Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Machosalad

Do you remember the old Everybody Edits?

Do you remember the old days where there was no chat and everything was alot more simple? EE was alot more interesting back then.

I took this screenshot of a boss map i was hosting:
bossfight.png
This is how the old EE used to look like
I have played EE ever since //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#2 Before February 2015

Burnett

Re: Do you remember the old Everybody Edits?

Ahhhh,the old EE.I realy liekd it becouse it's my first playing of EE.And I realy liked it.But now,EE is more comfort.

#3 Before February 2015

Lopoi2

yeah it looks old

#4 Before February 2015

EDJ

Leaving your computer all day on so your room wouldnt chrash
only 6 smilies
I kinda miss it and dont miss it

Since we are talking about the old EE, does anyone remember the baconland series?
And im wondering who the creator was of a very big key map.
Something called teamwork to code?
It was made with only construction blocks and there were two paths. you had to wait for others to press the key and such.

#5 Before February 2015

Machosalad

EDJ wrote:

Since we are talking about the old EE, does anyone remember the baconland series?

I remember the baconland series! Best maps ever. Don't know who the creator is though.

#6 Before February 2015

EDJ

Machosalad wrote:
EDJ wrote:

I remember the baconland series! Best maps ever. Don't know who the creator is though.

Too bad, it went downhill after v5 though

#7 Before February 2015

Bossking

EDJ wrote:
Machosalad wrote:
EDJ wrote:

Too bad, it went downhill after v5 though

I remember when saved worlds started baconland tryed make a v6 but idk what happened

#8 Before February 2015

Nightmare

The old EE was amazing, everything was simple!!!

But I really prefer now, more blocks, more emoticons, chat!!!

The chat is the most important...

#9 Before February 2015

Nondray

I remember taking this one when I was really proud that I'd done this much work without the level being trolled //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. This was way back when anybody could edit a level and there were no passwords or user names or anything. What you see is what you get. Most of the levels then were just art because people would just make shortcuts through mazes and things and boss levels just didn't work.

Everybody Edits is much better now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue.

veryoldee.png

#10 Before February 2015

Watashii

Am I the only one who liked EE more back then than now?

#11 Before February 2015

EDJ

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FZBrrfa4W4[/youtube]
Those levels were so freaking fantastic, animation is probably one of the biggest shortcomings for the new game

#12 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

I remember the days when EE wasn't even called Everybody Edits... It was called Multiplayer Platformworld! There was no Lobby! The minimap was just called Map! All the blocks were placed on one part of the bar! The anti-gravity dots were bigger! The physics were worse! And of course, it had the black block glitch.

Last edited by Krazyman50 (Jan 25 2011 9:11:53 am)

#13 Before February 2015

kingjamstar

EDJ wrote:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FZBrrfa4W4[/youtube]
Those levels were so freaking fantastic, animation is probably one of the biggest shortcomings for the new game

what screen recorder did you use?

#14 Before February 2015

nih

So my narcissism got the best of me, thus I decided to google my old EE creations.

I honestly didn't think people would still be talking about Baconland this long after I made them. The drop in quality after V5 could be explained by the fact that I stopped making levels after that one.

Might give EE a try now as it's been quite a while since the last time. Heck, I didn't even get to try out the ability to save my maps.

#15 Before February 2015

Randomdude

I remembered I first started playing EE whe it was v3.
Remembering that i used the name 'anonymous:|'.
Remembering that some peeps wanted 5 helpers and end up getting the level trolled.(i think theres still such peeps).
Remembering the old days...

#16 Before February 2015

Lin Keui Swampert

I believe someone showed me the old version and I played it for about a day.

I remembered it recently (a couple months ago) and got hooked with all of the new stuff. I don't think I would've bought Beta if I got hooked the first time.

#17 Before February 2015

BillyP

Nondray wrote:

I remember taking this one when I was really proud that I'd done this much work without the level being trolled //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. This was way back when anybody could edit a level and there were no passwords or user names or anything. What you see is what you get. Most of the levels then were just art because people would just make shortcuts through mazes and things and boss levels just didn't work.

