Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Infinity7

Re: Harry Potter as Jesus?

You just can't convince some people that they are flawed

#27 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

D-rock2308 wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:

Are the Harry Potter books doing more bad than good?

It's making magic seem like an absolutely wonderful thing, right? I can see a few idiots take HP a little too far and actually try to practice magic, which makes me wonder.

It's just so wierd how the world WANTS us to read, to get smarter, to enjoy it, but some people have to label books BAD. I see no reason why they aren't good. Personally, I think books help with creativity, giving pictures in your head, like a movie you see without your eyes.

Why would magic be a bad thing either, do Christians hate magicians too? Or maybe Alchemists from the old days.

I'm not saying it exists but it seems pretty dang stupid why people should un-encourage books to be read just because of their content. A good book is a good book and should be read by fantasy lovers or anyone in particular.

There are so many books in the world, I don't think getting rid of Harry Potter will kill anyone.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#28 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

TakoMan02 wrote:
D-rock2308 wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:

Are the Harry Potter books doing more bad than good?

It's making magic seem like an absolutely wonderful thing, right? I can see a few idiots take HP a little too far and actually try to practice magic, which makes me wonder.

It's just so wierd how the world WANTS us to read, to get smarter, to enjoy it, but some people have to label books BAD. I see no reason why they aren't good. Personally, I think books help with creativity, giving pictures in your head, like a movie you see without your eyes.

Why would magic be a bad thing either, do Christians hate magicians too? Or maybe Alchemists from the old days.

I'm not saying it exists but it seems pretty dang stupid why people should un-encourage books to be read just because of their content. A good book is a good book and should be read by fantasy lovers or anyone in particular.

There are so many books in the world, I don't think getting rid of Harry Potter will kill anyone.

I don't see the reason to get rid of a good book, in fact, any book.

#29 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

D-rock2308 wrote:

I don't see the reason to get rid of a good book, in fact, any book.

It's the 'magic' part that scares away a few Christians, and other non-religious folk in general.

And not all books are good for you, fyi.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Tako1423639425322007

Board footer