Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Chimi

Re: Help me...

Tears in my eyes. Thank you LightShadow. God has certainly spoken through you.

#27 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

LightShadow wrote:

This reminds me of a motivational story, it's called "Footprints":

"One night I had a dream--
I dreamed I was walking along the beach with
     the LORD and
Across the sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints
     in the sand,
One belonged to me and the other to the
     LORD.
When the last scene flashed before
     me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that many times along the path of
     my life,
There was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the
     lowest and saddest times in my life.
This really bothered me and I questioned the
     LORD about it.
'LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
     You,
You would walk with me all the way,
But I have noticed that during the most
     troublesome times in my life
There is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why in times when I
     needed you most, you should leave me.'
The LORD replied, 'My precious, precious
     child, I love you and I would never, never
     leave you during your times of trial and
     suffering.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you.'"
(Author Unknown)
I hope this helps.

I loved that poem. I remember seeing it in my great-grandmother's basement.

...anyway, is there any teacher or someone at school you trust? REALLY trust? They can help you find someone to help through the addiction. Then maybe try to get a job. Then save up your money bit by bit then you can start buying your own food and eventually when you're old enough you can get an apartment and your mom might move in with you. Remember, God only gives us enough that we can handle and that when it's all done we will be a much better person because of it. God is a really good parent. A good parent wants you to become the best person you can be. Even when he causes you pain, in the end you will be a better person from it, but only through diligence and hard work. YOU CAN work through this. Everything will be better. Now, BEE GET IN HERE. She'll probably be much more motivational than me.

And remember, whenever you're thinking about smoking, just ask yourself if it's really worth it. I have no idea if it helps.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#28 Before February 2015

Chimi

I don't know who I can trust. I'm afraid of telling my teachers. I see them too often. Maybe the school nurse.
Feels really weird telling anyone about this. I don't know.

#29 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Read Psalm 53 and Psalm 54, if you have a bible.

If you don't mind me asking, why does your dad abuse your mom? Bring the word of God to them as well.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#30 Before February 2015

Chimi

I don't know why. I've tried before and It didn't seem to work.

#31 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Ok, well I gotta sleep. Read those chapters, and tell me what you think.

Your parents require your persistence. Show them how important the Bible is, talk to them about how important God and their religion is.

"Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well." James 5:13-15

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#32 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

problem no.1:
dont worry, this happens to me all the time just forget about it.
problem no.2:
my mum slightly abuses my dad by shouting and its annoying but go up to the room in the house furthest away and bring something with you, there will get worried and confused about you and look for you (most of the time //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue) and if theres away you can look at them in turns into a bit of a laugh.
problem no.3:
play it the same amout a week then next week do it 1 time less and then the next week one time less (this is how my mum stoped smoking)
problem no.4:
this happens to everyone sometime, just try to impres them someway and that also just happens when you get older, i remember when i was slightly younger my sister always saying to me "its easier to start a conversaition when you get younger, harder when your an adult wich makes it harder to make friends"
problem no.5:
you were drunk, never do it again! but it would be hard if you are drunk
problem no.6:
TRY TRY TRY! NEVER GIVE UP! but the key is to stick on one thing at a time and when you done that move on so with the list above solve the worst problems first then go down to the least, thats how i would do it anyway
problem no.7:
many people have differnt beliefs about god and some believe some dont, havent u heard this god rubbish before?

Last edited by The Red Troll (May 20 2011 12:59:25 am)

#33 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Go to the police about your dad, seriously.

#34 Before February 2015

Chimi

The Red Troll wrote:

problem no.2:
my mum slightly abuses my dad by shouting and its annoying but go up to the room in the house furthest away and bring something with you, there will get worried and confused about you and look for you (most of the time //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue) and if theres away you can look at them in turns into a bit of a laugh.

This is definately not the kind of abuse my mom is putting up with.

#35 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

Chimi wrote:
The Red Troll wrote:

problem no.2:

This is definately not the kind of abuse my mom is putting up with.

yes but u could still hide and laugh

#36 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

STOP DOING MARIJUANA!!! That's the absolute FIRST THING you have to deal with. I know that marijuana doesn't hurt your physics as other drugs, but it will melt (not literally) your brain. Or you will go to jail.

I don't know if you love Michaela, but she clearly doesn't love you. I know that it might be hard to just ignore her. But do it. It will take time, you might cry and feel really, really bad.

If your dad abuses your mom while intoxicated, deal with the alcohol. Do everything you can too decrease the consumtion of alcohol. But if it's not alcohol related, you must contact the police I'm afraid.

