Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Stubby
Website

My opinions of EE.

Ok, what I'm starting to think is that EE is just starting to get boring.

There are almost never any good levels, like 1 in 9001 levels are good.     I click on a level, see it sucks just by looking at the minimap, or me just not wanting to play it and be attack by noob chatters that try to keep me in the world.     I'm just getting tired of this, and I want more good levels.     2nd, crashers and hackers ruin all the fun, they crack codes and ruin people's worlds, get people angry, and they also tend to annoy guests, who are most of the time, new to the game.     If you just troll them, they will think every level gets trolled and never play EE again.     There are also lack of updates, which cause people to bail away from EE and check back every day until there's another update, even the smallest, like the tweaking process of the game that recently ended.     Also, Chris' choices of updates suck bad.     We could have had contest results 2 weeks ago if he never changed the BG minimap update.     Then, he goes on another trip and slows the process of judging down even more.     This is just not right.     I also feel like i'm starting to get ignored, because on my forum topics, no one tends to reply anymore.     I join worlds also and everyone acts like i'm not there, when I used to be "visible" to others.

However, there are good things too, the fun in rare levels, the ability to make your own world, and have others play them, and making friends.     I've made tons of new friends over EE, and only EE.     I barely have any friends at school, like about 5 or 6, maybe 7.     The features are great, and bugs (mostly severe ones) get fixed in an instant, like the ceiling stick, after the BG update.     I remember I was sticking to the ceiling once, and *update*.     I saw one of Benjaminsen's worlds up, and I went in, and RPGMaster2000 later came to explain what happened.     So EE has good sides too, not just bad.

Who agrees with me?

fgRzols.png

#2 Before February 2015

Monstar43

Re: My opinions of EE.

I agree. I'm glad that you can look at the good side of EE and not just the bad side, like others do. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#3 Before February 2015

Bobyy

I totally agree a 100%. We need more good levels at the top of the list and less noob worlds. Also people should look at the good side more instead of the bad side. From what I read in chat's are that people are looking on the bad side instead of the good side which makes me sad. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by bobyy (Nov 27 2011 11:55:44 am)

SHwZksb.png  Thanks Bobithan for the sig, love it <3  5d16ccdd4a.png e62a2a5b45.png "You will never know how valuable a thing or a person is...until its not with you anymore, then you`ll regret..."

#4 Before February 2015

Gaing

Agreed! But we can't tell people to make more better levels or tell people to stop making nooby levels. If they wanna make nooby levels let them. If you want more better levels then start making good levels for the people of EE.

#5 Before February 2015

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Mostly I agree, but not with all your points.

Stubby wrote:

There are almost never any good levels, like 1 in 9001 levels are good.     I click on a level, see it sucks just by looking at the minimap, or me just not wanting to play it and be attack by noob chatters that try to keep me in the world.     I'm just getting tired of this, and I want more good levels.     2nd, crashers and hackers ruin all the fun, they crack codes and ruin people's worlds, get people angry, and they also tend to annoy guests, who are most of the time, new to the game.     If you just troll them, they will think every level gets trolled and never play EE again.

That's all true. Sadly nothing can really be done about trolls (except for not giving out codes which is obvious but people are idiots). Every online game has trolls of some variety.

Stubby wrote:

There are also lack of updates, which cause people to bail away from EE and check back every day until there's another update, even the smallest, like the tweaking process of the game that recently ended.

Here I disagree. Ok, so the game doesn't get updates very often, but unlike many online games, the pure nature of Everybody Edits is that it's down to the players to create levels with new concepts and designs, not down to the game being updated, which is the main reason it's so popular. The other thing is that actually Everybody Edits has actually come an incredibly long way in the course of a year. Only having 1 saved world was the only option just over a year ago.

Stubby wrote:

Also, Chris' choices of updates suck bad.

I think you may have phrased that wrongly. His updates are excellent and I haven't seen many bad updates at all. The problem with his updates are the number of glitches that result from the updates. The most recent update of reducing the size of candy blocks seemed pointless to me and changed the background colours for the worse, but other than that, I can't really complain at most of the updates. The rewrite of EE's code cannot be counted as an update and it was bound to bring lots of new glitches because Chris cannot mimic thousands of people without thousands of people being present before he launches these updates.

Stubby wrote:

We could have had contest results 2 weeks ago if he never changed the BG minimap update.     Then, he goes on another trip and slows the process of judging down even more.     This is just not right.

As far as I understand it from RPGMaster2000, it's the other judges that are holding Chris up. Chris isn't going to put his life on hold for a game he produces in his spare time and no one should expect him to. Mostly, I think the background update happening when it did was a much better idea than delaying it for a week or two.

Stubby wrote:

I also feel like i'm starting to get ignored, because on my forum topics, no one tends to reply anymore.     I join worlds also and everyone acts like i'm not there, when I used to be "visible" to others.

