Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Brad

Crashing worlds

So, you know how some people use wpe or something to make it so that the world they're in crashes? How exactly do they do that? Could i have a download link to what they use? (I don't want to do it myself, I'm just curious)

#2 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Re: Crashing worlds

So you want to download it but not use it? Lies.

#3 Before February 2015

Betaguy

Ask Jak or Showpath //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by Betaguy (Aug 15 2011 10:59:33 am)

#4 Before February 2015

Gaming_Guy

Brad wrote:

So, you know how some people use wpe or something to make it so that the world they're in crashes? How exactly do they do that? Could i have a download link to what they use? (I don't want to do it myself, I'm just curious)

So your gonna crash all the "nooby" levels? Noobs have lives, that's why they don't spend time on a game. If you crash one that noob wont EVER come back and play again. So DON'T.

#5 Before February 2015

Brad

GamingGuy wrote:

So your gonna crash all the "nooby" levels? Noobs have lives, that's why they don't spend time on a game. If you crash one that noob wont EVER come back and play again. So DON'T.

I said I wasn't going to. I get annoyed when people do it to me, I just wanted to see how it works.

#6 Before February 2015

Processor

They send a lot of packets to the servers.

Thats how it works. Want to do it yourself? Then figure it out yourself. Use your mind a bit. Just like me, no one told me how to do it, but i figured it out myself.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#7 Before February 2015

Glitcherkid

I found out Administrators can crash levels by typing the command, /killroom
It would be funny if an admin decided to crash all rooms on april fools day. pFhcd.png Yn8I7.png

PaNFnqB.png

#8 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

when you lag or lose connection for a little while, when you reconnect it sends you a packet of everything that's happened. So if I said "hello" 3 times while you were disconnected, it would send you one packet containing the word hello 3 times. So... if you designed a packet that contained many update messages, and then spammed that packet very fast, everyone in the room receives a whole lot of chats, it can't handle it, anyone who's computer is more laggy than the spammer's gets kicked. The reason for the more laggy bit is because when the hacker is lag kicked the packet stops being sent.

That's my theory. No idea if it's wrong or right but that's what I get when I watch the packets coming into my most laggy computer. I saw multiple movements and chat messages in each packet.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#9 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Oh no.. its spreading..

#10 Before February 2015

Brad

Processor wrote:

Want to do it yourself? Then figure it out yourself. Use your mind a bit.

No, I'm not smart. I play EE all day.

#11 Before February 2015

Garfield2436

I hate how people crash the worlds, and we don't even know who crashed that world.
It is REALLY annoying.

#12 Before February 2015

Brad

Garfield2436 wrote:

I hate how people crash the worlds, and we don't even know who crashed that world.
It is REALLY annoying.

I know, it happened to me twice today. Same level.

#13 Before February 2015

Garfield2436

Brad wrote:
Garfield2436 wrote:

It is REALLY annoying.

I know, it happened to me twice today. Same level.

Then why did you say on how to crash worlds man?
It makes it easier for people reading this topic right now who really want to crash the best worlds such as EX Crew rooms.
Sooner or later we are going to have a ton of frozen rooms, and then BOOM. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#14 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Crashing rooms is easy to do, for people like Processor(though processor isn't dumb so I can't say the same for just anyone who plays EE) and make but if you're going to abuse it then gtfo EE.

We send a shtload of packets to the server, making ton recieved packets to the player's EE which the player's Internet connection cannot handle thus disconnecting the player from the room. Simple as that.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#15 Before February 2015

zz

Noobs... Here is how you do it:
You send over 10,000 packets containing chat information at once, so everybody with chat has to update the chat log to have those 10,000 messages. They simply can't handle it, creating the crash. (the more packets you send creates a higher chance of a crash)

#16 Before February 2015

capasha

zz wrote:

Noobs... Here is how you do it:
You send over 10,000 packets containing chat information at once, so everybody with chat has to update the chat log to have those 10,000 messages. They simply can't handle it, creating the crash. (the more packets you send creates a higher chance of a crash)

> Packets != lines
Who is the noob now?

Chris already know about this. I guess he is going to fix it when he have time to do it.

#17 Before February 2015

eeautobuilder

It has already been fixed just so ya guys know... also there was another way to crash is by using coins.

That works because when someone gets a coin every other person in the world receives 3 packets about this. This is used to for coin doors to work correctly. So if the hacker sends 1 packet saying that they got 500 coins, each person will receive 3 packets saying they got 500 coins and then it has to process this. Which sent very fast (1-10ms each). As this adds up the EE client on each persons computers can't handle this causing them to not be able to download or upload any other packets like movement, and key packets. Then creating a huge lag eventually kicking them. This coin method worked a lot better because when a chat packet is only received 1 not 3 times on each client.

Now after the update when a person gets a coin, the packet is only received once on every client allowing enough time for EE to process this and not lag them out. This doesn't mean that worlds can't be crashed anymore, it just means that you would need a very fast upload speed and download speed to keep sending these coin packets, along with a fast computer to keep up with processing them.

Hopefully everyone gets how this works and how it was fixed... Peace out //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Brad 142388123480198

Board footer