Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Calicara

Re: It's almost sad how whiny you all are.

I suppose that is more of an opinion though. For one I cannot actually say I dislike it because it actually helped my team, but still it makes sense though.

Because logically if you won, then he updated it the winning level would no longer look the same as it should have when it won. Chris is only trying to be fair.

Not to mention he gave a whole week for people to edit their levels. I'm not trying to defend Chris as a person, because some updates are better than others, but I have to say I agree with this decision. It makes sense in my opinion.

#27 Before February 2015

supadorf24

DKLevels wrote:

Most of the rants were made when the background would make the block/decoration/action disappear infront of it, even when ereased, so maps were actually much harder to fix than you made it out to be.

shift wrote:

The simple fix which you suggested doesn't work; if you delete the background, all of the minimap color is lost.

This bug was just recently fixed. I did in fact test it when it was around, and the colors would return to the minimap once the level was exited and reentered. Furthermore, it was only ever client-side to begin with, meaning that only the deleter would have seen the colors on the minimap disappear.

#28 Before February 2015

Zarow

Completely agree with OP. EVERY UPDATE they continuously whine and moan 'baww change happened' etc. You know what you're ACTUALLY going to do instead of quitting and going on a hiatus? You're going to fix your levels, and they'll be better for it. And then this'll happen again in another month.

#29 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

This is exactly what I was going to make a topic about, but you did it first, Supa.

Great post, + rep.

#30 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

shift wrote:
Benjaminsen wrote:

Yep I think it?s very bad timing. But I think releasing it in 14 days and screwing up all the great levels people would have made would be even worse!

Okay, so he's a saint for recognizing that he made a horrible mistake? Yeah, I'm sure Hitler would agree.

He thinks that releasing the levels after the judging is over would be worse? Bull s***. If the level will no longer matter after a given point, then wouldn't you rather screw it up after? I would much rather my level not look like crap while the contest is on the line.

You don't get it. In 14 days, we'd all be playing the final contestant's levels which would all be terrible because of the new update. They would all be messed up and probably not as great as they would be if he updated now and let people fix the problems.

#31 Before February 2015

Adrianna

Pugmatt wrote:
BEE wrote:

I think there are more threads complaining about the complainers than there are complainers.

#32 Before February 2015

supadorf24

I think there have been more posts quoting BEE than serious posts in my thread. Watch as this gets quoted 10 times.

#33 Before February 2015

Koto

Supadorf24 wrote:

I think there have been more posts quoting BEE than serious posts in my thread. Watch as this gets quoted 10 times.

1, lol

anyways, I get that alot of people are upset, sure, I don't care, they can complain, but do we really need several topics that complain about 1 update?   no.   I think we should just sticky a thread that complains about people complaining, so we wont have to see complain and anti-complain threads after every update.

#34 Before February 2015

BEE

Supadorf24 wrote:

And yet I only got one reputation from my apparently wonderfully-quotable post =P

(2)

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#35 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Supadorf24 wrote:

(3)

Well, Supa, that'd be because BEE's post is much more kid-friendly than your post.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#36 Before February 2015

SmileyZ

Different55 wrote:
Chewy wrote:
BEE wrote:

I think there are more threads complaining about the complainers than there are complainers.

Lol. I love this. Started with a wave of complainers. Then the wave of anti-complainers.

And soon we will have anti-anti-complainers. I think it'll end there.

Haven't you noticed??

IT
WILL
NEVER
END
!!!!

#37 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

DK Levels wrote:

but it hardly ever gets a reaction like this.

I think someone forgot about the physics update.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#38 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

Something I wrote when physic is ruined.

Aoitenshi wrote:

Would you guys stop complaining everything and play the damn game...

Last edited by Aoitenshi (Nov 4 2011 4:12:20 am)

#39 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

The thing that makes complainers... well, complainers, is that they don't see the positive aspect to it. Backgrounds are great for me because I can think of bunches of new things to do with my levels. The only bad thing about this update was just the timing, it was quite unexpected.

#40 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

i can only say to this post slimer //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
but ok i unterstand the flaming about this update but the updates before was good
and you cannot sy only delete backgrounds.
you dont know if a level only work with backgrounds you cant delete them _:_
mylo

#41 Before February 2015

DK Levels

JadElClemens wrote:
DK Levels wrote:

but it hardly ever gets a reaction like this.

I think someone forgot about the physics update.

I think someone didn't read I said 'hardly ever' instead of 'never'...
I did remember the physics update, and the keys and crowns disappearing

supadorf24142389062670806

Board footer