Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 Before February 2015

Valarik

Re: Official EE Community Halloween Judging Thread

D-rock2308 wrote:
Ilikenoah wrote:

Uhhh what about backup teams?Or did all of them suck?XD

We had one very close to making it in. I believe it was #106

I missed the thread where the backups got numbered.   Would somebody post a link?

#77 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Oh sorry about that, it was the Give Us Candy one with trick or treaters running around and stuff.

#78 Before February 2015

Zacoist

TakoMan02 wrote:
Brawler700 wrote:

i just realized something. if chris and his friends decide to be lazy and make this the official judging thread, then ex crew got what they didnt want. they are judges for no reward.

Lol, sounds like something Chris would do.

Official results aren't back yet.   Hopefully, results will be posted this weekend.

#79 Before February 2015

supadorf24

A lot of these top 25 levels are really disappointing and definitely shouldn't even be in the top 100.

#80 Before February 2015

Epicfish

My map made it into the top 25... o.0.

#81 Before February 2015

sefanja1

why is my level not judged or something becouse I get the thinking its not.

I just know its good enough for the top 25 so why the did I not get judged, and is that never told me?

Last edited by sefanja1 (Nov 19 2011 3:05:55 am)

#82 Before February 2015

MRBOOGAWESOME

Im just happy my team is on that list, thanks for doing the judging and cant wait for the next screening!

#83 Before February 2015

Baticon

You are looking at the backup teams too,right? Is this the real judging? Please answer these. And when will the real judging end? (this is the real or not)

#84 Before February 2015

MRBOOGAWESOME

baticon wrote:

You are looking at the backup teams too,right? Is this the real judging? Please answer these. And when will the real judging end? (this is the real or not)

No it is not the real judging. It is the community's 'best', judging. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#85 Before February 2015

jfurey14

Idk why my level isn't on there... Probobaly because of the haunted house... c'mon osg!

#86 Before February 2015

dazz wrote:

#125. KO crew
Members: Jak, Matt, 0176, Garfield2436
"Sinister"
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWYhLyjxPba0I

shame on you guys, you could have come up with something original, not using my idea.

many others made a darn moon, but in their own style, I can't belive your lack of imagination and your disrespect for someone's work and ideas.

Dude? I saw your level and the art is awesome, however I didn't even come up with the yellow moon idea (I didn't even knew that yellow moons were associated with Halloween at that time because it isn't celebrated here, but they apparently are) - when I came to the level to work on it (it was being completely renewed), I saw a yellow, almost empty moon.
Then they told me to improve it, and I added some yellow "cracks", like I do on every of my levels, but I made them a bit more "realistic" here because the moon is bigger and I got somewhat better at art. It didn't look much good, so someone (or even me, my memory sucks so much I can't remember right) "trolled" the moon with yellow bricks, and that looked better so we left it like that. I didn't even remember about your yellow moon.

Last edited by 0176 (Nov 19 2011 8:35:25 am)

#87 Before February 2015

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

baticon wrote:

All levels have been judged including all backups. 8 backups made it through the first screening but only 1 backup made it to the top 25. This isn't "the real judging" in that there will be no prizes. There will be feedback on every level though.

This unofficial judging will probably be done by next weekend. According to RPGMaster2000, "the real judging" will be announced within a few days, so hopefully within the next week.

Xenonetix-2.png

#88 Before February 2015

Dazz

0176 wrote:
dazz wrote:

#125. KO crew
"Sinister"

shame on you guys, you could have come up with something original, not using my idea.

many others made a darn moon, but in their own style, I can't belive your lack of imagination and your disrespect for someone's work and ideas.

Dude? I saw your level and the art is awesome, however I didn't even come up with the yellow moon idea (I didn't even knew that yellow moons were associated with Halloween at that time because it isn't celebrated here, but they apparently are) - when I came to the level to work on it (it was being completely renewed), I saw a yellow, almost empty moon.
Then they told me to improve it, and I added some yellow "cracks", like I do on every of my levels, but I made them a bit more "realistic" here because the moon is bigger and I got somewhat better at art. It didn't look much good, so someone (or even me, my memory sucks so much I can't remember right) "trolled" the moon with yellow bricks, and that looked better so we left it like that. I didn't even remember about your yellow moon.

