase our good level making we can help ee. But remember this, even if there are good levels back into the top levels, the noob levels are still there!
T1:1 will conqour
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8qcccZy03s[/youtube]

Last edited by treejoe4 (Aug 8 2011 6:39:38 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Yankeestar180 wrote:

Freakin hackers are making people quit

Excuse me? I haven't done any harm to anyone. Having hax0rs in a game is going to happen either way, deal with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As with the game you're making it sound like it's died already. There's still worlds that have 30+ players in it, all combined EE rooms should have a population of thousands. That isn't dead.

Sorry, but the "revealing IS BAD BAD BAD BAD" thing you got going on there, guess what? The blocks that were shown probably won't even see the light of day within the energy shop.

The updates are trying to make EE look nicer. When I thought of backgrounds I thought of an import background picture option, you know.. that would be really be cool! If EE's new lobby theme and stuff went back to the original(not the one with the smiley-boxes-things) then it would look nicer in my opinion. All in all, some updates were good, the newest ones turned out to be absolutely horrid...

That being said... GET BACK ON COURSE! MAKE GOOD UPDATES! REVERT THE LOBBY THEME TO SOMETHING ORIGINAL, etc...

signature.png
*u stinky*

#14 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

Failgirl101 wrote:
The First Gamer wrote:

I understand where you are coming from. I must agree that this post is not for everyone. Because some people understand the situation all the same. I am just speaking out on my thoughts and feelings. And no I'm not perfect either, but I will still play EE no matter what happens. I will not submit defeat. Not yet. I only make this post to help EE. If it does not apply to you then you do not have to read it, but I am only pointing out my thoughts and reasoning. See the way I see it is if WE the forumers can work together toward a common goal then perhaps EE will not be such a bad place as most people say. Small we are, but together we are mighty. Instead of complaining about how we are we should be enforcing how we should be.

Two quotes by Mahatma Gahndi:

We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

and
(for the trolls and whoever else complains)

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

The thing is, i'm neutral on the whole thing, unlike you, but still, that doesn't mean we don't have our own views on the world...
But i'm still serious, a handful of people alone cannot change a game that a million play, there are just not enough of us to make a difference, the most logical answer is to suck it up and deal with it, chris has his reasons, and that is enough for me '_'

#15 Before February 2015

Calicara

treejoe4 wrote:

I reject your reality and substitute my own, you want a better ee but hate trolls, we help ee but in a more forcefull manner. If we continue to bring down noobs and we increase our good level making we can help ee. But remember this, even if there are good levels back into the top levels, the noob levels are still there!
T1:1 will conqour

Treejoe I understand your feelings. I too used to feel the same way. But I have changed. I don't feel like I need to destroy levels to be happy. I feel as if by trolling you are only causing more hatred. This topic is not about only trolls so I will try to keep this brief. But basically by trolling you are destroying someones hard work. You are ruining your reputation. You are wasting your time. You may say stairs are noob, but you can't just assume that everyone thinks that way. If you truly want to help EE make better levels. Or guest bomb the ones you have. Be the better person. A troll only exist to destroy. But a true EE hero builds.
EDIT: Also Atilla when I say hackers I am referring to people like Supermen2, not you. Because I know that even though you hack your not stupid about it. You actually seem quite intelligent.

Last edited by Calicara (Aug 8 2011 6:50:07 pm)

#16 Before February 2015

treejoe4

WHY NOT BOTH, i dont have any real levels, i am working on one atm which i will guestbomb. If they hate me they can deal with it, i dont care if a noob thinks i am the ultimate destroyer of levels. It makes me sad when i troll and people dont see the levels that are popular are not noob levels and that they are the best levels in ee. The noobs have no concept of a talented level, good ee members need to charge ee with good levels and trolling.

#17 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

As an advocate for EpicStoneMason, I'd like to say that he and I agree with all of this.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#18 Before February 2015

Calicara

treejoe4 wrote:

WHY NOT BOTH, i dont have any real levels, i am working on one atm which i will guestbomb. If they hate me they can deal with it, i dont care if a noob thinks i am the ultimate destroyer of levels. It makes me sad when i troll and people dont see the levels that are popular are not noob levels and that they are the best levels in ee. The noobs have no concept of a talented level, good ee members need to charge ee with good levels and trolling.

This is not the treejoe I used to know. Your vision has been blinded by hatred. You see, of course I do not like stairs and box minis, most people don't. But you can't assume that just because the level looks "Nooby" that it's a bad level. Everybody Edits had hundreds of users how could you possibly expect them to all be good at something? Maybe stairs to you are a waste of time, but to others it is their greatest accomplishment. I can understand why you do not like them but that does not give you the right to troll them. You say it will help them, but it does not. The reality is it will only make them worse. If you want to get rid of "Nooby" levels than instead of trolling help the level owners to make better levels. If they do want want help then accept their wishes. No one forces you to play stairs. And if you want better levels, make better levels. Because I know deep inside there is still good left in you. I know the artist I first met is still there somewhere. Don't let trolling get to you. be the bigger person Treejoe.

