Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-25 13:28:42

rgl32

Timer block

So it's a block that acts as a timer in game. I was thinking 3/4 blocks that go with it.

A block to start/stop the timer, might have to make these 2 seperate blocks due to if someone backtracks on a timer block, it would stop it which would prevent them from having a timer on.
A block to open when a certain time is reached, this could help if you need someone to stay in an area to survive for an added challenge.
A block that closes after the time is reached, self explanatory really.

So what ways could people use these:

1: Themed levels, yes you could use keys, but they have a defined time and they get affected globally so it's difficult to do with multiple people without blocking out the level.
2: About a block to open after certain time, you could use keys yes, that would force people to wait for the people already in the area, plus you could use a much larger space if you could define the time without a 5/6 second limit.
3: Actual speed-run timer without outside the game tools, which means no cheating if it's a regular timer and those who don't use software for videos that can participate without having to get something outside the game.

Numerous other ways also, just pointing out a few of the most likely used ways.

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if this has been suggested before, but I haven't seen it recently, so I decided to make this. Any feedback is welcome.

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2015-06-25 13:41:57

Kirby

Re: Timer block

So, for clarification, theres a switch to activate the timer, then it starts and their are gates and such

Is this switch player only like regular switches, or everyone in the map like keys?

#3 2015-06-25 13:45:08

rgl32

Kirby1394 wrote:

So, for clarification, theres a switch to activate the timer, then it starts and their are gates and such

Is this switch player only like regular switches, or everyone in the map like keys?

Like switches, I was using keys as an example as why certain maps can't use them as timers in some ways. And it only affects you, no global timers.

#4 2015-06-25 13:48:11

Kirby

This is very good if its not global then, I would really like to see some speedrun maps out there. Right now curse almost does that, and I'm working on a speed run concept with them, but it won't work nearly as well as it would were there timer switches. Even if they didn't add this block, they should find a way, maybe, to add some sort of timer?

#5 2015-06-25 13:54:34

rgl32

Kirby1394 wrote:

This is very good if its not global then, I would really like to see some speedrun maps out there. Right now curse almost does that, and I'm working on a speed run concept with them, but it won't work nearly as well as it would were there timer switches. Even if they didn't add this block, they should find a way, maybe, to add some sort of timer?

however with curses, people can steal them. So you have to make sure no one can die so people don't steal them, or a way where they don't get to steal someones curse, which limits you greatly, also no curse doors/gates, at least not yet.

rgl321435236874516002

Board footer