Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-03-21 22:45:28

Muftwin

Re: (ELECTION 2016) Dolphins for president? State your opinion on my idea.

rubixguy wrote:

I think the US government as it currently stands would only allow a person to run for President (I am assuming OP is referring to US politics)

I know this is speculation but can we get a source because im pretty sure the only reason we havent seen a nonhuman candidate is because a strong enough one hasnt tried campaigning yet

hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

Wooted by:

#27 2015-03-21 22:46:22

gkaby
Website

rubixguy wrote:

I think the US government as it currently stands would only allow a person to run for President (I am assuming OP is referring to US politics). I think a US Supreme Court decision would have to be made in order to determine the personhood of any or all dolphins. As of now, I am not aware of any judicial cases protecting constitutional rights of anyone or anything other than humans. So I don't think that a dolphin would be allowed to run for President.

However, the US Constitution only mentions the rules of running for President, that is, legal ways of getting on the ballot. There has been a President that has never appeared on a Presidential ballot, Gerald Ford. He was appointed to be Vice President when Spiro Agnew resigned as Vice President. Then later, Richard Nixon resigned as President, then Ford became President. If only a dolphin had been appointed to become Vice President, then it would have been possible back in the 1970's. But the appointment has to be approved by Congress, so that may have been a tricky obstacle to overcome for a dolphin.

well

its only a matter of a for dolphin organization taking the majority in the government

idk

#28 2015-03-21 22:58:51

rubixguy

Muftwin wrote:
rubixguy wrote:

I think the US government as it currently stands would only allow a person to run for President (I am assuming OP is referring to US politics)

I know this is speculation but can we get a source because im pretty sure the only reason we havent seen a nonhuman candidate is because a strong enough one hasnt tried campaigning yet

I found some examples of non-human candidates for various types of offices, some of which have won. Even better, a few were even in the US!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-human_ … candidates

QY3OIOZ.png

Wooted by:

#29 2015-03-21 23:06:58

gkaby
Website

"Pigasus the Immortal"

idk

Wooted by:

#30 2015-03-23 03:22:14

Sybil

Dolphins should simply become president; there are undeniable facts about it. Dolphins are extremely intelligent, having the ability to do things most humans can do if taught properly. You see; dolphins could EASILY outdo Barrack Obama. Not to imply racism or be racist, but I'm simply stating a fact. They are also a very major population; there are many dolphins living among us. Dolphins are simply the warriors of the seas. With their smarts and power, they could take out the entire human population. It won't be a robot apocalypse; it will be the century of dolphin kind. They will reproduce into more advanced beings, and take over Earth. They will build technology that take them to other planets, and then manipulate them to create tides that wipe out ENTIRE UNIVERSES with a single tsunami. Humans will be long gone by now; the Earth will be a place of watery destruction. THE SUN will be no more; for it will be artificial; creating the EXACT conditions for dolphin kind. There will be no aliens; we will have EVOLVED dolphins. They will grow to incredible sizes, terminating SOLAR SYSTEMS in one stomp. One stomp! We will have a new era of dolphins; The Dolphin Era. Mankind will be no more; it will be dolphins...

...plus they make cute noises.

f0uiwo.png

Wooted by:

#31 2015-03-23 03:27:26

Pingohits
Banned

Sybil wrote:

Dolphins should simply become president; there are undeniable facts about it. Dolphins are extremely intelligent, having the ability to do things most humans can do if taught properly. You see; dolphins could EASILY outdo Barrack Obama. Not to imply racism or be racist, but I'm simply stating a fact. They are also a very major population; there are many dolphins living among us. Dolphins are simply the warriors of the seas. With their smarts and power, they could take out the entire human population. It won't be a robot apocalypse; it will be the century of dolphin kind. They will reproduce into more advanced beings, and take over Earth. They will build technology that take them to other planets, and then manipulate them to create tides that wipe out ENTIRE UNIVERSES with a single tsunami. Humans will be long gone by now; the Earth will be a place of watery destruction. THE SUN will be no more; for it will be artificial; creating the EXACT conditions for dolphin kind. There will be no aliens; we will have EVOLVED dolphins. They will grow to incredible sizes, terminating SOLAR SYSTEMS in one stomp. One stomp! We will have a new era of dolphins; The Dolphin Era. Mankind will be no more; it will be dolphins...

tl;dr

SHORTEN IT UP MY FRIEND

791mAP8.png

#32 2015-03-23 03:31:20

Sybil

Pingohits wrote:
Sybil wrote:

tl;dr

SHORTEN IT UP MY FRIEND

tl;dr - Obama sucks, dolphins rule.

f0uiwo.png

#33 2015-03-23 11:34:47

GreenyMix
Formerly Snivy2014

Then how does obama swims? CHECKMATE

#34 2015-03-23 12:44:54

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

rubixguy wrote:

I think the US government as it currently stands would only allow a person to run for President (I am assuming OP is referring to US politics). I think a US Supreme Court decision would have to be made in order to determine the personhood of any or all dolphins. As of now, I am not aware of any judicial cases protecting constitutional rights of anyone or anything other than humans. So I don't think that a dolphin would be allowed to run for President.

