Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

ckjr

Re: New Chat Update.

'Parental Controls' dont even exist is ALL the online games i know, until EE came lol. You know, all of those websites, lets anyone register easily without much hassle (thats right! even small kids.), giving them full access to the games itself.

I know that a mere cent is indeed a small price to pay to chat, but think of those who don't have credit card. >_>. Like me. Yes, i got my friend to buy a beta account for me.

Plus, like kaosslasher said, you can never know how old those people who have credit cards actually are. Now that's a major loophole. In Youtube, i certified that i was over 18 years of age just by changing the year i was born in the registration page lol. It seems almost as if they wanted people to watch inappropriate content and other weird stuff.

#27 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Ok... I think that people are overreacting.... I mean Chris has come this far with us, and then he hasn't let us down yet! I mean he has been trying for over a year to make this game fun! Don't like turn on him after just a little thing....
I don't personally like it, but i would be sad to see EE lose a lot of players over this update.... Just wait it out!

#28 Before February 2015, last edited by Processor (2016-11-27 23:45:45)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Maybe you don't realize how fantastic this idea is working.
With the exception of Zidney, all of you can't pay a cent because you don't have a credit/debit card or whatever.
I asked my dad for the one cent and ofc being the weirdo he is he said no, but then again I didn't really say anything that it was for chat blah blah. But due to a nice and kind person I have chat.
Parents don't want to pay, then you're SOL, that's the point.

<snip>

In fact, if I recall correctly, people were cussing back in fifth grade. =_= [I was one of them, lululululul.]
Some people however are sensitive to naughty things. So chat's disabled unless your parents approve, or unless you have a gift card or something yourself.

ckjr wrote:

'Parental Controls' dont even exist is ALL the online games i know, until EE came lol. You know, all of those websites, lets anyone register easily without much hassle (thats right! even small kids.), giving them full access to the games itself.

I know that a mere cent is indeed a small price to pay to chat, but think of those who don't have credit card. >_>. Like me. Yes, i got my friend to buy a beta account for me.

Plus, like kaosslasher said, you can never know how old those people who have credit cards actually are. Now that's a major loophole. In Youtube, i certified that i was over 18 years of age just by changing the year i was born in the registration page lol. It seems almost as if they wanted people to watch inappropriate content and other weird stuff.

Have you ever heard of world of warcraft?
Or Wii?
There's even parental controls on the computer itself. ~_~

Last edited by Zoey2070 (Dec 14 2010 6:09:57 pm)

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#29 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

yeah but my wii code is 1111 'xD ahahha... but yes if this keeps up for more than a month well ... yeah.

#30 Before February 2015

Tannn3r

I'm actually fine with it, since it means there will be less spamming and whatnot on the chat.

#31 Before February 2015

ivel236

Wow... The number of chat sites and games with chat is endless... And yet everybody edits is going to be the only site that prevents kids from chating? If parents really dont want their kids hearing bad words, they shouldent let them go on the internet AT ALL.

also, why not just have a disable chat button, the parent will enter a password so it cant be enabled again without that password. If a parent is really that conserned they can go disable it.

MEANWHILE EVERYONE BOYCOTT EE UNTILL WE GET CHAT BACK!
I mean it... We need to get chat back before its to late...

Last edited by ivel236 (Dec 15 2010 7:39:02 pm)

#32 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

ivel236 wrote:

Wow... The number of chat sites and games with chat is endless... And yet everybody edits is going to be the only site that prevents kids from chating? If parents really dont want their kids hearing bad words, they shouldent let them go on the internet AT ALL.

also, why not just have a disable chat button, the parent will enter a password so it cant be enabled again without that password. If a parent is really that conserned they can go disable it.

ps: chris can shove his "sorry smiley" UP HIS ???!

Although I love your protest, I think Cyclone's finger is twitching on the ban button. Just Saying.

Last edited by Shy Guy (Dec 15 2010 6:30:07 pm)

#33 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Hah lol do it cyclone lolz //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#34 Before February 2015

ivel236

Shy Guy wrote:
ivel236 wrote:

ps: chris can shove his "sorry smiley" UP HIS ???!

Although I love your protest, I think Cyclone's finger is twitching on the ban button. Just Saying.

Although i love EE, being banned wouldent be to bad... i can live without EE, the EE without chat! lol

Also this fourm isnt cyclones is it?

