Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

Why you get kicked in "1-way platforms"

So you know how you get kicked when you spawn in a brick or get a brick placed on you then you move the arrow keys and you get kicked?

Well that is exactly what is happening in this case, another reason why it doesn't kick you when you have the code is because when you have the code it doesn't kick you are in a normal brick.

Acknowledge the fact that you have to press the arrow keys around for you to actually get kicked. Also, when you are in a "1-way platform" You get kicked, right? Well its because you are actually inside a brick. Although as you see you can move from platform to platform; that doesn't hurt anything and will not cause you to get kicked. But, when there is "1-way platforms" in a large mass in an area you are actually constantly inside a brick, you are also pressing arrow or wasd keys(Whatever you prefer) in every single platform, therefor causing you to get kicked.

If Chris were to remove the fact that you get kicked in a brick after moving the arrow keys around with no code this would remove this bug aswell. Therefor this would no longer be a problem, sadly its not that easy to get Chris to do this because I can almost guaranteed Chris would not believe this even though it is actually 100% true.

Thanks for reading! I truly hope this helps you get more knowledge on this bug, although I'm not exactly sure if anyone cares. If anyone has any questions please ask below. Thank you.

Last edited by kingpooultra (Nov 3 2011 1:15:03 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Cyral

Re: Why you get kicked in "1-way platforms"

Wow.. The old bug is back, a LONG time ago before commands you could put bricks around someone and if they tried to move they would be kicked. This seems quite simlar, interesting....

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#3 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

Very interesting, as you see, I have looked into this many times, and it all seems similar, it all adds up. Thanks for commenting though. Nice to see someone does care.

#4 Before February 2015

Pugmatt

Ya :/ This happens to me all the time >.>
Good topic, you explained the bug perfect //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#5 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

Thank you pugmatt.

Last edited by kingpooultra (Nov 2 2011 8:38:27 pm)

#6 Before February 2015

moundsy

Pugmatt nice details and it all adds up proving your theory fully correct only thing is that this should go into the bugs section but still very helpful

question about this though

> if you dont move around when you are IN a brick do you still get kicked?

#7 Before February 2015

main_gi

Rpg went into my (now non-existant) beta only world reported it to chris, and making the bug happen at a much lower %.

#8 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

moundsy wrote:

Pugmatt nice details and it all adds up proving your theory fully correct only thing is that this should go into the bugs section but still very helpful

Yes, if you don't have the code.

main_gi wrote:

Rpg went into my (now non-existant) beta only world reported it to chris, and making the bug happen at a much lower %.

Really? Seems to still be happening quite frequently, although I would love for it to be removed altogether.

#9 Before February 2015

moundsy

moundsy wrote:

kingpooultra wrote:

thanks this helps me alot +1 rep

main_gi wrote:

kingpooultra wrote:

Really? Seems to still be happening quite frequently, although I would love for it to be removed altogether.

true dat my brotha

#10 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

moundsy wrote:
moundsy wrote:

kingpooultra wrote:

main_gi wrote:

kingpooultra wrote:

true dat my brotha

Well thanks for the +rep, nice to see you learned about this.

#11 Before February 2015

moundsy

kingpooultra wrote:
moundsy wrote:
moundsy wrote:

kingpooultra wrote:

main_gi wrote:

kingpooultra wrote:

true dat my brotha

your welcome and i love learning about games i dont know if i should make a game... somewhat like everybody edits just different. would take too long though *not advertising* **feel free to join my forums in my sig**

#12 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

moundsy wrote:
kingpooultra wrote:
moundsy wrote:
moundsy wrote:

kingpooultra wrote:

main_gi wrote:

true dat my brotha

your welcome and i love learning about games i dont know if i should make a game... somewhat like everybody edits just different. would take too long though *not advertising* **feel free to join my forums in my sig**

Well depends on how much you know how to code, if not just use Game Maker.

#13 Before February 2015

moundsy

kingpooultra wrote:
moundsy wrote:
kingpooultra wrote:

yeah i know but i think i might use funny.io to make a game

#14 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

moundsy wrote:
kingpooultra wrote:
moundsy wrote:

You do know it would cost money to do this right? You would also need to know how to program flash, and a few other coding programs. It can take many years to learn and master.

#15 Before February 2015

moundsy

kingpooultra wrote:
moundsy wrote:
kingpooultra wrote:

You do know it would cost money to do this right? You would also need to know how to program flash, and a few other coding programs. It can take many years to learn and master.

i understand that but i know how to code game for free with it and i have worked 3 years on trying to make a game now so shouldn't be too hard now and im only 14

#16 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

moundsy wrote:
kingpooultra wrote:
moundsy wrote:

i understand that but i know how to code game for free with it and i have worked 3 years on trying to make a game now so shouldn't be too hard now and im only 14

Okay well have fun with that, and also, can we get back on topic please?

Last edited by kingpooultra (Nov 2 2011 9:10:42 pm)

#17 Before February 2015

moundsy

kingpooultra wrote:
moundsy wrote:
kingpooultra wrote:

Okay well have fun with that, and also, can we get back on topic please?

yeah only thing is that the people that post must quote the last post to make this interesting to read //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#18 Before February 2015

BluexxxDude

Don't forget moving rapidly in candy blocks...

#19 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

That's exactly what I mean   Bluexxxdude, as you see, there are only 1-way platforms in the Candy Package, so that's actually what I'm talking about. If this isn't what you were talking about then please be more clear.

#20 Before February 2015

sportakus1

properly grammar pls,but yea,thx for this info,i dont get this bug but i dont do this now....

#21 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

sportakus1 wrote:

properly grammar pls,but yea,thx for this info,i dont get this bug but i dont do this now....

My grammar was proper, yours wasn't, allow me to make a fixed version of what you just said. All my corrections are in bold.

Fixed post for sportakus1 wrote:

Proper grammar please, but yea, thanks for this information, I don't get this bug but I think do now.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#22 Before February 2015

sportakus1

kingpooultra wrote:
sportakus1 wrote:

My grammar was proper, yours wasn't, allow me to make a fixed version of what you just said. All my corrections are in bold.

Fixed post for sportakus1 wrote:

Proper grammar please, but yea, thanks for this information, I don't get this bug but I think do now.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Lol thx,sorry for that,but thanks for that info //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#23 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

Anytime. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#24 Before February 2015

LD3H

The only confusing thing is:

kingpooultra wrote:

another reason why it doesn't kick you when you have the code is because it doesn't kick you when you have the code. When you have the code it doesn't kick you are in a normal brick.

Omg.

#25 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

^Thanks for pointing that out, I might have to delete something there. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

EDIT: Fixed. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by kingpooultra (Nov 3 2011 1:15:30 pm)

plat aka kingpooultra142389096270470

Board footer