Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 Before February 2015

Dominator

Re: What's your religion?

I don't have one,but I believe in god.

#52 Before February 2015

Alex

Dominator wrote:

I don't have one,but I believe in god.

that's called agnostic, bro.

#53 Before February 2015

InconspicuousBarrel

AZarlak wrote:
InconspicuousBarrel wrote:

I think AZarlak is right. However the quote is partially logically flawed; a religious man can be good simply for the sake of being good, not just to get into heaven or something.

Yes, but if a non-religious man does it it is always for the sake of being good.

It usually is, I'd guess. One of the reasons morality is (I think) hard-wired into our brains is because it helps humanity as a whole. If everybody was murdering each other I'd doubt humanity would ever become very successful.

#54 Before February 2015

Cola1

Don't have one but I believe my heaven will be like Everybody Edits and I will be a smiley

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#55 Before February 2015

Flare

.. if you believe in heaven, you believe in God, at least in my logic.

So, you're agnostic, considering you don't have a religion but you believe.

#56 Before February 2015

Ciro

Atheist. But I respect religious people, except fanatics.

#57 Before February 2015

Flare

Ciro wrote:

Atheist. But I respect religious people, except fanatics.

^

Exactly. I hate it when people are like:

Some Insane Homeless Man wrote:

You non-believer! God shall smite you, and you will spend your days in Hell! God is the answer to everything! You're an idiot for not believing!

Etcetera. Alright, you have your religion, I have mine, don't judge people for what they believe in.

#58 Before February 2015

J&B+T

I'm atheist, and I'm surprised there are so many atheists. I thought the majority of people were Christian

#59 Before February 2015

Alex

J&B+T wrote:

I'm atheist, and I'm surprised there are so many atheists. I thought the majority of people were Christian

the same people are too ignorant to use technology.

Last edited by alex (Oct 17 2010 4:51:51 pm)

#60 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Alex, I suggest you refrain from bashing a religion.   This is your only warning.

#61 Before February 2015

Alex

Rurigok wrote:

Alex, I suggest you refrain from bashing a religion.   This is your only warning.

It was a logical bash, though, ruri.

Think of all the Amish communities, or all the peoples who's conservative take on religion match their conservative disuse of technology. Think about all the followers of islam in scattered parts of the world that are quite undeveloped.

However rude my statement may have been, its generally true that a large denomination of Christians don't use much technology, so, although there is a majority of religious people on earth, a multitude of them aren't online.

#62 Before February 2015

J&B+T

alex wrote:
Rurigok wrote:

It was a logical bash, though, ruri.

Think of all the Amish communities, or all the peoples who's conservative take on religion match their conservative disuse of technology. Think about all the followers of islam in scattered parts of the world that are quite undeveloped.

However rude my statement may have been, its generally true that a large denomination of Christians don't use much technology, so, although there is a majority of religious people on earth, a multitude of them aren't online.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaat?

Pretty much every Christian I know uses technology. In fact, Christianity has 24,129 likes on Facebook compared to 16,436 likes for Atheism. It's pretty clear that Christians use the internet. And the reason why the "scattered followers of Islam" are undeveloped would probably be because they're in an undeveloped part of the world. You're extremely ignorant, and Amish is pretty much the only religion that doesn't use technology on purpose.

Why do people like you have to represent my religion?

#63 Before February 2015

Alex

J&B+T wrote:

Pretty much every Christian I know uses technology.

Because you know the entire world? Good job with that one.

In fact, Christianity has 24,129 likes on Facebook compared to 16,436 likes for Atheism.

Good job stating something vaguely related to the topic.

It's pretty clear that Christians use the internet.

I never said they didn't, I said there are a lot of people with conservative takes on religion who share the same beliefs with technology, the obnoxious 'ain't broke; don't fix it' philosophy applies here.

And the reason why the "scattered followers of Islam" are undeveloped would probably be because they're in an undeveloped part of the world.

Have you ever herped so hard you derped? Both my posts are directed at this post: "I'm atheist, and I'm surprised there are so many atheists. I thought the majority of people were Christian" I was elaborating the the majority of people are religious, but a large number of them use little technology of them(and thus why there would be many atheists on this board)

You're extremely ignorant

Nice flame, dude, not only have you proved your incompetence, but you've also made an **** out of yourself. You also manged to break a rule in there, good job.

Amish is pretty much the only religion that doesn't use technology on purpose

As stated above many religious people(and by extension religious communities) may not intentionally say "no technology", but it surly is absent to said communities.

Why do people like you have to represent my religion?

...What? How do I, in any way, shape, or form, represent athiesm? I'm some 16 year old kid trying to make sense out of life and in no way represent anything.

Seriously, good job being a total arrogant, presumptuous prick on your fourth post at a forum.
(on a somewhat less negative note; I'm glad someone on this forum could actually make a decently worded argument, however rude you were, if you manage to get the negativity out of your system, you could be a decent part of the community! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile)
/inb4:tl;dr

Last edited by alex (Oct 17 2010 7:48:48 pm)

#64 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Alright, this topic has gone on long enough; closed.

The topic was just meant to ask what your religion was, not to discuss them.

Watashii 1423490714470718

Board footer