Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-17 03:23:16

Anch

New Ways to Get Free Gems

In a world by Master1 a bunch of people were discussing some ways for new gems.
Some ideas were to complete "Map Packs" which have levels in it and you get rewarded gems based on its difficulty. There also could be themed packs with varying difficulties.
We also discussed that new users could get gems when completing the tutorial so they can buy new items quickly (let them spend them all on potions if they want //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue ).
And my idea was we could have lotteries such as donating an amount of energies and whoever wins gets a certain amount of gems based upon the energies they input.

Wooted by:

#2 2015-02-17 03:38:02

Pingohits
Banned

Re: New Ways to Get Free Gems

anch159 wrote:

Some ideas were to complete "Map Packs" which have levels in it and you get rewarded gems based on its difficulty. There also could be themed packs with varying difficulties.
We also discussed that new users could get gems when completing the tutorial so they can buy new items quickly (let them spend them all on potions if they want //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue ).
And my idea was we could have lotteries such as donating an amount of energies and whoever wins gets a certain amount of gems based upon the energies they input.

map packs=YES PLEASE I WANT IT NOW I ALSO WANT TO BE THE ONE MAKING THE MAP PACKS
tutorial=naw
lotteries=eh...it would be like magic coins though. Some guy would be winning them all with his massive stockpile of energies *glares at nou*

but map packs seem amazing. However, how would they know you beat it? And what if you already beat it? Is there going to be a special tab in the levels section that show map packs? And what about those really pro players like orangecrix and nlmdejonge? They'll be stealing those gems like no tomorrow

791mAP8.png

#3 2015-02-17 05:13:01

Onjit
Website

I support all of these. Great idea.

:.|:;

#4 2015-02-17 08:19:38, last edited by iPwner (2015-02-18 19:25:58)

iPwner
Website

anch159 wrote:

Master1? World? People? EEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW

On topic: Yea, I guess dose (don't overdo drugs, kids! ~:<>) map p4x or whateva idea that they sharted out of their ear wud be pretty coolio! Unfortunately, those "people" have TERRID taste, as they are robots. So, who knows how that would go? There would have to be community judgifix on this! ;d

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#5 2015-02-17 12:25:29

Creature

Sounds like a good idea, but:
What do you expect: Players make amazing art worlds with challenging minis.
What happens: Players make a world filled with 1x1 hookjump and thick jumps.

This is a false statement.

#6 2015-02-17 13:02:01

skullz17

Maybe have achievements as well to encourage map building. Like, get 100 plays on a level, yay you get 5 gems, now get 500 plays, you got 25 gems, etc. I guess the problem with this is that people can acc/guest bomb.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#7 2015-02-17 13:07:46

Onjit
Website

Creature wrote:

No, I think OP is saying that the devs would choose the levels for the map packs.

:.|:;

#8 2015-02-17 15:42:04

Shadow

umm..what about login everyday system where u get rewards after a week/2 week?

Wooted by:

#9 2015-02-17 20:56:23

Anch

Pingohits wrote:

And what about those really pro players like orangecrix and nlmdejonge? They'll be stealing those gems like no tomorrow

It's not a race, whenever you complete it (if you do) you get awarded those gems.

Onjit wrote:

I support all of these. Great idea.

Thanks.

iPwner wrote:

I... I'm not sure how to respond to this.

Creature wrote:

We would use worlds that are already created.
And what is a thick jump?

skullz17 wrote:

Maybe have achievements as well to encourage map building. Like, get 100 plays on a level, yay you get 5 gems, now get 500 plays, you got 25 gems, etc. I guess the problem with this is that people can acc/guest bomb.

There could be a system for having plays from different IP's, and that's a good idea.

villager wrote:

umm..what about login everyday system where u get rewards after a week/2 week?

Sounds like a good idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#10 2015-02-17 21:18:10

Pingohits
Banned

I don't support villager's idea. As a person who logs in every day, it would be super easy to get gems. Plus, gems are meant to make money for EE, so we should keep it at that.

