Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

lillsneppe

Re: Not even "original" levels are really original anymore.

shift wrote:
lillsneppe wrote:
shift wrote:

If you want EE to change in order to fit an image only you can see, then why would you leave it? Show us exactly how you picture this truly original level, or stop complaining. You're being a complete hypocrite by leaving.

How is he being a hypocrite by leaving; how is he creating adventure levels and claiming them to be original - when he is leaving?
He gave you two great examples on original levels, wouldn't that be enough, to show what he means? Does he really need to create a level for you to understand the term "original level"?

If he wants us to create an actual level in this image, then yes, he should have to create it himself as well.

I disagree. I do want something new to happen to the political system in Sweden - but no, I won't start it myself. I would love for something   to happen and I would once again look at the political debates with interest. Do I have to pave the way? Am I a "hypocrite" for not doing so?

shift wrote:
lillsneppe wrote:
shift wrote:

So you admit that you're refusing to do the very thing that you're asking of us? Nice.

Instead of complaining that we as EE players need to make another creative breakthrough, why don't you pave the way? Oh, that's right, because you don't feel like it.

Adventure levels don't become more original because Supa here can't find EE fun anymore. Non-original levels are praised as it is; why would people create new things? Who would follow the way Supa paves? Would you start creating original maps if Supa did? I doubt it, especially since you haven't after EL's Minimap Puzzle or MIHB's TriColor.

A lot of people on the forums aren't noobs that only create stairs, sorry. If a new form of level creation was founded, it would spread like wildfire- at least, among the more professional forumers. I have never seen either of those levels, and have never even heard f them before this topic, so I can easily say that, yes, if given an example, I would probably try to make my own.

A lot of people on the forums are idiots who complain about stairs being unoriginal. Stairs are no more unoriginal than adventure levels. No, if a new form of level creation was founded, it wouldn't spread like wildfire. And we aren't talking about forms of level creation, we are talking about innovative levels, something that brings something new to the table.  
How many worlds of the type "EX Crew The Vault" have you seen? I'm sure you've heard of that level. An original level - did you try to make your own? Not a copy, that is. An original level - did you try to come up with your own original idea, after playing that?

You've already given me an answer - you would try to make your own. May I see that attempt?

I'd link you to MIHB's TriColor and EL's Minimap Puzzle myself, if it weren't for this net being a snail. I'm sure you can easily find them by using the search function though, if you really are interested in original concepts.

#27 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Supa isn't asking for anything, he's just stating a fact. In no way is he a hypocrite.

This is how the gameplay is in (almost) every level:
"Ohi minigame"
"oh look I failed, let's try again"
"and again"
"and again"
"YAY I GOT IT!"
"ohi minigame, you look harder"
"aw, I failed. let's try again"
"and again"
"and again"
"and again"
"and again"
"and again"
"YAY I GOT IT!"
"ugh, another minigame"

Very repetitive, gets very boring very quickly.

Be spontaneous, be original. You have more than a trillion³ different combinations just for a massive world. There are so many more ideas, concepts, & techniques that haven't even been thought of. And here we are doing the exact same gameplay over and over in all our levels. It's just like stairs.

Like just recently (recently = several weeks ago), I was experimenting with a never-before-made idea for a level, similar to Pictionary. It's not very hard to think of new ideas, you just need to put some effort into it.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#28 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Stairs are to the lobby as adventure levels are to the Rooms subforum.

Most forumers here complain about how stairs infest the EE lobby; I'm complaining about how adventure levels infest the Rooms subforum.

I think the easiest solution to this problem would be a dedicated list of featured levels that is updated on a regular basis. You would find this list in the Rooms subforum. A featured level system has been suggested countless times for the EE lobby. I'm surprised no one has made one for the forum yet.

In fact, I'm going to make that topic right now. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#29 Before February 2015

NotAnAlt

There is no such thing as original, bro.

#30 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Maybe you're just too uncreative to understand originality, bro.

Last edited by Supadorf24 (Aug 12 2011 3:16:28 pm)

#31 Before February 2015

Koto

I know what you mean.   I enjoy adventure maps, they're the best.   but the minis need to be more creative.   I totally agree with this.

#32 Before February 2015

NotAnAlt

Supadorf24 wrote:

Maybe you're just too uncreative to understand originality, bro.

I'm not the problem, bro.

#33 Before February 2015

Betaguy

I am agree, but what else are there than minigames?
I mean bosses, RPG's etc... they are all minigames in...

#34 Before February 2015

MIHB

I agree completely supadorf24.

#35 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Betaguy wrote:

I am agree, but what else are there than minigames?

That's what I'm suggesting people explore.

