Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#126 Before February 2015

mrmario4563

Re: Tips on what NOT to do

I Just hate e jumps, the freakin stairs with the keys :rolleyes:, and the uncanny jumps from above targeting (or what it is called `_`)

#127 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

tnx 4 the tips

#128 Before February 2015

kitty45

I am going to make a level NO1 has made and not art, not boss, not stairs, not mini games, not vs zombie vs humans, red vs blue etc. not school (in beta only). So I will direct the level and I hope it is   new. So thanks everyone for posting! It supports my idea.

#129 Before February 2015

Oatmeal

>>>>>>          >>>>>>   _____          >>>>>>          >>>>>>          >>>>>>     O

ehhh... im bored of these.
( O = me)

Last edited by BloodPuff (Feb 21 2011 12:30:58 pm)

#130 Before February 2015

BlackBars

kitkatt12 wrote:

I am going to make a level NO1 has made and not art, not boss, not stairs, not mini games, not vs zombie vs humans, red vs blue etc. not school (in beta only).

AND NO BRICKS IN THE LEVEL //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#131 Before February 2015

LucasA33

I don't see why you all hate it. I hate the hook jumps, but to be honest.
Minigames arn't supposed to be easy.;
I've noticed Minigame levels to be, well. Down right annoying.

I've invinted the Tarzan in my latest level, Life Simulator.

_____________________________   ^  ^  ^  ^  ^ ^ ^   ^    ^    ^                      B  B  B  B  B  B  B  B    B     B    B

Its where you have to jump in a tight 2 space where you jump over gaps over 3 spaces. You grab the ^ gravity in the center and lock onto it.
It may be annoying, but Damn does it create a challange where its harder to get the coin //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#132 Before February 2015

calvinjliao

meh. even when posted, everything here is still overused

#133 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

Minigames are supposed to be fun. But they aren't when they are overused, they just get very annoying. Also cheap tricks aren't fun either ex:

>  >  > B  B  B

#134 Before February 2015

primo

1 thing i sure don't like are probally boxed up you know like 999 minigames kinda thing its easy and like not a challenge but im trying to make a lvl its called the floating islands //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue give me some feed back

#135 Before February 2015

Bobithan

ilyas3d wrote:

^ And yet you still got halfway through. I would have just left.

I needed to get in a good position for the screenshot xD

aka towwl

#136 Before February 2015

Tudoreleuu

Hey, I made a level, playable art, but the thing is, I don't know what games I could use. So far, I've hidden minigames in the landscape with black blocks and water, but these minigames are ooold.... Any ideas?

#137 Before February 2015

TOPJ

Purefear wrote:

ok who else hates random blocks everywhere and you have to find the perfect way to go to find your way to top

Oops, put that in one of my levels, sorry

#138 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Don't do it again //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink jk

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#139 Before February 2015

TOPJ

TakoMan02 wrote:

I can rarely do one, yet alone 2 in a row. I think your chances of finding a wizard magic coin are higher.

true

#140 Before February 2015

c1231

Don't make Humans vs. Zombies, there's a gazillion of those, and nobody plays by the rules.

#141 Before February 2015

c1231

seriously overused.

>>    << >>    << >>    <<     you

#142 Before February 2015

Betaguy

But godruns are fun, I made one 1 year ago, but only 1 played, so I didnt made it anymore... But later someone had taken my idea and chanced the name from Escape troller to Run from gods :/

U guys says almost every minigame is hard here, so what is the point if all minigames are annoying...

DO NOT PUT FAKE CODES, I hate them, thats way I always give ppl code. If u dont want to give them code, dont put a fake one, just dont put code at all.

Last edited by Betaguy (Mar 9 2011 9:18:26 am)

#143 Before February 2015

Delros

Code:

______ - - - - -l____-_-----------

#144 Before February 2015

Delros

Noob Crown >:(
Code:
                                         -|______ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
                                         -|................................................------------------- B B B B B
                                         -|
                                         -|
                                      _-|
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Last edited by Delros (Mar 10 2011 3:14:34 pm)

#145 Before February 2015

simsands

One thing I truly hate is when the creator starts removing/adding blocks, clearing paths et cetera the moment you don't beat a part of the level the first few tries. I'm sure that's just me and I usually don't let myself get bothered. I just keep on playing the level without taking the shortcut. But sometimes when I'm in a bad mood or when the creator tries to force me past the room, I quit.