Achievements would be a great idea, except EE would feel too much like an RPG. I played some other sandbox games before, and they were straight up to the point: build ANYTHING

Map packs are probably the idea I support the most because there a a ton of maps I haven't played yet and don't know where to find them. Also, what about the size of the maps? What happens if one of your maps gets put into a map pack? Do you get a special block or something? How many map packs would there be?

Plus, map packs need to have a theme to flow with it. If you played Geometry Dash, you would know what I mean. However, levels should have a decent size to belong in a pack. I support map packs so much I want to make a forum topic explaining all the levels that belong in what map pack.

@anch159's reply to my post: No, I mean they would be the first to get the gems. Let's say some really hard level by mustang or mihb that gives you 50 gems if you complete it; the pro players would get those gems with ease while the lesser players are still struggling with hook jumps. Plus, it wouldn't be fair because then it would loosen the gap between "Pro" and "Noob" even more, with the "Pro" being rich with gems and the "Noob" being the sand beneath the pyramid of achievement (MAN i worded that so well).

791mAP8.png

#11 2015-02-17 21:29:48

Different55
Forum Admin

Pingohits wrote:

I don't support villager's idea. As a person who logs in every day, it would be super easy to get gems. Plus, gems are meant to make money for EE, so we should keep it at that.

Achievements would be a great idea, except EE would feel too much like an RPG. I played some other sandbox games before, and they were straight up to the point: build ANYTHING

Map packs are probably the idea I support the most because there a a ton of maps I haven't played yet and don't know where to find them. Also, what about the size of the maps? What happens if one of your maps gets put into a map pack? Do you get a special block or something? How many map packs would there be?

Plus, map packs need to have a theme to flow with it. If you played Geometry Dash, you would know what I mean. However, levels should have a decent size to belong in a pack. I support map packs so much I want to make a forum topic explaining all the levels that belong in what map pack.

@anch159's reply to my post: No, I mean they would be the first to get the gems. Let's say some really hard level by mustang or mihb that gives you 50 gems if you complete it; the pro players would get those gems with ease while the lesser players are still struggling with hook jumps. Plus, it wouldn't be fair because then it would loosen the gap between "Pro" and "Noob" even more, with the "Pro" being rich with gems and the "Noob" being the sand beneath the pyramid of achievement (MAN i worded that so well).

Earning gems by sticking around could pay off in a way. If they put ads on the page, having people who return every day would kind of be sure of a little revenue.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#12 2015-02-17 21:48:54

Pingohits
Banned

Different55 wrote:
Pingohits wrote:

Earning gems by sticking around could pay off in a way. If they put ads on the page, having people who return every day would kind of be sure of a little revenue.

There are ads on everybodyedits.com? I've never seen one.

oh right, I have adblock

791mAP8.png

#13 2015-02-17 21:51:03

Creature

anch159 wrote:
Creature wrote:

7AFlNgt.png
Those annoying things.

This is a false statement.

#14 2015-02-17 21:52:00

Pingohits
Banned

Creature wrote:
anch159 wrote:
Creature wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/7AFlNgt.png
Those annoying things.

those don't really seem "thick" in my opinion. They're more "near"

I call them one-block slides, because you have to slide to get to the next brick

791mAP8.png

#15 2015-02-17 22:55:03

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

What about more rewards?

Blog supporter: For supporting the blog, you would get 1 month of Beta and 100 gems.

Game helper: For helping other player, you would get any gems based on how much people you have helped so far. Like, if you help 10 peoples, you get 5 gems. Max is 10 each day.

Map designer: For designer a map that will get a lot of woots, you would be rewarded 30 gems.

Leveler: For leveling to Magic Class 12, a max one, you would get 75 gems.

More to come.

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#16 2015-02-17 22:56:20

Pingohits
Banned

AntonioS300 wrote:

What about more rewards?

