Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

THE END

Yes, THE END. There has been a rumor that the world will end on December 21st, 2012. With only twelve minutes, I will make a big emotional post. Let's get started.

As a note before reading more about THE END, I will interrupt you with a Christian message about being saved and the story. Yes, I'm Christian. (Credit to this for a quick writing.

This Christmas story gives a biblical account of the events surrounding the birth of Jesus Christ. The Christmas story is paraphrased from the New Testament books of Matthew and Luke in the Bible.
References:
Matthew 1:18-25; Matthew 2:1-12; Luke 1:26-38; Luke 2:1-20.

Mary, a virgin, was living in Galilee of Nazareth and was engaged to be married to Joseph, a Jewish carpenter. An angel visited her and explained to her that she would conceive a son by the power of the Holy Spirit. She would carry and give birth to this child and she would name him Jesus.

At first Mary was afraid and troubled by the angel's words. Being a virgin, Mary questioned the angel, "How will this be?" The angel explained that the child would be God's own Son and, therefore, "nothing is impossible with God." Humbled and in awe, Mary believed the angel of the Lord and rejoiced in God her Savior.

Surely Mary reflected with wonder on the words found in Isaiah 7:14 foretelling this event, "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel." (NIV)
The Birth of Jesus:
While Mary was still engaged to Joseph, she miraculously became pregnant through the Holy Spirit, as foretold to her by the angel. When Mary told Joseph she was pregnant, he had every right to feel disgraced. He knew the child was not his own, and Mary's apparent unfaithfulness carried a grave social stigma. Joseph not only had the right to divorce Mary, under Jewish law she could be put to death by stoning.

Although Joseph's initial reaction was to break the engagement, the appropriate thing for a righteous man to do, he treated Mary with extreme kindness. He did not want to cause her further shame, so he decided to act quietly. But God sent an angel to Joseph in a dream to verify Mary's story and reassure him that his marriage to her was God's will. The angel explained that the child within Mary was conceived by the Holy Spirit, that his name would be Jesus and that he was the Messiah, God with us.

When Joseph woke from his dream, he willingly obeyed God and took Mary home to be his wife, in spite of the public humiliation he would face. Perhaps this noble quality is one of the reasons God chose him to be the Messiah's earthly father.

Joseph too must have wondered in awe as he remembered the words found in Isaiah 7:14, "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel." (NIV)

At that time, Caesar Augustus decreed that a census be taken, and every person in the entire Roman world had to go to his own town to register. Joseph, being of the line of David, was required to go to Bethlehem to register with Mary. While in Bethlehem, Mary gave birth to Jesus. Probably due to the census, the inn was too crowded, and Mary gave birth in a crude stable. She wrapped the baby in cloths and placed him in a manger.

Out in the fields, an angel of the Lord appeared to the shepherds who were tending their flocks of sheep by night. The angel announced that the Savior had been born in the town of David. Suddenly a great host of heavenly beings appeared with the angels and began singing praises to God. As the angelic beings departed, the shepherds decided to travel to Bethlehem and see the Christ-child.

There they found Mary, Joseph and the baby, in the stable. After their visit, they began to spread the word about this amazing child and everything the angel had said about him. They went on their way still praising and glorifying God. But Mary kept quiet, treasuring their words and pondering them in her heart. It must have been beyond her ability to grasp, that sleeping in her arms?the tender child she had just borne?was the Savior of the world.

After Jesus' birth, Herod was king of Judea. At this time wise men (Magi) from the east saw a star, they came in search, knowing the star signified the birth of the king of the Jews. The wise men came to the Jewish rulers in Jerusalem and asked where the Christ was to be born. The rulers explained, "In Bethlehem in Judea," referring to Micah 5:2. Herod secretly met with the Magi and asked them to report back after they had found the child. Herod told the Magi that he too wanted to go and worship the babe. But secretly Herod was plotting to kill the child.

So the wise men continued to follow the star in search of the new born king and found Jesus with his mother in Bethlehem. (Most likely Jesus was already two years of age by this time.) They bowed and worshipped him, offering treasures of gold, incense, and myrrh. When they left, they did not return to Herod. They had been warned in a dream of his plot to destroy the child.

------------------------------------------------
(Note: This is Jesus later, as an adult, and His death. Credit to this page for the quick story.)

Jewish leaders wanted to kill Jesus. They accused him of blasphemy, and had Jesus arrested.
    A Roman governor named Pilate tried Jesus. He wanted to release Jesus. But when the Jews threatened to riot, Pilate condemned Jesus to death on a cross.

Jesus was sentenced to death by crucifixion. He was beaten by Roman soldiers, scourged, stripped, and nailed to a cross. He was crucified between two robbers, and died.

His body was placed in the new tomb of a rich man named Joseph of Arimathea. Jesus had promised the disciples he would come back after he died. His enemies knew this. So, to prevent anyone from stealing the body, they had soldiers guard the tomb of Jesus.

On the third day after Jesus died, an angel descended, and the soldiers fled. The disciples came and found an empty tomb. Jesus had risen from the dead!
    He later appeared to many believers, commanding them to teach and baptize others.

I ask you to get saved, before the possible end. I also ask you to spread the word, thanks.

I have a few sedonds, cbye
(I had a few seconds, so here's an edit, four minutes later.)

I really liked you guys and gals, and I wish you a farewell. I half-loved some of you people. Good night, possibly last night.

Last edited by N1KF (Dec 21 2012 12:04:01 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Undead04

Re: THE END

1:09 am and nobody is dead.
I'm glad that after today none of this will exist, and I can go slap those people that did believe it with a calender that has Dec 21st crossed out. :u
More importantly, off-topic will have better things to discuss.

Last edited by Undead04 (Dec 21 2012 12:12:13 am)

#3 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Supposedly it's at 5 AM, and we have different time zones. Also, does anything or anybody promise it will/happen within the first hour, if it does come?

#4 Before February 2015

Undead04

I will edit this post at 12:01 AM, on December 22nd. And at my time zone, its now 3:48 AM.

#5 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Guys, guys, guys. The world will not end. There has been no possiblity of it happening, and no reason for it to happen.

I visited Chichen Itza during 2010, and many of the questions asked were "OMG is the world really gonna end?!".

Well, it wasn't predicted the world would end. The Mayans predicted the beginning of a new era for the world, but not one regarding apocalyptic destruction.

Well when you read that, you wonder "Well then why did everyone say it was going to end???".

Factor in the media and people preying on other people's fear. Both disgust me, and both had a reason to twist it's words and cover the main idea of the Mayans.

I never for once thought the world was going to end. In fact, there were several times when people thought the world was going to end, a few in the 1900s and a rapture earlier this year. It never did.

So stop being so scared and not worry about what happens. I guarantee you all the world will still be here tomorrow.

As for quoting the bible, it sort of feels you're pushing it down our unwilling throats, so you should get rid of it.

Last edited by Arceus64 (Dec 21 2012 7:30:57 am)

#6 Before February 2015

Awesomenessgood

Well at MY country, its just 9:57pm.

lunchbox

#7 Before February 2015

sirmentio

Blame the trolls.

#8 Before February 2015

Awesomenessgood