#36 Before February 2015

Brad

I prefer just minis. (Good minis)

#37 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

Exactly how I felt a few weeks back. I've come back to minigames now, but I am still thinking of ways to make an original map. Haven't thought of any yet, though.

#38 Before February 2015

TACZero

I've grown to hate mini games because either
a) they're way too easy,
b) they're so repetitive,
c) too many people are playing making any keyed ones impossible,
d) people don't put thought into how the difficulty level should gradually increase
I really like race levels/ boss levels because I'm competing against others that I know I can beat 80% of the time
However bosses are biased or are unoriginal with their challenges in which they have to start randomly eliminating

#39 Before February 2015

Gaming_Guy

For instance, a level that takes place in the ocean doesn't necessarily feel like you're in the ocean. The minis are shaped like the ocean, sure, but they don't feel lie the ocean. In this case, the minis should follow the theme of swaying back and forth in a rocking motion.

Fix that Supadwarf.

#40 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Fixed.

#41 Before February 2015

Oturan

A featured level system has been suggested countless times for the EE lobby. I'm surprised no one has made one for the forum yet.

I think Takoman made one, that would be like that called ''the new lobby'' but It just dissapeared

#42 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Oturan wrote:

A featured level system has been suggested countless times for the EE lobby. I'm surprised no one has made one for the forum yet.

I think Takoman made one, that would be like that called ''the new lobby'' but It just dissapeared

Yeah, because everyone kept telling me to just make a list instead of 10-per-day.

+There wasn't enough good levels to do 10 per day.

#43 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

I'm only complaining about all the complaint topics. It's really unnecessary. Want to complain? Make a message inside your room and ad it. This forum is getting flooded by complaint topics and it's annoying seeing popular people do it too.

1) They're annoying
2) They're unoriginal
3) Most people who leave are complaining about EE

Supadorf I'm surprised you'd make a complaint topic, but despite that I'm very disappointed.

~TT

EDIT: And who gives a f--- about originality? EE is EE and I don't think half the community even reads the forums anyway. One little complaint isn't going to change the entire game.
Heck, even I make unoriginal maps sometimes. But you know what? It's not about originality at all, it's about work. Whether or not the person is up to the challenge of even making a map in the first place.
So don't go complaining about playing the same minis over and over again when those people, just like you, are working hard to make their maps.
It takes time, and you're ignoring that important fact. Don't give props for the map itself, give props to the owner who spent their time, minute to minute, hour to hour, laying every brick just so you can enjoy the entire landscape.

Last edited by TrappedTime (Aug 13 2011 9:58:00 am)

#44 Before February 2015

Sabrillian

I can't even be bothered to play hard minigames anymore.
It's not worth it, hence why you'd usually see me in one of the more amateur/"noob" levels instead. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Everyone has their own level preferences, and in that case I enjoy running through adventure levels, grabbing as many coins as I can instead of impatiently trying to beat a hard mini. I just think the whole thing against "noob" levels should stop. There's no point to convincing the majority of the EE population to start making art levels with great minigames; it takes time, a well thought-out concept, creativity and patience, which is something not many EE players are willing to do. :rolleyes:

I very much enjoy EE for what it is now; a fun sandbox game where you can meet people, socialize, make levels, start/join crews, enjoy other peoples' creations and so much more. I can't be bothered to treat EE like it's a contest, and I want to be able to make a crappy level without earning a bad reputation for doing so. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#45 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

TrappedTime wrote:

I'm only complaining about all the complaint topics. It's really unnecessary. Want to complain? Make a message inside your room and ad it. This forum is getting flooded by complaint topics and it's annoying seeing popular people do it too.

1) They're annoying
2) They're unoriginal

Supadorf I'm surprised you'd make a complaint topic, but despite that I'm very disappointed.

~TT

EDIT: And who gives a f--- about originality? EE is EE and I don't think half the community even reads the forums anyway. One little complaint isn't going to change the entire game.
Heck, even I make unoriginal maps sometimes. But you know what? It's not about originality at all, it's about work. Whether or not the person is up to the challenge of even making a map in the first place.
So don't go complaining about playing the same minis over and over again when those people, just like you, are working hard to make their maps.
It takes time, and you're ignoring that important fact. Don't give props for the map itself, give props to the owner who spent their time, minute to minute, hour to hour, laying every brick just so you can enjoy the entire landscape.

Facetious much?

#46 Before February 2015

supadorf24

TrappedTime wrote:

I'm only complaining about all the complaint topics.

Seems hypocritical.

TrappedTime wrote:

It's really unnecessary.

I agree.

TrappedTime wrote:

Want to complain?

Yes. In fact, I already did.

TrappedTime wrote:

Make a message inside your room and ad it.

Wat.