That's purely selfishness and attention-seeking. People come and go on forums. I'm starting to get a lot more involved with the forums and less involved with the game, but I have no doubt that will switch around again some time in the future. As for being in game, if you really want to be noticed, go into worlds with about 5 people in rather than the popular ones which are full. You shouldn't be expecting to go into a world and for everyone to go "Hi Stubby! What's going on in your life that we're all honestly completely interested in hearing about?"

Stubby wrote:

However, there are good things too, the fun in rare levels, the ability to make your own world, and have others play them, and making friends.     I've made tons of new friends over EE, and only EE.

True although I would like to point out that with friends in EE, there's a big difference between classifying someone as a friend and classifying someone as trustworthy. It can be a tough life online.

Stubby wrote:

The features are great, and bugs (mostly severe ones) get fixed in an instant, like the ceiling stick, after the BG update. I remember I was sticking to the ceiling once, and *update*. I saw one of Benjaminsen's worlds up, and I went in, and RPGMaster2000 later came to explain what happened.

I would argue that only the severe bugs get "fixed in an instant". Most of the bugs present since the code rewrite are still present and the candy-kicking glitch still hasn't been rectified. I think a lot of glitches are put on a priority list and a lot of them are put on the back-burner while new updates are released.

Overall, Everybody Edits is a fantastic tool, not a game. It's popular as a tool and the majority of people playing it have some sort of world they have created, however terrible that world might be. Some of the levels are epic and come out of some of the most creative minds I've ever seen. It's kind of strange how levels are measured based on their number of plays when some of the best levels created don't even have anything to do in them, but are purely works of art. Some art created in EE is created by people who have never had an artistic flair outside of EE and I'm sure some people are really benefiting in their own lives thanks to Everybody Edits' existence. Regardless of updates, I believe Everybody Edits will not die purely because of the creativity that can be poured out of people's minds both in games and in art.

Xenonetix_2.png

#6 Before February 2015

Zacoist

Instead of just complaining that there are no good worlds in the lobby. Do something about it. :/

#7 Before February 2015

ktostam450

*cheers*

I don't like this: minerals stand forever in beta //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#8 Before February 2015

soccerfreak006

Finally someone stands up to the crowd. Great Job stubby, I agree totally

#9 Before February 2015

Gaing

ktostam450 wrote:

*cheers*

I don't like this: minerals stand forever in beta //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

What do you mean? Its in the beta test. In a few days (maybe) it will be for non-betas as well!

#10 Before February 2015

SmileyZ

The next person who complains about noob worlds does not understand ANYTHING.

"Aw man, All the worlds are noobish, what do I do?"

~~~~~

Solution 1: Don't play them

Solution 2: Make your own "pro" level (or are you too "lazy" or "laggy" or whatnot)

Solution 3: Go to somebody "pro"'s profile and play their levels (and maybe guest bomb them too)

~~~~~

If none of these solutions work for you...
Solution 4: Quit playing if you hate it so much

#11 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

Stubby wrote:

Maybe for you, not for me. If you are bored of it, then quit.

Stubby wrote:

There are almost never any good levels, like 1 in 9001 levels are good.

Flawed statement right there.

I click on a level, see it sucks just by looking at the minimap, or me just not wanting to play it and be attack by noob chatters that try to keep me in the world.     I'm just getting tired of this, and I want more good levels.

Leave the level, noobs cannot stop you, ignore them, they can't attack you either. If you want better worlds do something about it and make better levels, don't rely on us to do something that you want us to do. Go make a better level or more and be happy.

Stubby wrote:

2nd, crashers and hackers ruin all the fun, they crack codes and ruin people's worlds, get people angry, and they also tend to annoy guests, who are most of the time, new to the game.     If you just troll them, they will think every level gets trolled and never play EE again.

Yes they do, they don't crack codes, the codes are already cracked, yes they ruin worlds, but mostly only nooby ones. I know they make people angry, I'll give you that. Most people like me don't troll guests, I actually try to help them, but there are jerks out there that do that., its part of live, haters gonna hate eh? Most people learn from mistakes, I wasn't trolled as a guest and alot of guests are not trolled, and if people troll them so much then why do we have so many players?

Stubby wrote:

There are also lack of updates, which cause people to bail away from EE and check back every day until there's another update, even the smallest, like the tweaking process of the game that recently ended.     Also, Chris' choices of updates suck bad.     We could have had contest results 2 weeks ago if he never changed the BG minimap update.     Then, he goes on another trip and slows the process of judging down even more.     This is just not right.

Actually Chris has been updating the game quite frequently, most people bail away from Everybody Edits because of real life problems or they are bored. Yes Chris' choices suck, but it is his game and he can do what he wants with it, his choice about letting his friends judge was a pretty bad idea, but atleast we are kept in suspense. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
It isn't the updates or Chris' trip keeping the judges back, its the fact that they are lazy and don't care to much.
If you don't like it then quit.

Stubby wrote:

I also feel like i'm starting to get ignored, because on my forum topics, no one tends to reply anymore.     I join worlds also and everyone acts like i'm not there, when I used to be "visible" to others.

Since when did this game become a popularity contest? Some people just look at threads, not post in them.

