Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Drivers

does anyone have one for a Dell Inspiron LCD display and graphics card? Because the ones it came with and the ones I downloaded don't appear to be working. My screen is still stuck at 640x480 resolution and 16 bit colors. :/

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#3 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Drivers

I already had that page open in another tab before I posted here, but thanks. I've already gone through the drivers on that page, and downloaded the necessary ones. (bright side here: I got my WLAN card working finally...) That's where I've gotten the drivers so far, I installed them in the exact order, chipset first then that then the other thing.... I've restarted several times... Anyone think of anything yet?

BTW, this all started when my mom forgot to flip the laptop upside-down and it overheated (the heat vent is on bottom and this overheats if you don't flip it.) When I restarted it the next day, tons of system files were corrupted and it wouldn't start. Several CDs, months, and USB Flash drives later, it still didn't work. Then I got my hands on this XP Upgrade CD. Now it works, but all my drivers have been wiped out. My screen displays 640x480 w/ 16 bit colors and it runs slower than ever. (BTW, this never happened any of the other times it overheated.)

EDIT: I found the right driver, but it's not working. I'll try restarting and see if it works then.

Last edited by Different55 (Mar 17 2011 7:44:49 pm)

- ShinsukeIto

#4 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Aw, my laptop's the same way (it's an HP) with the heat vent on the bottom. Why do they put the heat vent on the bottom? Sorry, that sucks.

#5 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

WEEEELLLL, they can't really put it on the top, can they? It needs to be next to the place that needs to be kept cool, and I doubt a big bulge on the screen where the CPU, heat sink, and all connections to the rest of the computer is would look very good.

- ShinsukeIto

#6 Before February 2015

supadorf24

What about Macs? On a Mac, I think the vent is between the screen and the keyboard, and it vents upward.

#7 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Different55 wrote:

does anyone have one for a Dell Inspiron LCD display and graphics card? Because the ones it came with and the ones I downloaded don't appear to be working. My screen is still stuck at 640x480 resolution and 16 bit colors. :/

that's my screen :O

Does anyone have one that works on win7?

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#8 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

This is a dell inspiron 1100. Not good enough to run Win7. Not the same, but people can use this topic to find any drivers they want. Anyway, if the image fills the screen and it doesn't look funny or anything you shouldn't need it. I could do it if I was sitting at your computer but from all the way from here in the midwest.... No, my arms don't reach to texas.

- ShinsukeIto

#9 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

It's an inspiron 160m, I can't seem to find one that works with win7.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

Different551423626931334501

Board footer