Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Silverheart

the sad story of the forum

so, i recently got back into animal crossing, and joined the official forum. i click the add avatar button, and a sad sight appears. there is no custom avatar or signature option! why? "the forum's (inactive) graphic designer takes great pride in that the site is tasteful, and would not want to jeopardize that." in other words, the dude who isnt even active would rather have the site be fancy than to give the people the same creativity we have here. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile help find a way to give them the creativity we have. make the forums a better place.

#2 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Re: the sad story of the forum

Let's say there's a forum raid on the Animal Crossing forums. Parents find out. That's a lot of bad publicity for Nintendo and the Animal Crossing series. As a way to keep the forum as secure as possible, limiting avatars to pre-made ones is just a means to do so. I don't think it's about the graphic designer's ego; it's just a means of safety.

By the way, you don't have an avatar here. Get one. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#3 Before February 2015

Silverheart

actually, according to the admins, it's because of the fact the avatars might take away the tastefulness. Ex: red text on a white background made on paint.

*uses avi i made for someone on the forum because i'm too lazy to make my own*

#4 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Oh, well, then that's just a stupid reason.

#5 Before February 2015

Silverheart

yeah. i just needed a place to rant about the stupidity of the reason as the only thing i saw that was wrong with custom graphics, or any graphics on this site is some inactive dude is too worried about the site being pretty.

Silverheart 1423633848327584

Board footer