Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#626 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Re: The first Everybody Edits event ever: NEW YEARS 2011!

Super_Luigi wrote:

I have no opinion on what will win, just that ours will survive the judging round.   After all, the art is great, and the minigames are fresh and fun, but as evidenced by the massive amount of very early ragequitters, a large percentage of players on EE cannot handle anything beyond the basic minigame fare.   Thus it might cost us some votes.   I think it'd be a shame if it didn't crack the top 3 because of that, though.   We didn't want to water down the level just for that reason.

With some sort of basic minigames, I thought ahead in creating my level. As most of the art is in the middle, my minigames are on the sides. On the right side is easy, and the other is hard. I thought "Well, now they can choose, depending on the player." So I made and easy side and a hard side, that way with less skilled players can play on the easy side and still get as much fun as the hard. If players want more of a challenge, they go to the hard side (Which by the way, we mean it. It is seriously hard.) So, with the player at hand choosing the difficulty for himself, thus, we get more of a good rating, and we get votes!

Wooted by: (2)

#627 Before February 2015

Penguin

Bliske wrote:

use will win it for sure, - CKJR's map was also a very smart concept into 2011 , Holding right/space. that's creative, time dwelling i bet aswell .

It does not count as an entry, for it is not a non-beta world, thus their entry being disqualified, but they didn't enter anyways o.o

#628 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Shy Guy wrote:
Super_Luigi wrote:

I have no opinion on what will win, just that ours will survive the judging round.   After all, the art is great, and the minigames are fresh and fun, but as evidenced by the massive amount of very early ragequitters, a large percentage of players on EE cannot handle anything beyond the basic minigame fare.   Thus it might cost us some votes.   I think it'd be a shame if it didn't crack the top 3 because of that, though.   We didn't want to water down the level just for that reason.

With some sort of basic minigames, I thought ahead in creating my level. As most of the art is in the middle, my minigames are on the sides. On the right side is easy, and the other is hard. I thought "Well, now they can choose, depending on the player." So I made and easy side and a hard side, that way with less skilled players can play on the easy side and still get as much fun as the hard. If players want more of a challenge, they go to the hard side (Which by the way, we mean it. It is seriously hard.) So, with the player at hand choosing the difficulty for himself, thus, we get more of a good rating, and we get votes!

I dont think those were as hard as I can make them, but they sure will give a bit of a challenge.

Last edited by D-rock2308 (Jan 4 2011 3:47:39 pm)

#629 Before February 2015

Super_Luigi

Shy Guy wrote:

We considered that in the beginning, but opted against it, as doing it the way we did results in a better overall level.   To be honest, creating the highest quality level mattered to us more than creating a level that won the contest.   We all believe we achieved that.   (Not that our level isn't completely without flaws.)

#630 Before February 2015

ABC Boy

damn, i vote for all get beta and 1000 energy.

#631 Before February 2015

Jamd

Erm when do you announce the top 10 coz its nearly 7th //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#632 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

will you make a new topic for when voting comes along?

#633 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

kaosslasher wrote:

Once the voting begins, you will be able to vote for it on the blog.

#634 Before February 2015

Penguin

RPGMaster2000 wrote:
kaosslasher wrote:

Once the voting begins, you will be able to vote for it on the blog.

When is that? And second, I just noticed that you used my blog name for the entry.   Why didn't you use my EE name that I posted?

#635 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Penguin wrote:

When is that? And second, I just noticed that you used my blog name for the entry.   Why didn't you use my EE name that I posted?

Sorry about that, must have gotten mixed up. Please PM me the correct team details.

#636 Before February 2015

Penguin

RPGMaster2000 wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Sorry about that, must have gotten mixed up. Please PM me the correct team details.

Err...instead of Penguin for RA Crew, it's Ray.   I couldn't use Ray for this forum, so I picked another.

Last edited by Penguin (Jan 5 2011 5:58:55 pm)

#637 Before February 2015

Rhythm

It's Jan 5.

>:[

#638 Before February 2015

kingjamstar

When does the voting start? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

#639 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

kingjamstar wrote:

When does the voting start? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

We're coming to an agreement so hopefully at the start of January 7.

#640 Before February 2015

kingjamstar

ok thanks

#641 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

So, the voting will start after the 7th? Perhaps another week for voting, I recommend it end on the 14th?

#642 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Shy Guy wrote:

So, the voting will start after the 7th? Perhaps another week for voting, I recommend it end on the 14th?

Yes, something like that.

#643 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

OK guys for my birthday ( january 8th ) i want you to vote for MG crews level k? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile awesome.

#644 Before February 2015

Rhythm

Yeah do it. ^

:0

#645 Before February 2015

Jamd

finish it on the thirteen and i will win for my bday!!! ho ho haha hehehe

#646 Before February 2015

3mike231

I vote for 3mike231s Crew, the undergorund Fair

#647 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

kaosslasher wrote:

OK guys for my birthday ( january 8th ) i want you to vote for MG crews level k? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile awesome.

WOOO come on guys we need ya!

#648 Before February 2015

3mike231

Cthulhu wrote:

finish it on the thirteen and i will win for my bday!!! ho ho haha hehehe

Man you're missing the big spender!

#649 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Closed in favour of new topic announcing results.

RPGMaster2000 14239540477385

Board footer