Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-05-03 16:31:08

den3107

Re: [Release] Rate & Tag levels with Chrome Extension (and tutorial)

Hexagon wrote:
den3107 wrote:

When pressing the smiley the iframe does popup on the EE website.
The direct link page welcomes me (hi back) and allows me to rate.

The iframe remains displaying me the auth page with the smiley and stuff.

I have a good workaround.

1. Go to the direct link: http://ee-recommender.herokuapp.com/example.php
2. Do the EE Auth thing, make sure that you are authenticated
3. Go back to the white page that says your name. Now, close that page.
4. Go back to everybodyedits.com. You will still see the grey box. Now,
5. Refresh everybodyedits.com. You should see the five stars there.

Problem is that I'm now stuck on the rating page.
Restarting browser won't work either.

But still it's strange how the iframe does pop up when using your smiley thingy, would you mind sharing exactly what link it refers to?

#52 2015-05-03 16:35:19, last edited by Hexagon (2015-05-03 16:36:36)

Hexagon

den3107 wrote:

Problem is that I'm now stuck on the rating page.

Close out the rating page. Go back to everybodyedits.com and refresh it and it should show up in the corner with some stars.

den3107 wrote:

But still it's strange how the iframe does pop up when using your smiley thingy, would you mind sharing exactly what link it refers to?

There's only two links that goes to.

The first thing that it goes to is http://ee-recommender.herokuapp.com/example.php which checks if you are already authenticated. If not, it'll redirect you to https://eeauth.yonom.org/login (I think) then when you are authenticated it has a callback link which goes back to the recommender page, with the session token, and since everything looks good it'll not direct you to the authentication page and show you the stars instead.

I might have to see what's going on with teamviewer, because I don't really know what to do next in order to troubleshoot. If you'd like me to teamviewer you, PM me your teamviewer ID and session password.

#53 2015-05-03 23:28:44

den3107

Great tool, perfect support.
Kudos to you, you're going to get somewhere in life.

#54 2015-05-03 23:30:22

Hexagon

den3107 wrote:

I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to resolve the issue that you were having with the addon. I might convert it into a more universal format (e.g a Tamper Monkey script) and that might be usable. If anyone else is experiencing issues, let me know here or PM me!

#55 2015-05-03 23:34:35

den3107

Hexagon wrote:
den3107 wrote:

I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to resolve the issue that you were having with the addon. I might convert it into a more universal format (e.g a Tamper Monkey script) and that might be usable. If anyone else is experiencing issues, let me know here or PM me!

I really think it's a problem on my end, and I know you think that too, nothing you can do about it, no need to be sorry.

#56 2015-05-04 11:18:15

Hexagon

There's a small glitch where if the world's title is changed while a tab is open, it won't change and when the world changes its title via updatemeta and the owner does not save the level. Is anyone bothered by that? I'm not sure whether to fix that or to begin to develop a Firefox addon.

#57 2015-05-04 12:16:31

den3107

Hexagon wrote:

There's a small glitch where if the world's title is changed while a tab is open, it won't change and when the world changes its title via updatemeta and the owner does not save the level. Is anyone bothered by that? I'm not sure whether to fix that or to begin to develop a Firefox addon.

The previous name is probably good enough for recognition. I suggest supporting multiple platforms.

#58 2015-05-04 12:42:48

Hexagon

den3107 wrote:

The previous name is probably good enough for recognition. I suggest supporting multiple platforms.

(Everyone) I cannot log into just regular EE Auth (this is separate from EE Recommender) using Firefox going to http://testauth.yonom.org. This is without the addon installed. If someone could try it and let me know if it works or doesn't, that would be great!

The error: "Disconnected. Please try again later."

Hexagon1430739768501257

Board footer