Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-30 16:23:55, last edited by AK712 (2015-03-31 17:33:06)

AK712

End Userbombing Now - Petition

Are you tired of finding sloppy levels in the most populars?

Do your levels get pushed off lists by stairs and minigames that have guestbombs or userbombs?

Are you tired of levels wooted to the top by Fameybomb or another bot just like it?

Do you want Everybody Edits to be a community where levels get popular by real people, rather than fake users?

Sign this petition to end userbombing - restore order to our community, and get the best levels back to the top again!

=====PETITION=====
By signing this petition, you acknowledge that userbombing and/or guestbombing is a selfish act of a user that only cares about popularity. You furthermore promise to never userbomb or guestbomb in your own levels ever again, and rather work your hardest on each level you make, caring only about how much you and other people enjoy the level, not about its popularity or number of woots.

=====NAMES=====

AK712
hafala
squeaker340
ledlights
mario1111
thorta
supercalibrookie
racer512
manarthemagic
brine123
20feedy
marcoantonimsantos
kingkoopa1213
daneeko
vadertheimpaler

O4DmNuI.png

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2015-03-30 16:38:23

Creature

Re: End Userbombing Now - Petition

Not really a problem for me, I'm most online in my friends' world.

If this is really a trouble for many players, you can limit how much worlds you can join by IP.

This is a false statement.

#3 2015-03-30 16:39:01

Nou

Rather than "banning" userbombing, you have to look at WHY people do it first. They want to draw attention to their level. I don't mind people userbombing to draw attention to a level, but what I do have an issue with is minigame levels that keep 25 clones in while it's already on top of the list.

Currently, EE seems to be lacking a way to draw attention to their levels. Sure, levels can be featured, but do you ever change your sorting to see what levels are featured? Nope. We need to draw more people to the forums to post their stuff in the Rooms section, and perhaps for bots some kind of notification system to alert people a bot has been turned on.

No u.

#4 2015-03-30 16:54:23, last edited by Dazz (2015-03-30 17:02:35)

Dazz

Nou wrote:

Rather than "banning" userbombing, you have to look at WHY people do it first. They want to draw attention to their level. I don't mind people userbombing to draw attention to a level, but what I do have an issue with is minigame levels that keep 25 clones in while it's already on top of the list.

Currently, EE seems to be lacking a way to draw attention to their levels. Sure, levels can be featured, but do you ever change your sorting to see what levels are featured? Nope. We need to draw more people to the forums to post their stuff in the Rooms section, and perhaps for bots some kind of notification system to alert people a bot has been turned on.

Unfortunately not even the rooms section are enough.

@AK712  While it's trully unfair for everyone not using ANY bots for various reasons, they do make a difference on EE and they bring a lot of good levels or ways to build levels, they shouldn't be banned but rather ''implemented'' to EE so everyone can enjoy them for free, updated and ''legally''. Even the guest bomb idea could be used in a moderated maner and of equal advantage for everyone. Something similar to boost level etc, it's endless.

#5 2015-03-30 17:24:30

tentacleTherapist

AK712 wrote:

Are you tired of finding sloppy levels in the most populars?

Do your levels get pushed off lists by stairs and minigames

I am pretty sure this it the reason the guestbomb and accountbomb were invented, therefore even if I have omitted the end of the second sentence that shows that the reason for their invention is still present therefore the reason for their existence is, therefore they shouldn't be taken away. I honestly don't see why there are so many people with problems against bombing recently, they were some of the very first bots and it is only now we are starting to see a large number of people complaining.

This is hella gay

#6 2015-03-30 18:07:52

gkaby
Website

maybe we can have people pay money or energy to have their levels featured in some way

idk

#7 2015-03-30 18:15:03

Creature

gkaby wrote:

maybe we can have people pay money or energy to have their levels featured in some way

Soon: Featured levels: Boss to code, Stairs, FNAF, RPG, 200 minigames etc.

#8 2015-03-30 18:29:14

Dazz

gkaby wrote:

While it might be a happy advantage for EE's staff and their rich users the rest of the users get the same disadvantage and unfair treatment.

#9 2015-03-30 18:31:35

gkaby
Website

what if it is limited to two worlds at a time with 30 minutes for each world at a time

idk

#10 2015-03-30 18:54:22

tentacleTherapist

I love how he made a world for this "partition" and started banning anyone with an opposing viewpoint to him for "hating". If you are going to try to argue a point at least listen to other peoples arguments.

This is hella gay

#11 2015-03-30 19:00:22

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

I will not user-bomb and guest-bomb, sign up for the petition. I don't like bombs.

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#12 2015-03-30 19:02:22, last edited by AsurcH (2015-04-01 15:27:55)

AsurcH

Actually I personally see many people use account bombing to get good or original levels to up since people actually play other levels what you would call everyday levels, like stairs, 200 minis I don't know.

Wooted by: (4)

#13 2015-03-30 19:21:56

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

This petition is a very bad idea, although I sympathize with your point of view.  Basically, the people who don't care will continue to bomb their levels to the top, the people who do care won't use the bots and their levels will stay at the bottom.  Basically this is a petition you sign if you want to hamstring yourself.

