Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

supadorf24

It's almost sad how whiny you all are.

Look, I get it, your level was "destroyed".

Wait.

It was destroyed? How so? Delete your backgrounds. Level fixed.

Chances are, if you're level focuses on minimap art, your level looks like crap outside of the minimap, so I don't even understand why any of you would be using backgrounds in the first place.

Every single time Chris releases any update, you guys won't stop complaining about how EE is ruined and that it's the worst game ever. By now you should be aware that the game is under constant development, that we haven't reached EE 1.0.

This is something to be grateful for; most Flash games aren't updated as constantly as EE is. You complain whenever an update isn't released for a long time, as if Chris is obligated to release an update. He's not. But when he does release an update, you guys flame him and create threads insulting and disgracing him.

In this latest update, Chris has now made it so that the minimap more accurately reflects the in-game screen. Not to be inconsiderate to the participants in the contest, he extended the level deadline by one week. I could delete all the backgrounds in my level in about one hour, so this was a very generous deadline extension for procrastinators and busy people.

All I'm saying is be grateful for once.

#2 Before February 2015

BEE

Re: It's almost sad how whiny you all are.

I think there are more threads complaining about the complainers than there are complainers.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#3 Before February 2015

robban39

bee wrote:

I think there are more threads complaining about the complainers than there are complainers.

yea lol

#4 Before February 2015

sportakus1

BEE wrote:

this

#5 Before February 2015

Sythe5665

i don't even think this is a bad update... but other people do... that's the only reason i posted a thread to make minimap backgrounds appear or not appear on map by the makers choice. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Last edited by Sythe5665 (Nov 1 2011 6:18:11 am)

#6 Before February 2015

Pugmatt

BEE wrote:

#7 Before February 2015

Ralaina

I keep getting mad on all the people who complain every singel time there's an update. They always plead for an update, but as soon as it comes. They all start to rage on Chris.

Yeah, he might have put it at a bad time. But he prolonged the deadline for the competition one week to compensate for that. It barely takes as Supadorf pointed out, about one hour to erase all the background from a map. Then you have a whole week to improve the rest of the map even more. Giving you a better chance to win.

Then we have the bugs. There will always be new bugs whenever an update happens. Do you know how hard it is to avoid creating a bug when your implementing something new into the game? I don't, but I can imagine that it's pretty hard.

Now we have over ten topics of complaints, if I counted it right. Why can't you just stick to one topic instead of flooding the whole forums with topic about the same thing? That is just annoying that people always has to make their own topic, and this happens every single update.

That **** me off. Rage all you want, but stick to one topic. We who do not rage, doesn't enjoy seeing topics about people raging. We can tolerate one, but when it gets to the point of 10-20. It has gone overboard.

Last edited by Ralaina (Nov 1 2011 7:03:53 am)

#8 Before February 2015

LD3H

Do you know... I love this background update!! It makes my level more colourful. The only "not-that-good" thing is the thing that the fully blacks don't have minimap colour. BUT I can understand it is ahrd for Chris. Like the others said:

1. Long no update: "Why no update??"
2. Update comes: "Why bugs?"
3. Bugs fixed: "Why not better update (only bug fixes)?"

That is the problem, and I don't think that people will change their mentality. But I hope they will...

#9 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

robban39 wrote:
bee wrote:

yea lol

It started out the one day with complainers, the next day, complainers about the complainers...

#10 Before February 2015

SmileyZ

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:
robban39 wrote:
bee wrote:

yea lol

It started out the one day with complainers, the next day, complainers about the complainers...

And then come the "no more update topics please"

#11 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

BEE wrote:

Lol. I love this. Started with a wave of complainers. Then the wave of anti-complainers.

#12 Before February 2015

SmileyZ

Chewy wrote:
BEE wrote:

Lol. I love this. Started with a wave of complainers. Then the wave of anti-complainers.

It's an everlasting loop

#13 Before February 2015

Processor

Supadorf24 wrote:

By now you should be aware that the game is under constant development, that we haven't reached EE 1.0.

What? Wasent EE version 1.0 released when the portals were added?! https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#14 Before February 2015

RavaTroll

Can I complain about complainers that complain about the first complainers ?

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#15 Before February 2015

Sabrillian

Are complainers complaining about complainers a bad thing or something? It sure seems that way. :rolleyes:

Anyway, you made a really good point - exactly my thoughts //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#16 Before February 2015

DK Levels

Supadorf24 wrote:

Most of the rants were made when the background would make the block/decoration/action disappear infront of it, even when ereased, so maps were actually much harder to fix than you made it out to be.

Chances are, if you're level focuses on minimap art, your level looks like crap outside of the minimap, so I don't even understand why any of you would be using backgrounds in the first place.

To enhance the in-game screen perhaps? Oh and you wrote 'you're level' //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Every single time Chris releases any update, you guys won't stop complaining about how EE is ruined and that it's the worst game ever. By now you should be aware that the game is under constant development, that we haven't reached EE 1.0.

Okay this is true for most people, but it hardly ever gets a reaction like this. It's more people being upset than normal.

This is something to be grateful for; most Flash games aren't updated as constantly as EE is. You complain whenever an update isn't released for a long time, as if Chris is obligated to release an update. He's not. But when he does release an update, you guys flame him and create threads insulting and disgracing him.

Also true, lol. I suppose I didn't think about it that way, but I don't really complain about the lack of updates...

