Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

MegaLoler

Play EE With Your Wiimote

No I don't mean going on your wii's internet channel and getting EE that way.   I mean playing EE on your computer with your wiimote.

I made a simple Python script that sets up the wiimote to control EE in a convenient way.   Currently it only runs on linux, however.   If you have bluetooth hardware installed and are running a linux distro, you should be able to use it if you would like.

It requires python 2.x, lineakd, and python-cwiid.
To make sure you have everything, just copy and paste this into a terminal and press enter:

sudo apt-get install python && sudo apt-get install python-cwiid && sudo apt-get install lineakd

Once you have everything, download the script at http://ge.tt/8gMS2R4
Then run it with

python eewiimote.py

either in a terminal or a run dialogue (preferably the latter as it will run in the background)

When it starts up it will ask you to press the sync button on your wiimote.   You can actually get by with just pressing 1+2, unless there is another wii nearby that may interfere.   Once you press either click OK.   Then test and make sure it works by pressing + or - on the wiimote.   It should change the lights at the bottom.   When you have made sure it works, put the lights back on all off in order to use it.   If any of the lights are on then it will disable the controls, useful to make sure you don't accidentally press something when you don't mean to.

Currently you can only use the buttons with it.   You can't point at the screen and use it as a cursor.   There is other software available for that purpose, however.

You hold the wiimote sideways.
The controls are:
Left: moves left
Right: moves right
2: jumps
1: shows usernames
A: toggles minimap
B: toggles godmode

To disable the program, press the home button and a dialogue will appear asking you if you are sure you want to exit.

It works just by mapping the buttons to certain keys.   In the future I will have different modes which you choose with the + and - buttons that have different key mappings for use with different games.

UPDATE:
Added a control that makes the 1 buttons show usernames.
Also, I had mispelled lineakd.

Last edited by MegaLoler (May 21 2011 8:54:47 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

EDJ

Re: Play EE With Your Wiimote

Will you include the ability do build and point with your wiimote?
Will you make it for native windows too?
Too bad I don't have Bluetooth on my pc nor a portable sensor bar.

#3 Before February 2015

Jeremifier

Is this in the wrong section? :/

#4 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Oh my God, this idea is freaking great.

Well, it's not just an idea, it's already in existance.

This existing concept is freaking great.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#5 Before February 2015

MegaLoler

EDJ wrote:

Will you include the ability do build and point with your wiimote?
Will you make it for native windows too?
Too bad I don't have Bluetooth on my pc nor a portable sensor bar.

I hope sometime to do both of those.   Also to enable classic controller support.   Only problem is I don't have a Bluetooth enabled Windows pc to test it on.
What I do is put my sensor bar on top of my monitor and simply turn on the wii to power it.   But then when you connect your wiimote to your computer you will have to use the sync button instead of the 1+2 because otherwise the wii might catch it before the computer.

Also I am not totally sure... but I THINK you can get cheap USB adapters that enable Bluetooth.   I just now checked that though... and that was my interpretation of it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Jeremifier wrote:

Is this in the wrong section?

I dunno.   I thought it was something I created so I put it in here.

JadElClemens wrote:

Oh my God, this idea is freaking great.

Well, it's not just an idea, it's already in existance.

This existing concept is freaking great.

I thought it was a fun idea too //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Last edited by MegaLoler (May 22 2011 2:13:53 pm)

#6 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

So, how do you edit with your controller? Nunchucks?

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#7 Before February 2015

MegaLoler

I haven't added a way to control the cursor yet.   Of course you can still use your computer's mouse/trackpad.   I plan to add pointing at the screen to control the cursor.   But the nunchuck idea is a good alternative way, so I'll do that too.   I will also add classic controller support.

MegaLoler 1423610112351320

Board footer