Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-22 19:17:13

Abelysk

New Zombie World Ideas

The NZWIA (New Zombie World Ideas Act) is an act that properly establishes a zombie mechanic inside of worlds. Yesterday, I saw the most disheartening thing. A zombie world was made, full of woots, but full of desperate players. The zombie block was not used properly - the owner flew around and spammed the blocks around players, making a messy, unclean, and gross method of creating a proper zombie map.

This thread is to discuss various methods of interpreting the use of the new zombie block. The problem is it is slightly more difficult to properly use them in a zombie map, however with proper use, the zombie blocks can be established in a way that is 100x better than the previous zombie potion mechanic. Players only had a limit of 10 potions, and not many players considered spending their energy for them. In addition, the only way to become a zombie is if you infected yourself with the potion, then infected others. The zombie block can infect EVERYONE, but not at the same time. The fact that it makes everyone able to become infected proves the importance of it.

My method is to create 2, 3, 4, or 5 (or however you want) of spawn points. The more spawn points, the less chance of players that enter the world become a zombie. Place one zombie block under a spawn point, then leave the other spawn points empty.

If you have 3 spawn points, and one of them turns players into a zombie with the zombie block, then there is a 1/3 chance that players will become a zombie. This makes a random-generator factor. Cons: Players can turn into a zombie and leave right after to not become a zombie. However, most players do not care if they are zombie or human.

Place your thoughts on how to infect others!

#2 2015-04-22 19:36:58

skullz17

Re: New Zombie World Ideas

The spawn point method is not random, but rather systematic. Every nth player spawns here, n being the number of spawn points.

Also, I think that zombies and humans should be even. If a human and a zombie are one on one, the "winner" really depends on the situation and the surroundings. If the human is on a hill and higher than the zombie, then the human can easily jump over the zombie. But in other circumstances, the zombie can have the advantage. For example, if the player is in a building or something, and the zombie manages to corner them. This is only the case if zombies can spawn ahead of players, which is the only real way to balance it, since zombies are slower.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#3 2015-04-23 18:38:48

Voolm

Re: New Zombie World Ideas

I made ramdome with switches and timer in my Pac-Man Zombie

Voolm1429810728498014

Board footer