Maby im overeacting, but it makes me really sad that we cant chat. I got beta beacuse i was expecting a chat and now its taken away in less than a month...

Last edited by ivel236 (Dec 15 2010 7:57:53 pm)

#35 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

I'm starting to think differently about the chat update though. I mean, we can complain about it all we want, but really, it's Chris's game. If he wants to appeal to younger kids, then he can if he wants to. If he wants to make the parents accept his game too by making it more friendly, then go on ahead Chris. I support your idea, though you might still want to work on the curse words that people draw in a level. Plus everyone here is impatient too, Chris is probably resolving the chat to if he likes to keep most of his players. Like I said about a month ago, "Designing a game isn't exactly a cakewalk down easy street."

Last edited by Shy Guy (Dec 15 2010 9:15:18 pm)

#36 Before February 2015

Shesiressu

crap. ONLY crap. Yes, crap. Nothing other as ONLY ONLY crap. (Really crap) ...

WHY * DISABLE CHAT IN BETA? Look, we paid for it ... so we are usually 18 years old too, isn't it?

#37 Before February 2015

Cola1

^ Spam, ONLY SPAM. Yes, SPAM. Nothing other as ONLY ONLY SPAM. (Really Spam) ...

That is a real big amount of spam. (-.-')

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#38 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Hahahah!! Lol!! But, now don't get me wrong, but, if u are over 18, shouldn't u be more ..   Understanding??   but like maybe Chris was thinking that he has such a large audience of young people that the older oneswould understand, and I don't know, suck it up... Cuz they shud be more..... Mature? Am I right? Lol and he is doing his best to make the parental controls easier... Now I'm only 14, and I can deAl with this update.... So.. Give Chris a break!!!

#39 Before February 2015

Shesiressu

Cola, that's not spam. Whatever, now i deactivated REPUTATION.

Last edited by Shesiressu (Dec 16 2010 5:39:59 am)

#40 Before February 2015

ivel236

Yes good point shy guy, it is his game and he does what he wants. We should be grateful for haveing any game as great as his, better than no game at all.

But really? chris is going to be the only good guy? you can chat on almost every multiplayer game without ANY proof of being over 15. Im shure the creators of those games are going to get plenty of emails from parents about how their poor little kid heard a bad word //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. IS IT THE END OF THE WORLD? Im shure chris is going to get alot more emails complaining about this update...

I know its one cent but its still a hassle, i dont want to bother my parents for 1 cent...

games that have chat and you need no proof of any age:
1. platform raceing 1,2, and 3
2. The Darkness Project (TDP) 1,2, and 3
3. Runescape
4. Non-ba games
and an elndless ammout more... 1 and 2 are great games you should try em out!
This is just simply ridicules...

Ill probly beg my parents for a few days to pay the one cent and it will be agonizeing and time consuming for them and me... But i need chat... It is a necessity for multiplayer games. It allows us to work together and create great levels... Chat is like a unicorn that craps gold...

Wow...

What about all the freinds ive made that built great things with me? If they cant pay the cent   than how will we ever do anything...

CHRIS YOU JUST CANT TAKE IT AWAY!!!!! NOT LIKE THIS!!!!
You are severing freindships and other sad stuff like that!

Last edited by ivel236 (Dec 16 2010 6:10:19 pm)

#41 Before February 2015

jDodson99

Well, I think it's unanimous - Chris is a ****.

#42 Before February 2015

MaybeNot

You're forgetting the point Chris is doing it guys. He does that because some parents don't know their kids are chatting.

#43 Before February 2015

YoshisIsland

MaybeNot wrote:

You're forgetting the point Chris is doing it guys. He does that because some parents don't know their kids are chatting.

No he does it because some parents complained about their kids being in a chat with people that swear and stuff.

#44 Before February 2015

Lin Keui Swampert

You know, if I had a child, I wouldn't want them chatting online. I can see your concern. However, this is not the way to deal with this. I am an unemployed   17-year-old, and I do not have a Paypal. I can't purchase the chat. (It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad, I spent 7 hours doing surveys and watching videos to get beta mainly for the chat)

I've read everybody's opinion here, and I personally like the "pay a cent to disable chat" feature mentioned earlier. If the parent paid for the child, the parent would know the password and could get on to disable the chat. If the child spent 7 hours doing what I did, the parent should be able to notice what was going on, unless they're incredibly neglectful, which in that case they probably don't care about their kids chatting online.

