Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Judaism.

"Greedily, the warriors searched for treasure. Under threat, they forced Schloime to show them his rooms.
       "He willingly lead them from cellar to attic; he showed everything except the hiding place. 'My wife and I, we are old and have lost everything,' he explained"
       "The warriors searched the empty rooms in vain and felt Schloime had made fools of them. In their anger, they struck down Schloime and stabbed Gittel, his wife, in the stomach. Then they hurried on, afraid to miss out on booty elsewhere"
     "Bleeding, Schloime pulled the screaming Gittel to the door. 'Here,' he said, 'we will die and thus protect Solomon even in death.'
       "Gittel nodded. Covering her face with bleeding hands, , already dying, she began to pray: 'The Lord is almighty, and his patience is everlasting!'
       "Schloime, too, felt his life dwindling from him. He lay down beside his wife and thus barred the entrance against the plundering warriors.
       "And while his blood flowed from him in streams, Schloime prayed to his God in tears:

My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken me,
And art far from my help at the words of my cry?
O my God, I call by day, but Thou answerest not;
And at night, and there is no surcease for me.
Yet Thou art holy,
O Thou that art enthroned upon the praises if Israel.
In Thee did out Fathers trust;
They trusted, and Thou didst deliver them.
Unto Thee they cried, and escaped;
In Thee did they trust, and were not ashamed,
But I am a worm, and no man...'

"And Schloime died in the middle of his prayer. His blood mingled with Gittel's."

-Passage Friedrich by Hans Peter Richter

Can someone tell me why the Jewish people continue to be prosecuted, even after their love for God? Is it because they do not believe in Jesus? Is it because they have strayed off their rightful path? They still love him, no?

Last edited by Tako (May 19 2011 9:43:17 pm)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#2 Before February 2015

LightShadow

Re: Judaism.

Let me see if I can explain it to the best of my knowledge.

The Jews are God's chosen people, and they are saved because of that fact. That is explained in Romans 11:11-32. I'd post the whole passage, but it would take me hours to type. But it basically says that in the end, all of Israel will be saved.

They are persecuted, because they must be. It leads up to the end times. In the Book of Zechariah, it is prophesied that before the beginning of the end times comes, Israel will be attacked by her enemies. The persecution leads up to this.
Edit: I'll look into this more, and post what I find. It'll be fun, I love prophesy.

Last edited by LightShadow (May 19 2011 9:05:54 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Yes, it is prophecy they will be attacked over and over, but why?

People don't just think "I don't like your brown hair" and kill all of the brown-haired people, do they?

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#4 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

its call racist my friend, i remember your topic about the holocaust, that is important cuz i know thats how you got to judism but my best advice is to listen in class (if you got it from school cuz if not bring it up to your teacer) but lots of people dont like the jews probably cuz lots of bad stuff happend to them in the past so they think its right even tho its being racist and its wrong

and they believe in the messiah wich is the savior and christians believe jesus is the messiah but jews believe that he's/she's still to come so i think that solves the jesus part

#5 Before February 2015

treejoe4

They have been persecuted for hundreds of years, for sterotypes, religous wars etc. Some of it may have started when Jesus was killed by Jewish people. The world is a evil place and 95% of people in are bad people

#6 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

www.wikipedia.com/Yahu

Read this. It should explain a lot.

#7 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

They have been persecuted because of some few factors:

(This is not some kind of ranking)

? During the middle ages the jews started to take interest in Europe. In that time, interest was a really, really bad thing. The interest kind of controlled the people so therefore the Europeans started to persecuted them. Even today it is the interest that controlls everything a human with a loan can do. Until this human pays back his loan, the bank (with the interest) will be able to control everything in this humans life.

? Many Jews consider themselves to be above other races. They speak of other races as goyims, the goyims have dirty souls full of hate, but the Jews souls does only contain love.

? Israels occupation of the west bank.

? The Qu'ran breeds hate against the Jews, therefore many Muslims hate Jews.

? Because of Jewish influences in many countries.

? Sionism.

#8 Before February 2015

LightShadow

I have two more explanations that occurred to me.

First: If you were Satan, and you wanted to attack God, how would you do it? Satan cannot attack God directly, so the next best thing for him to attack is God's chosen people, the Jews.
Second: Most of the persecution happened during the time when they were exiled from Israel. The were more vulnerable during that period. Here's an explanation of the prophecy of their exile. I typed it out a while ago, so I can just copy/paste it. Here it is:

Moses wrote that whenever Israel sins against God, He will allow calamity to strike them. However, He would give them time to repent. If they don't repent by the end of the warning period, then God will multiply the remainder of their punishment by seven.

Over 600 years before the birth of Christ, God used Ezekiel to show Israel her sin. God had Ezekiel lie on his side for 430 days to signify the 430 years Israel would spend in exile for her sins. Jeremiah predicted that the first 70 years would be a Babylonian exile. That was Israel's warning period.

Sure enough, Nebuchadnezzar came along in 606 B.C. and took the Jews to Babylon. Then 70 years later, Cyrus the Great of Persia came and conquered Babylon in 536 B.C. and offered to pay for the millions of Jews to go back home. The Jews refused, and only 50,000 devout Jews went back to Jerusalem. The rest stayed in Babylon because they didn't want to interrupt the businesses they had there.

Just imagine how angry that made God.

Now, this is the part where you get out your calculators (If you want to do the math yourselves, otherwise I'll do it).

Take 430 years of exile and subtract 70. Multiply the remaining 360 by seven and you get 2,520 prophetic years. The Jewish year is 360 days. That's 907,200 days. 907,200 days from the day Cyrus told the Jews to return to Israel. Do you know what date that comes to? Go ahead, guess!

May 14, 1948. The day Israel became a nation!

#9 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Ok, touchy topic... Let's see...

Jews now a days are not persecuted nearly as much as they were in biblical times. They have the holy land back, and have a very strong military... Etc.

But they are stereotyped and that may cause some persecution, if you can call it that...

But I believe your not talking about now, but earlier... So here is my explanation for persecution of Jews, and persecution in general.

People don't like religion: non religious people tend to not like religion. This is what I have noticed over the years... This would explain the no praying in schools and all that crap. And when a power crazy person like hitler, who does not like religion, is placed in power.. Well, we know the result of that.

Sin: ever since Eden, Satan has left us with this stain.... The root of every problem.

Tako1423630609330823

Board footer