#19 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

Failgirl101 wrote:
treejoe4 wrote:

This is not the treejoe I used to know. Your vision has been blinded by hatred. You see, of course I do not like stairs and box minis, most people don't. But you can't assume that just because the level looks "Nooby" that it's a bad level. Everybody Edits had hundreds of users how could you possibly expect them to all be good at something? Maybe stairs to you are a waste of time, but to others it is their greatest accomplishment. I can understand why you do not like them but that does not give you the right to troll them. You say it will help them, but it does not. The reality is it will only make them worse. If you want to get rid of "Nooby" levels than instead of trolling help the level owners to make better levels. If they do want want help then accept their wishes. No one forces you to play stairs. And if you want better levels, make better levels. Because I know deep inside there is still good left in you. I know the artist I first met is still there somewhere. Don't let trolling get to you. be the bigger person Treejoe.

That's what i've been saying about trolling for a entire year, it's just worded differently.
Apart from that, it is true, aye, anger can blind even the wisest.

#20 Before February 2015

Slawthe

Before I begin saying anything, I would like to say for treejoe4 "remember, remember, the fifth of november" and Adam Savage is a wise man.

Now on topic, as with everything in the world, things must develop and progress, whether people or games. As for the ppl first, the ppl that we now consider "noobs" used to be all of us. I remember having fun in stairs (the original ones that went diagonally all throughout the level) and thinking blue coins were cool cuz they were a donation item back when not that many ppl played. As EE became more popular, more artistic and creative ppl appeared and developed "crews" who developed amazing collaborations of work to produce fantastic worlds.   So there was a transformation from "noob" to "pro" in the game, and even now we must allow the current noobs to play their so called noob levels and eventually play pro levels. As with the game, it too has developed to allow pro levels to become even more pro. It has occasionally upset ppl but in the end allow them to do new things never previously available.   As with the real world, there is no black and white, just different shades of gray.   Pro worlds can easily make it to the top with the number of pro players that are on the forums, as long as they search for it. And even though there seems to be many complainers, there are also many silent, non forum users that enjoy what comes to EE and adapt to it.

Ok so I may have begun to ramble but what I'm trying to say is even though it seems like EE is being overrun by hackers and noobs and complainers, there are enough ppl that are the opposite that it is not just a few fighting for a noble cause of making EE better, but rather a mostly even balance of good and bad players that will eventually even out more towards the pros in the near future.

edit: wow I took so long to write this, quite a bit of ppl wrote inbetween where I meant this to be

Last edited by Slawthe (Aug 8 2011 7:32:12 pm)

#21 Before February 2015

Squalled

Agreed.

#22 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Failgirl, you've completely changed my views on trolling. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#23 Before February 2015

DryKirby

Crash ALL the staircase levels and crash nooby minigames. Some minigames (non-box) are awesome.

Bosses I find ok, nooby ones don't pop up that often.

if a girl does not have yuri then she is lost

but that same girl can be lost in the yuri

#24 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

Think of trolling this way: If we get rid of enough Noob levels (Stairs, Hook challenges ETC...) Then the "Noobs" will see other levels then just Stairs. Which will make them make levels like that and Will actually make better levels.

Most of us trolls want to start sort of a Chain Reaction causing EE to actually have better maps.

#25 Before February 2015

Pike270

This sort of Chain Reaction would take lots of effort. This is what you would have to do:

1. If you want to get a message out you will have to do it during the most active time of day.

2. You will have to continually crash EVERY noob level. Including those people who are working on an unfinished levels.

3. You will have to probably assign each noob level to one level crasher. Also you will need some extra to crash any staircase level that appears. Otherwise after you crash one level, another one will just take its place.

4. You will have two choices. Either hold out until the "PRO" levels fill up or get some people to guestbomb those "PRO" levels.

5. You will need to make sure to have a wide variety of "PRO" levels ranging from easy to insane difficulty. Otherwise some users might get bored from ease or ragequit from difficulty.

6. You will need a coordinator to tell which trolls to crash which levels and to select the "PRO" levels to be used.

7. This will have to go on until even the dumbest EE noobs realize the error in their ways.

NOTE: If you fail to do the above, you might be able to get a few "PRO" levels on the lobby but there will probably still be a majority of "noob" levels which EE player will migrate to.

NOTE2: You would have to do this regularly since users would most likely forget and new users would have to be properly disciplined.

NOTE3: Remember that the results may vary and that there is a chance of sucess of revolutionizing EE without these radical actions.

The alternative would be a combination of guestbombing "PRO" levels, using tinychat or in game chat to encourage/teach people how to make "PRO" levels, and inviting people to the forums (also make sure they read the "rules"). After all, you may be able to show the noobs what "PRO" is, but it often takes a mentor to teach them how to get there.

Also a message in the lobby encouraging creative levels would be helpful.

Final remarks:

I think the message of this thread is to stop complaining about the lobby being filled with noob levels and to stop trolling those levels.

Instead of using the lobby, use the "Rooms" thread. If you find a talented user, tell them to come to the forum for help on how to get better. Be welcoming to them. After all, the more "PRO" level makers there are, the more "PRO" levels there will be.

But most of all:

Instead of trolling, enjoy EE for what it is, Play, Build, and Have Fun!

Last edited by Pike270 (Aug 8 2011 10:09:29 pm)

Calicara 142387940782025

Board footer