In this latest update, Chris has now made it so that the minimap more accurately reflects the in-game screen. Not to be inconsiderate to the participants in the contest, he extended the level deadline by one week. I could delete all the backgrounds in my level in about one hour, so this was a very generous deadline extension for procrastinators and busy people.

I really think he should have waited after the contest was over.
I am really grateful for the extra week, don't get me wrong, but it's a WHOLE new range of colours... Background colours, that IS another layer. That kind of stuff can't be mastered by most players within a week, it took me a whole month to figure out portals had directions...

Some of us are, I'm mostly complaining about the timing of it, it would have been much much better if he waited.

Last edited by DK Levels (Nov 1 2011 11:21:18 am)

#17 Before February 2015

EEguy

People just need to understand that Chris is trying his best to improve the game. As some people here pointed out:

Chris doesn't update for a long time: People complain about the lack of updates.
Chris updates: This update sucks! You ruined the game you ****!!

I liked the update, but I also agree that the timing was bad. Just deal with it.

#18 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

RavaTroll wrote:

Can I complain about complainers that complain about the first complainers ?

Can I complain about your complaining-about-complainers-complaining-about-complainers?   That would make me an anti-anti-anti-complainer.   Cool.   Reminds me, for some reason, of both antidisestablishmentarianism and Cool Whip.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#19 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Chewy wrote:
BEE wrote:

And soon we will have anti-anti-complainers. I think it'll end there.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#20 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

I havn't complained at all with the updates, I have made suggestions to make everyone happy 'Toggle Button For Background Visibility'. After an update I go onto the forums and see complaints about: bugs, graphics & physics; Just Annoying.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#21 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

You know, it seems to me that it's all extreme and radical up in here.
People want to be all, 'OMFG CHRIS IS **** GOD BE GRATEFUL U DAM BRATS I WANT HIM NSIDE ME LOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!'

and then on the flip side,

'JESUS **** CHRIS WHY CANT'S YOU EVER DO ANYTHING WRITE U FOGGOT.'

Kay, first of all, we have no reason to be grateful to Chris except perhaps for the fact that he made a way to kill time. I can kill time, too, see, I'll have a character named time and then I'll kill himherit.

Second of all, Chris does a lot of stupid things... a lot.
He promises updates. Doesn't update. People rage because he's a liar.

It was a somewhat good idea, the bg minimap colors. It was a really bad idea to release it during a contest.
He updates with really bad timing and makes some bad moves. People rage because he sucks at communication.
Dem people on Chris's side who want his **** get all **** because people want to point out how bad Chris is at managing things.

And what the hell does complaining about people complaining achieve? Nothing, because then people complain about people complaining about people complaining and I honestly don't feel like showing how that's an endless circle. Point is, how about we all cut it all down to two threads: One raging about the update, one pointing out the good things.
With all updates, there's bad things and good things.
People LOVED the background update, so kindly remember that we're not all like Zoey who just likes to complain for a living even if she likes it.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#22 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

This is like Cyriak but explained.

Anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-complainers?

That's one true mindhump right there.

Last edited by Tachyonic (Nov 1 2011 1:46:18 pm)

#23 Before February 2015

Calicara

I actually read on the blog that Chris wrote:

Benjaminson wrote:

Yep I think it?s very bad timing. But I think releasing it in 14 days and screwing up all the great levels people would have made would be even worse! We had a lot of internal discussions about when the time would be best, and we decided that we wanted to get it out now while people would still be able to fix their levels.

So as you can see Chris is not the bad guy that most people seem to think he is. I'm sure he is trying his hardest to make the game better, we just appreciate what we have more instead of whining about it.

~Failgirl101

Last edited by Calicara (Nov 1 2011 1:50:19 pm)

#24 Before February 2015

Shift

Supadorf24... you obviously aren't an artist, haven't tested out the new update, nor have any idea of the bugs this has created. The simple fix which you suggested doesn't work; if you delete the background, all of the minimap color is lost. Sorry, but, as an artist, this just **** me off.

If he had made the update any other time, then fine; I have all the time in the world to fix my own levels. However, he had to update the game right now, one day before the contest was supposed to end. Sure he gave us a week, but why should we have to alter our masterpieces in order to appease his idiocy? There's also the aforementioned minimap bug.

I usually don't complain; in fact, I usually stand up for Chris. Now, however, it's too much.

The backgrounds look really bad on the minimap, anyway, imo.

Failgirl101 wrote:
Benjaminsen wrote:

Yep I think it?s very bad timing. But I think releasing it in 14 days and screwing up all the great levels people would have made would be even worse! We had a lot of internal discussions about when the time would be best, and we decided that we wanted to get it out now while people would still be able to fix their levels.

So as you can see Chris is not the bad guy that most people seem to think he is. I'm sure he tried hi hardest to make the game better, I would just appreciate what we do have.

~Failgirl101

Okay, so he's a saint for recognizing that he made a horrible mistake? Yeah, I'm sure Hitler would agree. [/don't reply]

He thinks that releasing the levels after the judging is over would be worse? Bull s***. If the level will no longer matter after a given point, then wouldn't you rather screw it up after? I would much rather my level not look like crap while the contest is on the line.

#25 Before February 2015

xGBx-PwNzZ

Supadorf24 wrote:

Wait.

This. I Never Complain Im grateful we even have the Internet Computers, And even this game be honest, Im Sure you will all complain again but please give it a rest. And If Chris Updates the game

supadorf24142389062670806

Board footer