Fudge your "friends". As your ex-girlfriend, they do not love you, they do not like you. Why should you care about them? I know it's hard to get new friends, but try to start with some sport. I would suggest a team sport. Football, baseball, basketball, soccer, or anything you like.

That sex incident... It might be hard to just let it go, but do it. Do not let all these things gall your mind.

I believe in God. I feel God. This is one of my favourite quotes from Saint Augustine: "Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe."

Stop second guessing your life. Decide know what you want to do with your life. Set up goals and aims with your life, and do everything you can to reach them. Remember, your goals and aims can not be unlikely, but on your way to that big unlikely goal, set up smaller aims. I hope that you understand.

In conclusion, if you know that this wont solve your problems, contact the authorithies. I'm not some kind of      
psychologist, but I've gone through some of your examples. I endured and today I love and enjoy life more than ever.

#37 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

I don't do this myself, but I believe it to work when you are in trouble.

Find a Bible that you can keep in your room, possibly private if you wanted. Every day before bed, or something really hard to bear happens, go to your room or someplace else that is is private, and open the bible to a random page. Read whatever passage your eyes set upon. When you're least expecting it, or when you need it most, some word, or some saying will stick out to you, and may help you to get through whatever is troubling you at that particular time.

Like everyone else said, don't look at everything at once, look at one thing at a time and it doesn't look as overwhelming.

#38 Before February 2015

Jojomanjo

Your addicted to weed? I was once and it wasn't hard to quit really. Best way is cold turkey.

#39 Before February 2015

jakery

Chimi, I don't have much constructive advice for you, but I can tell you one thing: doubt about God and religion is a healthy thing. Don't be afraid to question your beliefs.

The bad news is, you have a mental addiction to marijuana. The good news is, unlike nicotine (cigarettes), THC (marijuana) isn't physically addictive--your body doesn't become dependent.
----
Now that physiology class is over, I'd just like to say that I don't have any constructive advice, but I'm sorry that you're having such a terrible time in your life right now. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#40 Before February 2015

Twipply

If I were to sum up my replies, I'd have to go with, "So what?"

"Michela broke up with me for my once best friend."
  So, what if she hadn't left you? Would you rather be in a relationship where the other person didn't actually like you so much?   Try and be happy for the time you had.

"My dad is abusing my mom."
  Sucks to be her. Go tell someone if you think it's worth bothering with (I don't know what kind of abuse.)

"I am addicted to marijuana. again."
  So what if you are? Did that automatically become a bad thing and no one told me? If you want to quit, find some willpower and do so. An addictive personality doesn't have to rule you.

"My friends are starting to reject me."
  Good. Better they did it now than later. Try get some new ones if you want, otherwise don't. If they were worth being friends with, they probably wouldn't have left you.

"I had sex with someone I don't know at a party last week."
  And? The modern world doesn't frown upon that kind of thing so much anymore.

"I've made so many mistakes. Over. and Over. I don't know whether I should keep trying or give up. "
  Lots of people make mistakes, yours are likely no different, get over them.

"Is there a god?"
  No.

"I don't know."
  Think about it some more, think rationally and logically. Eventually, hopefully, you'll come to the reasonable conclusion.

"I don't know anything anymore."
  Sure you do.

"Help me."
  You don't need it.

"I don't know who I should tell about my addiction. I'm afraid of my dad. My mom is too caught up with her job to care. I don't have any friends. I need help."
  What is there to tell? You're mentally addicted to something because you apparently have an addictive personality. If you're strong of mind, your willpower will prevail. If not? Try cut back gently until you can stop all together. I don't know why you'd tell anyone or how they'd even help you.

"I'm sorry I brought this up here of all places.
I don't know where else to turn.
I'm desperate.
Please help me."
  I forgive you.

Last edited by Twipply (May 20 2011 7:47:27 pm)

#41 Before February 2015

Lopoi2

The only thing you can do now is say for yourself: "Oh! Lord Jesus" and try to stay with this on your mind, the rest will come.

#42 Before February 2015

Chimi

I'm getting a lot of mixed solutions here. Twipply says so what if I'm a drug addict. He says theres no god. Alot of people say to give up the hash first, then every thing else, a lot say everything else, then the hash will follow. Thanks for all your help. I really, really appreciate it. Now all I can do is see what God wants me to do next.

