Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Re: Not even "original" levels are really original anymore.

Failgirl101 wrote:

I kinda agree with you Supadorf, but I kinda don't. I understand your point. Saying you want a level that both looks good, and feels good. But EE is very limited. And although people try their hardest EE will always be jsut a sandbox game.

Plus you have to take into account that not everyone is like MIHB. Sure MIHB makes good levels but it's natural talent. Some things you just can't learn. People usually try their hardest to make what they think is good. Maybe it doesn't meet your standards, but that's just your opinion. This kind reminds me of the troll vs. non-troll concept.

It's okay if you don't like a level, but you have to understand that most level owners do try their hardest to make good levels. People who make bad art aren't neccesarily trying to bother you they are just doing what they know how. So just because levesl aren't expertise like MIHBs doesn't really make the level bad.

Each level is unique in it's own way and I think that no matter what a map is good because no matter how it looks to you, to the owner it is a treasure. All their hardwork on the canvas we call Everybody Edits.

This thread isn't about good versus bad levels, and it really has nothing to do with art. I agree with the points you just made, but that post just doesn't belong in this thread. I don't mind bad levels at all.

#52 Before February 2015

killj0y

To the contrary, I have seen some original levels actually. If you go to Cyph1e's profile and play "Ride the Wave", it actually feels like you are riding a wave. Even the art is original in that it isn't a normal looking wave, as it has been "cartoonized" to make it look more appealing. Some other original worlds that I have seen are ones such as "Illusion" by the EX Crew, which incorporates the name of the world into all of the minigames because if you notice, every single minigame in that world is a Red Herring.   EE is not void of originality. It is in fact the epitom of originality as its entire purpose was for new ideas to show up.

#53 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Here's a list I made of original levels.

I'll go try out Cyph1e's Ride the Wave right now.

#54 Before February 2015

rdococ

My city level (unoriginal) has a planet factory (original). So there are original levels that are really original still.

supadorf24142388063280800

Board footer