Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Calicara

Requesting artwork critique

V9TTE.jpg

I was wondering if anyone thinks I could improve my drawing in anyway. The name of it is called OC's gone mad. (OC is original character)

My characters, form left to right, are: Standing by the tree is Happeemonkey, hanging from the tree is Meyer, the bird is Happemonkeys kiwi, named Kiwi, and above that is the fruity space invader, rainbow vader. In the middle is me, katgirl, on her head is spandex girl. Then on the right is the animal named Derp, who isn't really any sort of animal. Derp is just derp. Riding Derp is Paco, and above Paco is Hamsterman with his semi-mecha man eating tomato minions.

I've worked really hard on this drawing and would appreciate some good critiquing on how it could be better //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#2 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

Re: Requesting artwork critique

I'm not an artist in any way so all I can say it's completely original which I like and it shows your skills. I say great work and plus rep for you.

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#3 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Go over it with a ballpoint pen then rub out the pencil, but leave it 10 minutes so the ink dries, anyway nicework. And practice on the shoes. Dont do art neat all the time, cos neat art sucks

Last edited by treejoe4 (Aug 1 2011 11:31:12 am)

#4 Before February 2015

SmittyW

You asks for critique, so you're going to get it:

*Like treejoe4 said, you should practice on the shoes. It's too short for the actual foot length.
*Sketch lightly first then trace smoothly to make nice curves. After you sketch lightly, make sure you don't make your lines stiff when you trace curves and don't trace back too much for the final product.
* I think the basic structure is great. Perhaps you can clean it up a bit more and run it over with a ballpoint pen.

Remember my first step. If you do it right, all the edges should look smoothly and great. Here's a sketch (fixed only a bit with computer) from my game Ninja Pixal. It's supposed to be a ninja holding a katana (not there) with a sort of metal mask in front of his eyes:

ninja2y.png

Hope I helped.

#5 Before February 2015

rob1nfly

I love Katgirl. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#6 Before February 2015

Calicara

@Smitty: Thank's for the good advice. The only issue is I erased and re-drew some parts so many times they won't erase anymore. Sometime later this week though I'm gonna put in photoshop, put a blank layer on top of it, then trace over the picture to make a digital outline. Form there I can color it. I want to make it look sort of 3d-ish

@rob1nfly: Thanks! Katgirl is supposed to represent me. I know the name is really un-original but I never really cared about names //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#7 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

wonderful drawing! I don't have any suggestions cause it just amazing! +REP

#8 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Hm. Nice.. I haven't drawn in a long time.. but here is my advice.

Draw more lightly, yu'll be able to erase better afterward.. You don't have to draw it in pen, like smitty and treejoe said, if you want it to be a pencil drawing. The shading is a little to smudged for my tastes, maybe try cross-hatching?

OH! and if you want it to stay a pencil drawing, try charcol!

#9 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

I'm constantly drawing, and I like to see more artists like me entering the fray.   Here's my critique:
Work on the shoes.   That's it.   Everything else is golden.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#10 Before February 2015

Calicara

@Pyro: Thanks that's what Smitty says to. I'm going to trace it over when I get the time. I'm kinda busy this week.

@Orton: I know that's my next venture. Working on feet and shoe types. Before I was mostly working on facial expressions and body shapes.

#11 Before February 2015

Wezza

You did most shading with your fingers or hands right? I see some grayish stuff in the shirt of the katgirl same with the whole left side of the paper, I suggest you'd do that just with pencil and not rubbing it.

For the rest I really love it, though I draw more abstract stuff (;

#12 Before February 2015

EEguy

Oh Em Gee. I don't know how you can improve. Seriously.

#13 Before February 2015

Calicara

Wezza wrote:

You did most shading with your fingers or hands right? I see some grayish stuff in the shirt of the katgirl same with the whole left side of the paper, I suggest you'd do that just with pencil and not rubbing it.

For the rest I really love it, though I draw more abstract stuff (;

The scanner always ruins stuff. It's alot darker IRL. I also find that when I try to shade with just pencil it always comes out scribbley, unless I shade the whole thing in till it's pure black but that's a waste of lead. I usually use a 0.7 lead pencil, or 0.5 if I can find it. I also like to use sketching pencils that draw lightly no matter how hard you press on them because that way all my draings aren't thick and smudgey. Some people don' really care about the pencil they use, but to me it means everything //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Calicara 1423638498322934

Board footer