TrappedTime wrote:

This forum is getting flooded by complaint topics and it's annoying seeing popular people do it too.

I have a right to post my views, just like anyone else here does.Something tells me you disagree with me so you're finding some random reason to be upset with this topic. If you had agreed with me on the points I brought up, you probably wouldn't be complaining right now.   Also, I've seen lots of people complaining about lag, but you haven't addressed them like you have me.

TrappedTime wrote:

1) They're annoying

That's unfortunate if you think so. I've seen a lot more annoying topics than this one.

TrappedTime wrote:

2) They're unoriginal

LOL THE IRONY. Actually, I've never seen a topic like this one before. Please give me an example of where you've seen one.

TrappedTime wrote:

Don't know why everyone thinks I'm leaving. I'm not.

TrappedTime wrote:

That's a shame. I forgot I wasn't allowed to be negative.

TrappedTime wrote:

And who gives a f--- about originality?

Obviously I do.

TrappedTime wrote:

EE is EE and I don't think half the community even reads the forums anyway. One little complaint isn't going to change the entire game.

Sad, isn't it? Of course, I was never really expecting to change the entire game. Hopefully this topic will affect those who read it. I'm simply trying to encourage more creativity. Didn't know there was anything wrong with that.

TrappedTime wrote:

Heck, even I make unoriginal maps sometimes.

That's nice.

TrappedTime wrote:

But you know what? It's not about originality at all, it's about work.

I could put tons of work into a stairs level or I could put not-so-much work into a fun, new kind of level that has never been seen before. If you ask me, it's about the result.

TrappedTime wrote:

Whether or not the person is up to the challenge of even making a map in the first place.

I don't really think making maps is all too challenging.

TrappedTime wrote:

That's nice, but as I said earlier, I believe in judging a level on its quality, not how long it took to make.

TrappedTime wrote:

In school, I have a friend that takes slightly longer than everyone else to do his work. He's very smart, and the quality of his work is equal to everyone else's. The only difference is that he takes longer to do it. So if him and I both pass in the same quality of work, but he took longer to do it, he doesn't get extra points for putting in extra time. That's because the teacher grades papers on the quality of the work, which, to me, makes sense.

Sabrillian wrote:

I can't even be bothered to play hard minigames anymore.
It's not worth it, hence why you'd usually see me in one of the more amateur/"noob" levels instead. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Everyone has their own level preferences, and in that case I enjoy running through adventure levels, grabbing as many coins as I can instead of impatiently trying to beat a hard mini. I just think the whole thing against "noob" levels should stop. There's no point to convincing the majority of the EE population to start making art levels with great minigames; it takes time, a well thought-out concept, creativity and patience, which is something not many EE players are willing to do. :rolleyes:

I very much enjoy EE for what it is now; a fun sandbox game where you can meet people, socialize, make levels, start/join crews, enjoy other peoples' creations and so much more. I can't be bothered to treat EE like it's a contest, and I want to be able to make a crappy level without earning a bad reputation for doing so. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

No, I'm not expecting everyone to start making original levels. I'm just trying to encourage those who are up to the challenge.

Last edited by Supadorf24 (Aug 13 2011 10:35:45 am)

#47 Before February 2015

Sabrillian

SupaDorf24 wrote:

No, I'm not expecting everyone to start making original levels. I'm just trying to encourage those who are up to the challenge.

Oh, that wasn't directed to you at all, but I understand where you're coming from. I totally agreed with your post. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by Sabrillian (Aug 13 2011 10:48:05 am)

#48 Before February 2015

This kind of made me feel like a stairs maker.

#49 Before February 2015

lbw

EE is a simple game. It's a level editor where you fill squares with stuff to make a level. It's very difficult to think of an original concept when the level editor itself is very limiting.

#50 Before February 2015

Calicara

I kinda agree with you Supadorf, but I kinda don't. I understand your point. Saying you want a level that both looks good, and feels good. But EE is very limited. And although people try their hardest EE will always be jsut a sandbox game.

Plus you have to take into account that not everyone is like MIHB. Sure MIHB makes good levels but it's natural talent. Some things you just can't learn. People usually try their hardest to make what they think is good. Maybe it doesn't meet your standards, but that's just your opinion. This kind reminds me of the troll vs. non-troll concept.

It's okay if you don't like a level, but you have to understand that most level owners do try their hardest to make good levels. People who make bad art aren't neccesarily trying to bother you they are just doing what they know how. So just because levesl aren't expertise like MIHBs doesn't really make the level bad.

Each level is unique in it's own way and I think that no matter what a map is good because no matter how it looks to you, to the owner it is a treasure. All their hardwork on the canvas we call Everybody Edits.

supadorf24142388063280800

Board footer