Wooted by: (3)

#14 2015-03-30 20:16:09

skullz17

Stupid idea, you assume that acc bombs are a main cause of stairs, minigames etc reaching the top of the lobby. They would still be at the top either way, because they always have been some of the most consistently popular types of levels.

Even if it was true, you did not take into account the fact that acc bombs are also used for a lot of respected levels, such as EX Crew Shift (or at least used to, idk if it still is). Without acc bombs, it can often be difficult for these levels to get to the top of the lobby.

And as MIHB highlighted, this will just not work. You are only limiting yourself.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#15 2015-03-30 20:44:00

Kamekthemagician

You don´t need a guest bomb to have your free code world in the 1st position of the world list in 10 minutes.

udZX0YY.gif

My nickname in-game is Supermariobros20. I have played EE for 4 years! I love creating Super Mario worlds!

#16 2015-03-30 20:54:58

Anak

I tend to leave worlds that have been bombed, but that's only if guest/alt accounts are the only ones in the world. If there are a few at like the bottom of the list and the rest is just actual players, I don't leave. This is mainly because I'd rather play on a world with people actually in it and moving around than just guests sitting at the spawn of the level. Probably just me.

#17 2015-03-31 00:08:15

Aoitenshi

Userbombing is a mixed bag, it can get your quality levels on the top and be noticed. But at the same time unoriginal levels can be, too. But as far as EE has gone, Userbombing has never gone truly bad to crowd the lobby with forced unoriginal levels--Practically speaking, Userbombing is still in a good light.

Wooted by:

Nou

#18 2015-03-31 00:17:56

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
Website

=====PETITION=====
By signing this petition, you acknowledge that userbombing and/or guestbombing is a selfish act of a user that only cares about popularity. You furthermore promise to never userbomb or guestbomb in your own levels ever again, and rather work your hardest on each level you make, caring only about how much you and other people enjoy the level, not about its popularity or number of woots.

signed up

http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

#19 2015-03-31 00:18:59

Bobithan

EE really just needs better discoverability for worlds you make. I think it would help a lot if you could preview world maps before you join them, or have a lobby similar to how you view worlds in a profile.

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#20 2015-03-31 00:55:54

Master1

Removing Bombs will only harm the lobby even more. Think about this:
> The lobby has 20 levels open, all with 1 person in them.
> People see several "200 minigames" and "EXcrew Odyssey"
> Since the majority of the players are new, they don't know what EXcrew Odyssey is, but they know what minigames are so they go there instead.
> All the minigame levels fill up, leaving Odyssey at the bottom of the lobby with no hope of ever getting to the top.
> More people begin to open good maps, but because nobody sees them they all sink to the bottom of the lobby.
> The bad maps are still on top and the good maps are at the bottom, and nobody even bombed.

People these days tend to be attracted to worlds that say "Minigame" "Bot" "Hotel" "Magic" or "Boss" If your level doesn't have any of those in it's name, people won't know what it is, and will generally stay away from it. Bombing allows good maps to bypass this and shoot to the top of the lobby for a short period of time, allowing people to see it and maybe even take a chance on it.

Your speech in the opening post makes it seem like you think that only bad levels use it, which is incorrect. With the way the current EE community is, even the best of the best will have a difficult time reaching the top, unless someone with a lot of friends joins it, or someone bombs it.

You may not like bombing, but it has been a part of EE for nearly 5 years, and I see no reason for it to not last another 5. If you don't like the levels that reach the top, use the scroll bar and find one you do like.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#21 2015-03-31 01:25:16

Blindz0r

Continuing Master1's argument, picture this:

You just finished a world that you worked extremely hard on and it looks fantastic. Unlike a crew or a well-known player you do not have a "fan base". Nobody really knows your maps and when they look at it in the rooms section, they don't think much of it. Bombing is a well, beneficial alternative to sitting in your world begging users on the forum to checkout a world they might not even want to consider. Basically this : you bomb the level you attract users, when you attract users you unbomb. Sounds simple but not very many players have implanted this idea in their bombing. Thus, making them look "selfish" but, in reality they just want players to checkout their world.

The old blind man said "You're Blind z0r".

Want to see someone interviewed? Follow this Link !

#22 2015-03-31 01:26:24

Pingohits
Banned

wait people care about plays

that is something new to me

791mAP8.png

#23 2015-03-31 01:28:16, last edited by Creature (2015-03-31 01:28:36)

Creature

When I was a noob, I seeked for relevant titles, like Stairs, Minigames, Run from Gods, etc. I hated to join worlds with titles like "Code is..." or a crew world. Capital and pontuaction was required.

#24 2015-03-31 01:37:22

FDOOU
Banned

Creature, you still are a noob.

Come find me in game!

Wooted by:

#25 2015-03-31 01:39:49, last edited by Creature (2015-03-31 01:40:35)

Creature

FDOOU wrote:

Creature, you still are a noob.

Oh yes, sometimes I like noobing around, why would I waste my days playing random stupid worlds while I can hang out with my friends? You surely do it all the time.

On-Topic: Userbombing isn't a trouble, unless it's in your world without permission.

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer1428093662490761

Board footer