Oh, this I also hate

B
B
B
B^
BBBBB

#146 Before February 2015

posion

don't you hate it when there's fully black blocks and secret passages, or your playing run from the gods and the trap you get trapped by secret passages. thats just plain cruel.

#147 Before February 2015

BunnySMG

.   B    .   B    .   B

Antigravity plus hook jump plus no wall? All in the same challenge? OMG I WANT TO KILL MYSELF!!! I was in a level that had about ten of these in a row. I managed to get past it just to get to a place with fall through keyblock stairs with hook jumps at the end of each flight. Eight flights worth. I got as high as seven once before falling to the bottom and ragequitting.

#148 Before February 2015

code_man4000

What not to do with doors and keys(in no particular order):

1) Have one part of your level dependent on doors that are closed(solid), then have a different section dependent on gates that are closed(solid) of the same key.

2) Having minis of varying difficulty use nothing but doors, and have a key after each. In other words, having a quick to beat mini that uses blue door, with a key following it, then have a longer mini that has no safe points, that uses blue doors.

3) Making an entire world out of blue door minis(blue key after almost every mini), with green doors and arrows under each mini, and at the end of the level have a green key. When the green key is pressed, everybody returns to the start of the level.

4) Have your keys in a position where they can be spammed.

5) Stairs, Stairs, and more Stairs(even mini-stairs) please don't make these out of doors when in combination with other minis.(see number 2) Stairs are still annoying when made out of normal blocks, but not as annoying as ones using keys and doors.

6)While on the subject of stairs, if you're so possessed to make stairs don't use multiple keys on the drop after the stairs, this is one of the more annoying things I've seen

7) Gravity dot on top of a door with several keys of the same color in the level.(see number 3) I have only seen this once in a world,   it is passable but still really annoying.

What not to do with Secret Passages(again in no particular order):

1) Mazes. I have seen several good maze levels using secret passages, however, most tend to fail.

2) Hook-Jumps. Hook-jumps are bad enough by themselves, but when the number of hook-jumps are unknown(either up or to the side), it is typically frustrating and annoying

3) Invisible jumps. This is where I really get annoyed, having to jump when I don't know where the next jump is, and I have to start over after every fall.

4) Baiting players with crowns surrounded by invisible blocks, this is annoying and really fails in my opinion. Example of when this is acceptable: when using the secret passages to block off crowns(or keys) in art.

5) Lines of secret blocks with a single block opening in each line.

6) Having one block of secret passage with the other type beside or under it.

Other nuances I have(in no particular order):

1) Gravity dot mazes.

2) Game sprites, smilies, and copied/common pixel art

3) Repetitive minis.

4) No flow of difficulty in a world (an extremely easy mini followed by a random extremely hard mini followed by an easy mini and ect.)

5) Stairs (any type)

6) Box minis(I still play them though =/)

7) Roller-Coasters (Fun to make, crappy to ride, in most cases)

8) Elevators (only if they are in excess in a level)

9) Stairs

10) Hook jumps

11) Pixel perfect jumps (landing on the side of a block with an arrow on it)

12) Traps(the inescapable kind)

13) Suicide coins, especially on levels with coin doors. In other words, don't make me restart the mini 5 times because I need 5 coins to get past your coin door.

14) Diagonal gravity dots; gravity dots that go up, or down, in a 1x1 gradient.

15) Trolls

16) Door dependent level, a level with a bunch of doors and a bunch of keys (of the same color)

17) Spammable keys/crowns

18) "to code" levels, with real, fake, or erased codes

I will provide picture examples per request.

This is all I can think of at the moment, if I think of more later, I'll add them to my list.

Last edited by code_man4000 (Mar 15 2011 2:32:56 pm)

#149 Before February 2015

c1231

BunnySMG wrote:
  .   B    .   B    .   B

Antigravity plus hook jump plus no wall? All in the same challenge? OMG I WANT TO KILL MYSELF!!! I was in a level that had about ten of these in a row. I managed to get past it just to get to a place with fall through keyblock stairs with hook jumps at the end of each flight. Eight flights worth. I got as high as seven once before falling to the bottom and ragequitting.

EZ way: hold SPACE and alternate holding LEFT and RIGHT and that should do it.:cool:

#150 Before February 2015

c1231

code_man4000 wrote:

7) Roller-Coasters (Fun to make, crappy to ride, in most cases)

What's a Roller-Coaster?

I'm not sure, but I think it's like those automatic thingys with arrows everywhere.

Sai 1423488947472485

Board footer