Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Nickolai

Re: Lucid Dreaming

xputnameherex wrote:

I figured as much...but how would you remember these?

well if u had a lucid dream you would obviously remember some part of it to know that you were in control and knew you were dreaming.   if u never remember your dreams then who knows you may have had a lucid dream but dont remember it

#27 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

ooo I sometimes can lucid dream somewhat well but there are sometimes that I can't do it. BTW it won't make you unhappy with reality in-fact you sometimes get most of your dream ideas from reality in some sort of way.
I guess keeping a dream journal can help and re-reading it before going to sleep.

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#28 Before February 2015

Nickolai

a3person wrote:

ooo I sometimes can lucid dream somewhat well but there are sometimes that I can't do it. BTW it won't make you unhappy with reality in-fact you sometimes get most of your dream ideas from reality in some sort of way.
I guess keeping a dream journal can help and re-reading it before going to sleep.

i agree your dreams do come from reality but think of this. if you lucid dream every night about something really epic like lets say for instance, my biggest dream is to be able to fly. if i constantly relive the event in my dream i can get bored of reality in a sense on account of i cant actually fly

#29 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

I guess this motivates inventors to invent so you would be able to fly. Lucid dreaming is a nice thing to have but I guess you have to learn not to use it ALL the time. Besides sometimes dreams could have lower 5 senses feel than reality.

#30 Before February 2015

Nickolai

true that could motivate others i guess it could be taken both ways. if i can lucid dream regularly i would use it to study for school lol //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#31 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

lol i would like to see lucid dreaming helping school performance on the news

#32 Before February 2015

Nickolai

perhaps it will be me one day on the news with the discovery //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#33 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

Good luck with that, it could be your science fair project if you have those. You just need to come up with a testable experiment.

#34 Before February 2015

Nickolai

im not sure if we do because im in highschool :O but if we do i would try

#35 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

I'm in high school too!
On Topic: I can lucid dream very easily, but it's hard for me to figure out I'm in a dream because it's almost like reality. There are really obvious things that give it away that I'm in one though but I guess I don't pay much attention. Hope you can figure out how to fly in your dreams I did.

#36 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

I think I've had pseudo-lucid dreams before, but I don't think they were real (hence the pseudo-). I was in a dream and underwater (in the dream, of course,) and I was breathing. I thought on it for a while and concluded that it was total crap. I instantly went into this state of extreme happiness and joy, but I was just in a white room that extended very far but the borders were visible. From what I remember, the room was infinite, but I was able to see borders all around. It was very strange. I was instantly shocked into awakenness. I have two potential explanations for this:
1. I was dreaming inside a dream. The "lucid dream" was really inside another dream layer, i.e.

(dream(dream)) -> (dream(pseudo-lucid))

2. I was unable to control my lucid dream.

I'm thinking the former is most likely, but anything is possible. I wasn't intending to incite a lucid dream, it just happened. I wish that I could stay perfectly still and imagine something and just jump into it, but that hasn't been the case so far.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#37 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

Practice makes perfect! Or that is what is commonly said for everything.

#38 Before February 2015

Nickolai

yes i have flown in my first lucid dream its amazing ive also gone skydiving in real life which is amazing also //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

sounds interesting JadElClemens

#39 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

I've rode the fastest roller-coaster ever, I wished I could skydive though.

#40 Before February 2015

Nickolai

its incredible if you ever get the chance to do it you should take it

#41 Before February 2015

tailschao

before i went to be last night, i Wanted to controll my dreams so bad, i said "I REALLY want to be able to have another lucid dream, just, please?" And last night, i was dreaming, and when i realised i was dreaming, my mom walked in and woke my up so i could get ready for school(6th grade)

#42 Before February 2015

Nickolai

oh no that must have been frustrating ! :O

#43 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Well, you seem more versed in lucidity than I. Do you know what might have caused my pseudo-lucid dream phenomena? I'm quite confused.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#44 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

I don't know what that is. Maybe you should look it up.
Off Topic: I really want to go Bungie Jumping as well

#45 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Well, I don't know exactly what I'd do if I could lucid dream. Most of my past wishes have involved Chloe Moretz, though.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#46 Before February 2015

Nickolai

JadElClemens wrote:

Well, you seem more versed in lucidity than I. Do you know what might have caused my pseudo-lucid dream phenomena? I'm quite confused.

perhaps when u realized you were in the dream, your brain, so shocked by the experience did not know what to think sending you to the infinite white room.   doesn't seem like you had a dream within a dream unless you remember waking up twice. both situations are quite possible.

a3person:i have been bungie jumping as well not from very high or over a bridge or anything though just at our county fair.

#47 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

No, the shock from even being in the lucid dream or just waking up from it could've awaken me from all dream layers at once, or so fast I couldn't remember waking up more than once.

I mean, it's entirely possible.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#48 Before February 2015

Nickolai

JadElClemens wrote:

No, the shock from even being in the lucid dream or just waking up from it could've awaken me from all dream layers at once, or so fast I couldn't remember waking up more than once.

I mean, it's entirely possible.

could be but if i recall correctly you realized you were lucid dreaming while underwater. so we must figure out what you did to prolong your dream.   it doesnt sound much like you were in multiple layers of dreams. dreams can change instantly. you probably used some kind of technique (without realizing it) to prolong a lucid dream. in most cases, the excitement of realizing you are dreaming would wake you up. but somehow, you managed to hold on but teleported to a different dream.   both are plausible explainations

#49 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

@Nickolai, you must know your dreaming, do you study it, or is it all a prediction?

#50 Before February 2015

Nickolai

its always been an interest to me. i guess you can say i studied it somewhat i just read a lot of books and things online about them //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Nickolai1423643480317952

Board footer