Blog supporter: For supporting the blog, you would get 1 month of Beta and 100 gems.

Game helper: For helping other player, you would get any gems based on how much people you have helped so far. Like, if you help 10 peoples, you get 5 gems. Max is 10 each day.

Map designer: For designer a map that will get a lot of woots, you would be rewarded 30 gems.

Leveler: For leveling to Magic Class 12, a max one, you would get 75 gems.

More to come.

Blog supporter? I have no idea what that means.

Game helper...how would people know you helped people?

map designer...eh....

Leveler is WAYY too OP. 3/4 of the EE community is Level 12. Maybe tune it down to 5 gems?

791mAP8.png

#17 2015-02-18 00:24:05

Grilyon2

On xmas 10 free gems

#18 2015-02-18 00:41:26

Anch

All these other ideas allow gems to be obtained really easily.
If it it, maybe we should increase the prices in the shop.

#19 2015-02-18 00:57:30

Different55
Forum Admin

Pingohits wrote:

oh right, I have adblock

Different55 wrote:

If they put ads on the page

Also if you could whitelist the sites you go on and appreciate then you would be helping them keep the doors open.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#20 2015-02-18 01:36:56

Pingohits
Banned

Different55 wrote:
Pingohits wrote:

oh right, I have adblock

Different55 wrote:

If they put ads on the page

Also if you could whitelist the sites you go on and appreciate then you would be helping them keep the doors open.

do i have a problem if i dont know what that means

how do i white-list a site

791mAP8.png

#21 2015-02-18 02:53:33

Security-Drone

Well all these ideas do seem rather good. And since I haven't had any gems so far, it does seem a bit over rewarding.

If you need to contact me, use my discord ID 319247782932119554

BillSprite2.5.pngricarcao4.pngBillSprite2.5.png

RICARCAO1

#22 2015-02-18 03:30:22

SPT

i finally bought gems
oh wait
no not this

#23 2015-02-18 15:21:14, last edited by Shadow (2015-02-18 15:21:25)

Shadow

I like the ACHIeVeMENTs  idea better than "Map packs".There can be many achievements .You cant expect a newbie to complete a level and earn gems but they can earn gems by completing  achievements depending upon the rewards.

#24 2015-02-18 17:03:15

skullz17

Pingohits wrote:

I don't know what you mean. Achievements are not an element of RPG games. Achievements are used in every genre of games, and are used to reward the player for accomplishing something in a game.

Although EE is a sandbox game, there are still some goals that are common among most, if not all players. For example, making a world, and getting lots of plays and woots. Players can be rewarded for this kind of thing.

The reward acts as an incentive to continue completing these tasks. This also helps new players who don't know where to start by encouraging and helping them to start in things like map building. It's also a measurement of progress, and seeing progress is satisfying for the player.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#25 2015-02-18 17:22:12

Pingohits
Banned

skullz17 wrote:
Pingohits wrote:

I don't know what you mean. Achievements are not an element of RPG games. Achievements are used in every genre of games, and are used to reward the player for accomplishing something in a game.

Although EE is a sandbox game, there are still some goals that are common among most, if not all players. For example, making a world, and getting lots of plays and woots. Players can be rewarded for this kind of thing.

The reward acts as an incentive to continue completing these tasks. This also helps new players who don't know where to start by encouraging and helping them to start in things like map building. It's also a measurement of progress, and seeing progress is satisfying for the player.

*2 weeks later after achievements implemented*

"JOIN MY WORLD FOR CODE"
"WOOT 4 CODE"
"HOW TO GET ACHIEVEMENTS GUYS"
"LOL IM BETTER THAN YOU I GOT ALL 100% ACHIEVEMENTS"
"HOW MANY ACHIEVEMENTS DO YOU HAVE"
"4000000 COIN ROLLERCOASTER"
"I MADE 50 EMPTY WORLDS NOW I HAVE 50 GEMS"

pls no achievements

791mAP8.png

Anch1428162536490970

Board footer