Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Re: Tips on what NOT to do

These are hard for me. Y'know, where you have to climb up by zooming side to side.

>>>>>>>>>>>>      <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>      <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>      <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>      <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>      <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>      <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>      <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>      <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>      <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>      <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Really annoying.

Plus I hate the levels, where have to drop from a great distance and land in this little tiny whole with the   ^   arrows in it. I just leave the level after irritation.

Last edited by Shy Guy (Aug 14 2010 12:31:27 pm)

#27 Before February 2015

Ciro

___________ .  .  .  .  .

This is annoying too.

Last edited by Ciro (Aug 15 2010 8:43:38 am)

#28 Before February 2015

Silverflash-x

The frustrating thing is coming up with something unique, and then having people take it and run it into the ground until people hate it. =/

#29 Before February 2015

Dilz

Worst of all is saying that you get the code at the end and then not getting it. Also mini-game worlds.

#30 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Dilz wrote:

Worst of all is saying that you get the code at the end and then not getting it. Also mini-game worlds.

I had enough minigame worlds. They're all the same.

#31 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Silverflash-x wrote:

The frustrating thing is coming up with something unique, and then having people take it and run it into the ground until people hate it. =/

Very true. That's why you have to make it easy enough so people don't rage quit on a single challenge.

#32 Before February 2015

pimanrules

Dilz wrote:

Also mini-game worlds.

As repetitive as minigame worlds may be, I really hate themed or open ended worlds where it's easy to accidentally fall back to the previous puzzle/challenge/game.

#33 Before February 2015

Zap

This is hard/

#34 Before February 2015

Balinding

How about when the creator makes a stage with keys you have to jump through.

AND THEN, the key is at the end and people spam them just to irritate you.

#35 Before February 2015

Google

Had enough of minigame worlds? I've almost had enough of this whole game with every good unique map crashing and all the boring same old stair,boss and the same old unoriginal levels filled with everything above ^ that won't go away...
Sigh...

#36 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Monotony of design is the biggest issue I'm seeing these days.

#37 Before February 2015

mustang

Cyclone wrote:

Monotony of design is the biggest issue I'm seeing these days.

Google wrote:

Had enough of minigame worlds? I've almost had enough of this whole game with every good unique map crashing and all the boring same old stair,boss and the same old unoriginal levels filled with everything above ^ that won't go away...
Sigh...

Fortunately our next map, Fall of Zeal, will be released tomorrow to break the monotony and minigame rut. We're putting as much time as possible into it before it's released to ensure the quality is high, and to ensure the map is not as difficult as some of our previous ones. If you find it too easy, there will be very hard bonus rooms at the end for an extra challenge.

#38 Before February 2015

Zap

If everyone actually thought about their work, then we wouldnt have this problem. Even the crew I'm part of I'm annoyed about because our leader makes things up quick.

#39 Before February 2015

Silverflash-x

Zap wrote:

If everyone actually thought about their work, then we wouldnt have this problem. Even the crew I'm part of I'm annoyed about because our leader makes things up quick.

Exactly. I wanted to help with that one level because I was already seeing problems with what you guys had: for the most part, it was derivative and unoriginal. I think until you guys stop making minigame levels it's going to be very hard to get a unique feel.

#40 Before February 2015

PlasmaVirus

I hate it when people make locked levels with the code in the title. It always ends up with everyone block-spamming the level with god-mode anyway. Same thing usually happens when people give out codes at the end of their levels. The noobs who beat it will go on a rampage and ruin the level anyway. So why bother?

#41 Before February 2015

mustang

Zap wrote:

Yes, that's definitely a common problem. Creators and groups need to take it slow and plan out levels to avoid simply reusing the same challenges and designs over and over.

Once saving become implemented I imagine this will be less of a problem in the future, since the threat of a map crash can force creators to move fast.

Still, a short but original map is IMO better than a large but unoriginal one if you pressed for time, so I hope you can convince your leader to let you guys experiment and become more creative.

#42 Before February 2015

Mephit

I love minigames. I really love them when you need to do more than just jump, like, activate keys, something to interact player to other players.

I hate when a room don't have "checkpoints" and u need to do all from start again.

#43 Before February 2015

lapfuwong

hey whats important is that you dont do it.

#44 Before February 2015

Insuevi

_______________ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That's one block in height, so you have no jumping room and basically have to "slide" across to the next block.

Also, 1px jump pipes:

................... ^                 ^ ^                 ^ ^                 ^ ^     <<   >>     ^ ^       |^|       ^ ^<<<<<<<|^|>>>>>>>^

And the ground-arrow-jump-boost to get over a wall, which really irritates me if there's a ton in succession:

___       |       |       | _____^|

Last edited by Insuevi (Aug 27 2010 9:35:10 pm)

#45 Before February 2015

Nin10mode

I for one don't mind a few overused tricks and gimmicks as long as it isn't used excessively in a single level. (Spread them out a little, guys! Really!)

Mephit wrote:

I hate when a room don't have "checkpoints" and u need to do all from start again.

Ah yes. That is my one pet peeve for this game. Like when you have to climb through half the map, fall, and end up on the bottom again. That's why I think arrows should be used as a way to stop you from plummeting to the ground like so:

B                         B                                         B                         BB         ^^^^^BBB ^^^^^^^^^^^^        ^^^^^    ^^^^^^^^^^^                  B           B     BB  BB          GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

G for ground. (I randomly made that. It's not supposed to look masterful.)

Last edited by Nin10mode (Aug 27 2010 12:40:44 am)

#46 Before February 2015

Jomo3x

AH i see , most of people who write there hate only hard levels , lol

#47 Before February 2015

editman123

yah I hate those EVIL jumps!:mad::(

#48 Before February 2015

Tannn3r

A level with all minigames is just a waste of time. In one level I played, the used the same minigames over and over and over. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#49 Before February 2015

Fireheart

This is one thing that grinds my geers.

When at the end of a level, they put 6 keyholes with all different colors so it takes like half an hour to get past.

#50 Before February 2015

me

this one
.              . . .
.<<<<<<<<<<<
I hates them.Just hates them

Sai 1423488947472485

Board footer