Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-02 22:32:37

some woman

What happened to bArena and Battle Blocks?

Battle Blocks was an old bot by RDash where you had to paint the background of a small area with your own color and win by dominating the board with it. There were also powerups/powerdowns that had different effects, such as teleportation, dropping bombs of your color, reversing everyone's controls, and being unable to place color. It mysteriously died out 2 years ago and hasn't been heard of since.

bArena was a more recent bot with huge grids where you had to press Space to shoot bullets and kill the other players. The goal was either to simply kill everyone else, capture the opposing team's flag, or destroy their "core" indicated by 5 Jungle Ruins blocks. There are also apparently a Hide & Seek and Boss Battle mode, but I'v never seen them being played before. There was also an official forum, but now it just redirects to error404.000webhost.com/?.

I feel kind of stupid explaining them because mostly everyone knows, but chances are some people don't.

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2015-07-02 22:35:29

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Re: What happened to bArena and Battle Blocks?

RDash went to college and got preoccupied, and I think he also got a new computer and lost the Battle Blocks file.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#3 2015-07-02 22:37:13

Creature

Oh, I miss these, captain9 was been working on some other bots, but eventually hasn't came back.

This is a false statement.

#4 2015-07-07 05:36:58

rdash

Ah, I think that I might be able to shed some light on this!

It is true that I have been off to college and pretty much quit playing / developing for EE for a brief time. Although I am playing once again, I have moved on to different projects to work on and develop that are outside of the scope of EE. Never fear, however. Battle Blocks is safe and sound on my computer a few thousand miles away. In approximately three weeks when I get back, I fully intend on powering it up and letting people play it once more. I have to warn you in that it has not been worked on since I last had it on, so it still has the same-old bugs and may not even be compatible with EE any longer.

Here are some possibilities that I am considering for the future:

* I may attempt to fix the [major] bugs.
* I may reprogram it. (It was one of my first projects, so the code is honestly pretty bad.)
* I may host it somewhere; this means that it could be on 24/7. This one is dependent on fixing the bugs and purchasing server space.
* I may open source it. I think that it would be a great opportunity to help people who are interested in programming learn if I release the code to the public and it may even drive cool new features for BB or even entirely new bot-based games. I am definitely thinking about putting it up on github where anyone can download, run, and contribute to the codebase considering I may not have the time to put much work into it myself. I am still thinking this one over as I would definitely like to clean up the code a bit and perhaps add more documentation before I would put it online.

Everything in this list is absolutely not set in stone and I am definitely not committing to anything aside from running it again in a few weeks. I apologize for how sudden my disappearance was and do look forward to turning it on (and working on it?) once again. If you see me in-game, feel free to say "hi" or give any comments / questions that you may have as a result of this post.

rdash

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2015-07-07 05:52:03

TPA

I haven't heard of Battle blocks but just by the description it seems cool but i have heard of Barena Bot

p1z9We2.png

Wooted by:

#6 2015-07-07 09:18:34

Raven
Formerly Diana2003

I remember that bot... I was very fun playing that world... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Wooted by:

#7 2015-07-07 14:21:13

Anch

I forgot the name but there was another bot that was popular that died. I think it had 'worm' in it. Like there was a maze and someone controlling portals to try to knock players out.

#8 2015-07-07 14:47:41

Priddle

anch159 wrote:

I forgot the name but there was another bot that was popular that died. I think it had 'worm' in it. Like there was a maze and someone controlling portals to try to knock players out.

Yo!Scroll? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by:

#9 2015-07-07 15:49:04

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

anch159 wrote:

Floddyfosh's Temple Wurm

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by: (3)

#10 2015-07-08 08:17:48

Br0k3n

Damn nostalgia, the good ol' 2013..
I was just thinking about this a few days ago, i really miss these worlds :l

?type=online&name=br0k3n ?type=lastlogin&name=br0k3n ?type=loginstreak&name=br0k3n

76561198080960604.png

Br0k3n1436339868519827

Board footer