What are the odds for such similarity, to make even the sky blue+dark? exactly the way I made it, it blows my mind...but ok...what ever...let's say I belive you, who came up with the idea for the sky? which one of you? and the full blue corona near the moon? and the fading pixelation of blue? you?

#89 Before February 2015

dazz wrote:
0176 wrote:
dazz wrote:

#125. KO crew
"Sinister"

What are the odds for such similarity, to make even the sky blue+dark? exactly the way I made it, it blows my mind...but ok...what ever...let's say I belive you, who came up with the idea for the sky? which one of you? and the full blue corona near the moon? and the fading pixelation of blue? you?

When I came to see the level, almost everything was "sketched", and in the case of the blue "glow", finished. I mostly finished the stuff, like the lighthouse, and small details.

I don't really know if it was copied/inspired -probably not, nobody sayed anything, but if it was, I can only say that it wasn't me (didn't explain that clearly in my other post, sorry).

Last edited by 0176 (Nov 19 2011 9:30:26 am)

#90 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Supadorf24 wrote:

A lot of these top 25 levels are really disappointing and definitely shouldn't even be in the top 100.

maybe top 45, there were tons of worse levels.

#91 Before February 2015

sefanja1

well why I am not in the top 25 when I know its better than some of the level in there.

Its not that I want in the top 25 its about ppl who are not wanting to judge my level becouse of some reasons I dont know off. So tell the true.

#92 Before February 2015

Jaybm

Supadorf24 wrote:

couldn't agree more with this comment.
a few of the levels are not very good...

Other than that, there are also some very deserving levels!

Last edited by Jaybm (Nov 19 2011 2:18:18 pm)

#93 Before February 2015

Kirby

EVERYODY REMEMBER

its not just about art, its about the concept and minis too. i admit, my level isnt that good artwise, but everyone is telling me they LOVE the minis. remember, minis, concept, and intergration are a big part.

#94 Before February 2015

Muffin

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile My level got in the top 25!

P.S. Is my team the only one to use a wide world?

Last edited by Muffin (Nov 19 2011 10:18:50 am)

#95 Before February 2015

Ralaina

Congratulations to all the ones that are seen as being worthy of being in the top 25 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile You deserve it.

#96 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Supadorf24 wrote:

If you think these guys aren't good at choosing, then maybe Chris's friends will be better.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#97 Before February 2015

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Muffin wrote:

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile My level got in the top 25!

P.S. Is my team the only one to use a wide world?

Your team wasn't the only one to use a wide world Muffin, but it was the only wide world that got through to the top 25.

Last edited by Mega Lamb (Nov 19 2011 10:33:51 am)

Xenonetix-2.png

#98 Before February 2015

Master1

hopefully I can help clear this up for those who complain about not being in the top 25.
The screenings were to test the levels artwork. They choose the levels with the best art and the best art concept. They took a total of 168 out of all the levels, and yes THEY DID INCLUDE BACKUPS They rescreened 45 of them choosing ONLY the ones with the best art. After that they screened them 1 more time to narrow it down to 25, once again only the best art ones. The idea of doing this was a great idea because it narrows your choices down a lot and speeds up the judging.

Now that they have 25 levels that look like they have very good art. They'll judge these based on the four catagories, and then we'll find out who they think should be the true winner

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#99 Before February 2015

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Wrong klmaster. The initial screening looked mostly at artwork and any disqualifications. The second screening briefly judged the minis and integration. The final 25 will be played in full.

Supadorf24 is on one of the committees and he's complaining about the top 25 - He should really have been getting more involved with the judging considering the majority of the people listed to judge agreed on the top 25 and Mustang has put a lot of work into getting this right.

For clarification, the top 25 was NOT based on art alone by a long shot. Most of the 45 were played at least halfway through.

Last edited by Mega Lamb (Nov 19 2011 10:40:24 am)

Xenonetix-2.png

#100 Before February 2015

Lopoi2

TakoMan02 wrote:
Brawler700 wrote:

i just realized something. if chris and his friends decide to be lazy and make this the official judging thread, then ex crew got what they didnt want. they are judges for no reward.

Lol, sounds like something Chris would do.

mustang 142389574165691

Board footer