However, the US Constitution only mentions the rules of running for President, that is, legal ways of getting on the ballot. There has been a President that has never appeared on a Presidential ballot, Gerald Ford. He was appointed to be Vice President when Spiro Agnew resigned as Vice President. Then later, Richard Nixon resigned as President, then Ford became President. If only a dolphin had been appointed to become Vice President, then it would have been possible back in the 1970's. But the appointment has to be approved by Congress, so that may have been a tricky obstacle to overcome for a dolphin.

I think he makes some valid points, guys. Isn't it clear that a dolphin could NEVER be the president of the great US of A? But then again, isn't that the prerogative of any denizen of the country? To be able to follow their dreams? Isn't that what America was founded on? The right to put your personal fulfillment ahead of the greater good????? Who is to say that a dolphin couldn't or shouldn't run for president. Who are YOU to say???

In all honesty, though, a dolphin would probably do a better job than our last three presidents combined.

#35 2015-03-23 18:50:28

Pingohits
Banned

Snivy2014 wrote:

Then how does obama swims? CHECKMATE

stop trying
fdoou does it better

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#36 2015-03-23 19:37:00

rubixguy

rubixguy wrote:

There has been a President that has never appeared on a Presidential ballot, Gerald Ford.

I discovered a correction to this statement. After Ford served the remaining two years of Nixon's term, Ford did run for President in the following election. And even though he lost that election, he has technically appeared on a Presidential ballot. Luckily, this does not damage my original point. He became President before he ever appeared on a Presidential ballot. Additionally, I can say that he has never won in any Presidential election.

QY3OIOZ.png

#37 2015-03-23 21:10:13

Anch

Would the dolphin give out free cookies?

#38 2015-03-23 21:11:12

some woman

anch159 wrote:

likely

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#39 2015-03-23 21:16:51

Anch

some man wrote:
anch159 wrote:

likely

Ok then I'll vote for him.

#40 2015-03-23 21:17:25

Creature

Compared to the current brazilian president, yes, dolphins are the best.

This is a false statement.

#41 2015-03-25 15:42:29

Sybil

anch159 wrote:

Yes. They will have snickerdoodle as well.

f0uiwo.png

#42 2015-03-25 17:18:57

Different55
Forum Admin

But will they have thin mints? Thin mints should be a priority.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#43 2015-03-25 20:23:39

Anch

Different55 wrote:

If they give out mints in little boxes that have ads on them I'm definatley voting.

#44 2015-03-25 23:35:36

Pingohits
Banned

anch159 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

If they give out mints in little boxes that have ads on them I'm definatley voting.

i never had thin mints are they good

791mAP8.png

#45 2015-03-26 02:27:36

Sybil

The dolphins will have every kind of cookie, my friends.

f0uiwo.png

#46 2015-03-26 13:00:16

some woman

Sybil wrote:

will they have vanilla chip dipped in caramel

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

Wooted by:

#47 2015-03-26 13:03:31

Kamekthemagician

Pingohits wrote:
some man wrote:
Kamekthemagician wrote:

A dolphin as president? Nah! The King Bowser is so better! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

King Bowser for ruler! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

this is a serious political conversation, kid. if you're just gonna go around talking about your super mario boys or something then you ain't allowed in here
besides turtles could never be president

4417347203_5abb95eed8.jpg

HAHA Epic laugh! https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

udZX0YY.gif

My nickname in-game is Supermariobros20. I have played EE for 4 years! I love creating Super Mario worlds!

#48 2015-03-27 15:13:31

Sybil

some man wrote:
Sybil wrote:

will they have vanilla chip dipped in caramel

Every kind means every kind, so yes.

f0uiwo.png

#49 2015-03-27 17:19:42

Minimania
Moderation Team

Pingohits wrote:
some man wrote:
Kamekthemagician wrote:

A dolphin as president? Nah! The King Bowser is so better! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

this is a serious political conversation, kid. if you're just gonna go around talking about your super mario boys or something then you ain't allowed in here

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2803/4417 … 95eed8.jpg

get-out-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-192.gif

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#50 2015-03-27 19:42:03

Pingohits
Banned

minimania wrote:
Pingohits wrote:
some man wrote:
Kamekthemagician wrote:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2803/4417 … 95eed8.jpg

get-out-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-192.gif

no.jpg

791mAP8.png

Sybil1427662305488999

Board footer