Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-22 19:24:52

Aaro54

Are you sure you want to leave without saving?

I can't be the only one to leave a world without saving it first. That little mistake can cost you hours of work. So, why not have a small pop up that asks if you want to leave without saving? If you try to leave without saving and changes done to the world, the pop up would appear and have options yes, leave or no, save the world. If you hit yes, no changes are saved and you leave the world. If you hit no, the world is saved and you leave the world. And this would, of course only appear to the owner of the world.
Alternatively, an auto save feature every few minutes, but that could have some problems. For example, some troll trolls your world. You kick him and load the world, just to notice that the auto save saved everything the troll did.

#2 2015-02-22 19:28:47

Creature

Re: Are you sure you want to leave without saving?

I had got a idea like this: When loading the world, you can choose 2 versions of the world:
Auto-save version: It will load the auto-saved version of the world, saving your world and preventing you from losing your progress.
Last save version: It will load the last version you saved manually(Without auto-save), incase a troll trolled your world, you got a chance to save your world.
Not sure if there should have more versions saved.

This is a false statement.

#3 2015-02-22 19:29:36

Koya
Fabulous Member

Someone is trolling blocks - you can't leave. There will need to be a minute cool-down between saying no the first time and the second time.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#4 2015-02-22 19:42:33

Anak

If there were autosave, I'd suggest a ctrl+z feature (like /loadlevel) where you can scroll back through previous saves till you get to the right one. Not sure how possible that'd be with EE though.

#5 2015-02-22 20:43:34

Different55
Forum Admin

Koya wrote:

Someone is trolling blocks - you can't leave. There will need to be a minute cool-down between saying no the first time and the second time.

I don't understand. If someone is trolling, you just say no. Or you kick the troll. Am I missing something?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#6 2015-02-22 21:36:53

Koya
Fabulous Member

Different55 wrote:
Koya wrote:

I don't understand. If someone is trolling, you just say no. Or you kick the troll. Am I missing something?

I really didn't think what I said through.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#7 2015-02-24 03:40:37

Pingohits
Banned

Anak wrote:

If there were autosave, I'd suggest a ctrl+z feature (like /loadlevel) where you can scroll back through previous saves till you get to the right one. Not sure how possible that'd be with EE though.

And you can only have up to 10 save slots

YES this is a great idea! Now I can have a mini SHIFT world without a bot!

No seriously; think about it. I make a shift world, save it into Location 1.

Then I make another one and save it into Location 2.

I would just switch between the saves as a mini-Shift!

791mAP8.png

Pingohits1424745637476237

Board footer