Everybody Edits is much better now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4767/veryoldee.png

This is the version I played when starting out. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#18 Before February 2015

mustang

Considering the physics have been fixed, I can no longer say EE was better back then. The only ability I miss is how fast you could upload a map using WPE before the block limit was instituted. Aside from that, chat, new blocks, coin doors, secret bricks, better physics, permanent saves, and different sized maps have made EE better.

Also, almost all the EX Crew maps are from this older time, although we were thankfully able to save most using a custom saver and animator.

Last edited by mustang (Feb 12 2011 12:33:09 am)

#19 Before February 2015

narutovsdbz

Good times. Gooood times:cool:....

#20 Before February 2015

Madmadness65

For some reason, I loved the old EE. First off, all there was was one open room then it went to a few rows of open rooms (aka EE 0.5). Then when EE 0.6 came out, it introduced naming your rooms and even locking them with a code. At the beginning of EE 0.6, I was so happy about all the new stuff. As far as level series' go, I seen the "flashback" series (first in locked rooms, then got into open ones), Baconland (as mentioned), and Trap Rooms (later renamed to bosses). This version gave many big, new features to EE, as of little ones too. Now, EE 0.7 was called "Production Hell", as tons of new updates were added, mainly the Smiley Package, the first non-free thing on EE, halfway through 0.7. This introduced new blocks (hazard, keys, locks, gates, crown, coins, new black, grass, two new bricks), new interface (the bar at the bottom of the screen), god mode, and tons of minor updates. 0.7 was a big update time, yet one of the lesser known ones. EE 0.8 can be remember greatly, though. This introduced Beta, and tons of updates for it (sadly, free didn't get as much updates as it did). Beta was introduced the Smiley Package + full beta access, 6 new bricks, mute button, fullscreen, and saved worlds. Bug/glitch/issue fixes were done many times here. Either late 0.8 or early 0.9 added Beta-only saved rooms, chat, Energy/Gem shop, and additions to the Shop. EE 0.9 is still out (0.9.1.0 for Free, 0.9.1.5 for Beta), and lots of updates, even though we are still shortly into 0.9. We have gotten many shop additions (these include: Spawn Points, varing sizes of saved rooms, smileys (Fan Smiley needs to be sent by REAL mail), Coin Doors, fully black block, factory pack, and secret passages. There was limited stuff like: Santa, X-mas decors (not bundled)and New Years Smiley + decors (bundled). In-game, you were allowed to draw on walls in saved worlds, use commands via chatting (I dont remember if this was added in 0.8 or 0.9, please remind me if you remember. Also, there is a bug where you can still kick yourself), and Magic can be earned (First off, only by yellow coins, and second, they give you a set amount of extra energy or very rarely, a wizard.). Ever since magic was made, for about a month, afk/coin regenerators became a huge hit. Many famous minigames, bosses, and art rooms got deserted because of this. Imagine, EE went all the way from being a simple test ground to being one of the best multiplayer games. Also, all of this (And more!)started in April 2010 and is still going great in February 2011.

Well, I can ramble on sometimes (As just seen here XD), but EE is very young, yet very mature. It will go on for a long time (At least I hope so), and we will be expecting much more updates in the near future!

Always remember when Everybody Edits used to average over 1,000 players a day...
Those were the days...

#21 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

good times... good times...   I kinda liked the old UI because we had the fully black block without energy and non-transparent

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#22 Before February 2015

Echo!

Ahh I remember that :-)..

#23 Before February 2015

bumpy dominator crush

i hate old ee i cant go to lobby and black block dont work also its my birthday!:D

#24 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

Question: How did people create those animated levels :O ? I saw one,it was From Ex or Mx crew...

#25 Before February 2015

IC-1101_98

I remember! I went to that boss, and won! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile lol I still think it's better now, but it was A LOT simpler back then... I miss it thought...

Machosalad 1423493953467479

Board footer