I'm not going to flame anybody or tell Chris where to stick sorry smilies, I just don't think this a just way to think things over. It is effective for those whose parents don't want them chatting, but it also punishes people who are unemployed or don't have a credit card. I'm sure you'll eventually find a way to please everybody, but for now people are angry and tempers are running high. I'm just trying to be polite and rational, like AmeobaLord.

Last edited by Lin Keui Swampert (Dec 19 2010 1:29:46 pm)

#45 Before February 2015

ivel236

Well...   I found a new game that is just as fun and i can chat on. Ill still play EE because i love it! But it just wont be that much more fun //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Im not in rage anymore because i went sking in some awsome powder today and life is just priceless compared to EE. yay!!!!!!!!

BTW 250 energy till xmas decorations!!!

Kinda random but whatever //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Last edited by ivel236 (Dec 19 2010 10:04:24 pm)

#46 Before February 2015

Lin Keui Swampert

And now there's no chat for me anywhere.

I honestly don't care about Beta now, or the 7 hours I've mentioned getting it. I got it for the chat, and now that's gone. I'm just like everybody else.
Please, you know that you're going to lose a lot of people because of this update. That was why the Beta rooms didn't have as many Beta/Pro members in it as the regular rooms. Because the regular rooms had chat. Last time I was in the Beta rooms before the re-merging there were 43 people there are 1200+ in the regular rooms, and I'm positive those weren't all non-Betas.

tl;dr:   I'm a little bit upset, but from what I expect 90% of the Beta community is just ****.

#47 Before February 2015

ivel236

why is he now trying to sell us smileys we already have? like the //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile and ^_^?

oh god hes going to take them away and make us buy em back for 1 cent!!! nooooo!

#48 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

ivel236 wrote:

Yes good point shy guy, it is his game and he does what he wants. We should be grateful for haveing any game as great as his, better than no game at all.

But really? chris is going to be the only good guy? you can chat on almost every multiplayer game without ANY proof of being over 15. Im shure the creators of those games are going to get plenty of emails from parents about how their poor little kid heard a bad word //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. IS IT THE END OF THE WORLD? Im shure chris is going to get alot more emails complaining about this update...

I know its one cent but its still a hassle, i dont want to bother my parents for 1 cent...

games that have chat and you need no proof of any age:
1. platform raceing 1,2, and 3
2. The Darkness Project (TDP) 1,2, and 3
3. Runescape
4. Non-ba games
and an elndless ammout more... 1 and 2 are great games you should try em out!
This is just simply ridicules...

Ill probly beg my parents for a few days to pay the one cent and it will be agonizeing and time consuming for them and me... But i need chat... It is a necessity for multiplayer games. It allows us to work together and create great levels... Chat is like a unicorn that craps gold...

Wow...

What about all the freinds ive made that built great things with me? If they cant pay the cent   than how will we ever do anything...

CHRIS YOU JUST CANT TAKE IT AWAY!!!!! NOT LIKE THIS!!!!
You are severing freindships and other sad stuff like that!

Chris released the game, so he can modify it when he wants. And... I like PR3 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#49 Before February 2015

Lin Keui Swampert

I just lost a boss round because he gave out instructions I couldn't read...*cries*

In the blog, I left a message with my idea. It uses a combination of other ideas that should be effective if used together. I'm not sure when it'll be moderated, but hopefully you'll at least take it into consideration.

#50 Before February 2015

bliske

Shy Guy wrote:

Great. Just Great. I was loving the new chat and now I have to use tinychat again! AND TO MAKE US FEEL BETTER, HE GIVES A NEW SMILEY, OH BOY! Jesus Christ, For a freaking cent, I have to get chat back!? My parents won't let me buy anything online anymore! Can't you change up the rules a bit? Like, verifying your age in the game? Or at least have the chat on Beta and not on the regular everybodyedits.com? We payed for beta, right? That should verify that our parents are okay with it! The regular is free, which kids can play for free. Chat should only be in beta at least.

shy, i can't buy online neither, but small-raging about it isn't going to change anything, -
i do however agree with the 'confirming your age' though i don't know a possible solution, because not everyone is 18+ (im 19) but yea. i don't got a paypal or credit card, im going around asking mates from gaming, but none so far have it that i can use, but chat was good i miss it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Shy Guy 1423491281470151

Board footer