#43 Before February 2015

jakery

Chimi wrote:

I'm getting a lot of mixed solutions here. Twipply says so what if I'm a drug addict. He says theres no god. Alot of people say to give up the hash first, then every thing else, a lot say everything else, then the hash will follow. Thanks for all your help. I really, really appreciate it. Now all I can do is see what God wants me to do next.

Chimi, just don't do anything drastic. We're worried about you.

#44 Before February 2015

Jeremy

Com 'on Chimi, Your friends aren't your last. We can be your friends (I think). Try meeting other people or try doing your hobbies that will help lessen your problems.

For the Marijuana thing. STOP IT! IT IS RUINING YOUR LIFE! This won't help you solving out problems. It just make things worse. Snap out of it good friend! *SLAP* This works for Twipply too.

Here is my calculation:

Dad abused your mom leads to your addiction to marijuana.
Broke up leads you to addiction to marijuana.
Marijuana leads you to sex.
Marijuana and sex makes your friends reject you.
All of these are making your problems.
Problems make your life more miserable yet it makes you stronger.
God is there with you to solve all of your problems. You just got to believe in yourself that you can do it.
It is just part of life.

Result: Case closed

Last edited by Jeremy (May 20 2011 8:07:27 pm)

#45 Before February 2015

Twipply

Chimi wrote:

You're a drug addict, sure. Do either of your parents get up in the morning and have their mandatory cup of coffee? If they do, they're drug addicts too, you know. Just because some idiot in power decided that marijuana is bad and coffee isn't, that doesn't make it so. Give up your drugs if they're causing you harm, not just because you're 'addicted' to them.

As for there not being a God, I shouldn't and don't really want to just tell you that as a fact. You should be able to think for yourself, perhaps with some guidance, and see it. If you happen to have some reasons for there being no God, feel free to share them with me. Or even some ideas to suggest there is one.

Jeremy wrote:

For the Marijuana thing. STOP IT! IT IS RUINING YOUR LIFE! This won't help you solving out problems. It just make things worse. Snap out of it good friend! *SLAP* This works for Twipply too.

I don't see where anyone said marijuana would solve his problems, nor do I see where anyone said how it's ruining his life, or even how it's making things worse.

Last edited by Twipply (May 20 2011 8:07:39 pm)

#46 Before February 2015

Jeremy

Jeremy wrote:

Twipply wrote:

I don't see where anyone said marijuana would solve his problems, nor do I see where anyone said how it's ruining his life, or even how it's making things worse.

You don't get it do you? Marijuana is a drug.

Drug Addiction Facts 1:

Drug abuse and drug addiction, according to the National Institute of Health, impacts all Americans, because we all pay the cost for it.
Drug Addiction Facts 2:

Statistics show that drug abuse and drug addiction cost Americans over $484 billion annually. This figure includes healthcare costs (and abuses of that system), lost job wages, traffic accidents, crime and the associated criminal justice system costs.

Drug Addiction Facts 3:

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, approximately 10 to 22 percent of car crashes involved drivers who have been using drugs.
Drug Addiction Facts 4:

Drug use and addiction is linked to at least half of the major crimes in this country, as at least half of the suspects arrested for violent crimes, such as homicide and assault, were under the influence of drugs when they were arrested.
Drug Addiction Facts 5:

Stress is a major factor in drug use and abuse.
Drug Addiction Final Fact 6:

Sadly, nearly two-thirds of people in drug abuse treatment report that they were physically or sexually abused as children. Child abuse is a major contributing factor to drug addiction.

#47 Before February 2015

jakery

Jeremy, you could just post the link next time.
http://www.drug-addiction-support.org/d … facts.html

Also, yes marijuana is a drug, but Chimi hasn't said how it's making his life worse.

#48 Before February 2015

Twipply

Jeremy wrote:

You don't get it do you? Marijuana is a drug.

And at which point did the National Institute of Health say that your facts apply to each and every case of drug use/abuse/addiction, not just overall?

#49 Before February 2015

Lopoi2

Just have faith on Jesus and the things will be better. How I said before, pray to Him. "Oh! Lord Jesus!" It gives you consolation. He might have prepared something for you. Just belive, and he will do the best for you.

#50 Before February 2015

Twipply

Lopoi2 wrote:

Just have faith on Jesus and the things will be better. How I said before, pray to Him. "Oh! Lord Jesus!" It gives you consolation. He might have prepared something for you. Just belive, and he will do the best for you.

I think there's quite a few cancer patients who would've disagreed with you there.

Chimi 1423638680322752

Board footer