Stubby wrote:

However, there are good things too, the fun in rare levels, the ability to make your own world, and have others play them, and making friends.     I've made tons of new friends over EE, and only EE.     I barely have any friends at school, like about 5 or 6, maybe 7.     The features are great, and bugs (mostly severe ones) get fixed in an instant, like the ceiling stick, after the BG update.     I remember I was sticking to the ceiling once, and *update*.     I saw one of Benjaminsen's worlds up, and I went in, and RPGMaster2000 later came to explain what happened.     So EE has good sides too, not just bad.

I love how you put a bright side to your post, I agree with this part most of all because its all true and it makes me happy. Fun levels are not that rare, just go on a profile and play a fun level, and HUZZAH! You have a fun level to play! I love making friends on Everybody Edits, I have alot in game and in real life. I noticed some bugs are fixed fast, but some that aren't suck.

Stubby wrote:

Who agrees with me?

I really only agree with the last paragraph, I don't like complaining over every little thing because it makes your time in Everybody Edits less enjoyable. So there's my two cents.

Last edited by Kingpooultra (Nov 27 2011 1:12:54 pm)

#12 Before February 2015

Cyral

Monstar43 wrote:

I agree. I'm glad that you can look at the good side of EE and not just the bad side, like others do. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#13 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

*TheRealGanig* wrote:
ktostam450 wrote:

*cheers*

What do you mean? Its in the beta test. In a few days (maybe) it will be for non-betas as well!

Sorry but no. Notice how it says Beta Exclusives not Beta Test? It means its beta only and will stay that way, its not in the test. So if you want them get beta.

Last edited by Kingpooultra (Nov 27 2011 1:53:56 pm)

#14 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Kingpooultra wrote:
*TheRealGanig* wrote:
ktostam450 wrote:

*cheers*

Sorry but no. Notice how it says Beta Exclusives not Beta Test? It means its beta only and will stay that way, its not in the test. So if you want them get beta.

"Exclusive" does not mean "exclusive forever".

#15 Before February 2015

SmileyZ

Supadorf24 wrote:
Kingpooultra wrote:
*TheRealGanig* wrote:

How do you know? Sometimes it does (but not in this case)

#16 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

Supadorf24 wrote:
Kingpooultra wrote:
*TheRealGanig* wrote:

You're probably right dorfcake.

#17 Before February 2015

MRBOOGAWESOME

The game is owned by chris and probably always will be, people should thank him for comming up with the idea for the game and then for the time he took to make it. Yes chris's updates tend to be lousy, and dare i say, extremly rare. But atleast he does update the game.

I will take this from Smileyz:

SmileyZ wrote:

Solution 1: Don't play them

Solution 2: Make your own "pro" level (or are you too "lazy" or "laggy" or whatnot)

Solution 3: Go to somebody "pro"'s profile and play their levels (and maybe guest bomb them too)
~~~~~
If none of these solutions work for you...
Solution 4: Quit playing if you hate it so much

Very true, especially the second and last. I guess again people can build what they want, but that dosent stop you from building what you want. So why dont you go build a pro world? An then enjoy the 'praise' you may get for making that.

But if people complain about noob worlds despite the fact they may not be capable of producing a high quality Level. Then they really cant speak. But i havent really come across people like that. All i can suggest is that you try to enjoy the game, after all, it is just a game, right?

#18 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

First, the lobby is less in quality than a piece of dog poop. I have never been interested in people playing my levels nor it being at the top of the lobby. I don't want a bunch of noobs noobing it up all over my levels and spamming the chat with stupid questions like "will u buy me beta?".

That solves your issue with noobs and crashers. Just don't guestbomb or care about how many people are in your level, it really is pointless and a waste of time.

Second, I see you don't like Chris. Well, he made the game you play. He has his own idea of what he wants the game to become, and since he created something you love he must know how to create more experiences that you'll love. Like portals, coin doors, background blocks, etc. Are you forgetting all the good things that you can't imagine life without?

I personally don't think it's wise to constantly add new bricks once a week. Eventually we'll end up with 10 tabs that take up the whole screen when you open them, which would be very annoying and time consuming. It's already starting to get time consuming when I want a specific brick.

And this is completely true:

Mega Lamb wrote:

Overall, Everybody Edits is a fantastic tool, not a game. It's popular as a tool and the majority of people playing it have some sort of world they have created, however terrible that world might be. Some of the levels are epic and come out of some of the most creative minds I've ever seen. It's kind of strange how levels are measured based on their number of plays when some of the best levels created don't even have anything to do in them, but are purely works of art. Some art created in EE is created by people who have never had an artistic flair outside of EE and I'm sure some people are really benefiting in their own lives thanks to Everybody Edits' existence. Regardless of updates, I believe Everybody Edits will not die purely because of the creativity that can be poured out of people's minds both in games and in art.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#19 Before February 2015

Sabrillian

Same old stuff.
I just wish people would find new things to complain about.

I also like Mega Lamb's post.

Stubby142389375167681

Board footer