Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-03 06:34:04, last edited by logothetis (2015-07-03 06:36:10)

logothetis
Website

smiley doors/gates

These doors can open or close if you wear that smileys.An Extra setting is wear on/off if you set it on the Player to open or close a door/gate must wear that smiley,on off to open and close the door/gate he must have the smiley no wear it

everybody_edits_sword_fight_by_echokai-d5qr01m.gif
Credits To Echo

#2 2015-07-03 06:51:57, last edited by Krosis (2015-07-03 07:15:09)

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

Re: smiley doors/gates

Nice idea, but this suggestion is probrably already suggested

Krosis.gif

#3 2015-07-03 07:05:08

logothetis
Website

Arkonagames wrote:

Nice idea, but this suggestion is probrably already made

I don't think

everybody_edits_sword_fight_by_echokai-d5qr01m.gif
Credits To Echo

#4 2015-07-03 07:14:54

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

logothetis wrote:
Arkonagames wrote:

Nice idea, but this suggestion is probrably already made

I don't think

Already suggested* sorry, my error

Krosis.gif

#5 2015-07-03 11:57:21

rgl32

There is very little point in that suggestion, and yes, it has been suggested before. There should be no reason to need smiley doors because all it would do is decrease the people coming into the level. The only way I can see it serve any purpose is if you have a very specific game going on that involves smileys (cops vs robbers,etc.), but even then, if you only let those people play, fewer people would come into the level, making the door/gate useless.

Another good reason to not add them, especially with the idea of only having the smiley to open the door.

Era from the other thread wrote:

Don't like it , having a x only hangout is kinda discrimintation against newer ppl who havent bothered to buy the specific smiley or havent been on ee when that smiley was available.

Wooted by:

Era

#6 2015-07-03 12:04:19

Kangxp

rgl32 wrote:

There is very little point in that suggestion, and yes, it has been suggested before. There should be no reason to need smiley doors because all it would do is decrease the people coming into the level. The only way I can see it serve any purpose is if you have a very specific game going on that involves smileys (cops vs robbers,etc.), but even then, if you only let those people play, fewer people would come into the level, making the door/gate useless.

Another good reason to not add them, especially with the idea of only having the smiley to open the door.

Don't like it , having a x only hangout is kinda discrimintation against newer ppl who havent bothered to buy the specific smiley or havent been on ee when that smiley was available.

Limit the smiley doors so that owner can only choose the basic default smileys that everyone, including a guest, has. That way one can easily change their smiley to match and enter, regardless of how old the account is or if it is a guest.

derp
go watch mlp
everyone will be proud of u
just search "mlp sweep"

#7 2015-07-03 12:12:09

rgl32

Kangxp wrote:

Limit the smiley doors so that owner can only choose the basic default smileys that everyone, including a guest, has. That way one can easily change their smiley to match and enter, regardless of how old the account is or if it is a guest.

But that would be absolutely useless then. There's no point for the suggestion if every single person could use it.

Plus, what happens if they just change their smiley after entering the door? This would still take moderating from the world owner so people can't do that, and if you are allowed to change after the door, then why bother placing the door in the first place?

Wooted by:

Era

#8 2015-07-03 14:05:24

cooldude76
Website

rgl32 wrote:
Kangxp wrote:

But that would be absolutely useless then. There's no point for the suggestion if every single person could use it.

Plus, what happens if they just change their smiley after entering the door? This would still take moderating from the world owner so people can't do that, and if you are allowed to change after the door, then why bother placing the door in the first place?

It's for people who HAVE the smiley, not who wear it all the time.

hello there! please ignore my old signature, it didn't exist

#9 2015-07-03 14:25:48

Kirby

What use does this have? If you are just playing a level with them, it would just be a nuisance, having to change your smiley at every door you come across. (also, this idea has been around since coin doors)

#10 2015-07-03 14:35:20, last edited by rgl32 (2015-07-03 14:37:22)

rgl32

@cooldude76 Well then making it guest friendly would make no sense whatsoever. What about the people who find smileys useless also? I don't have many smileys and don't mind it, because smileys are just aesthetic  and not crucial to playing the game. If doors were added, those who think the same way would be at a major disadvantage because it costs quite a bit of energy to get smileys, and be unable to play levels because of it.

And I will quote this again because it is important to what you just said.

people should try to get people to play the game, not make players frustrated because they didn't have time/dont think its important enough to get certain smileys.

Wooted by: (2)
rgl321435930520518445

Board footer