Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

bliske

Does anyone play Realm Of The Mad God

Does anybody play that game? that's familiar with the way the game actually is designed, i'm trying to understand how the hell you 'get better gear' if you're a newcomer to the game, it's not something i'd really take interest in, it's not the best game, but i mean for some unknown reason it's so addictive to play even if it's bad!

But like i really don't understand the 'map' since every-time you re-enter the map it's black and you can only see what's around you it's hard to get a good indication of where you are at the best of times.

I've died about 5 times being level20 - didn't get far with gear i know the whole reason is to get better gear and to unlock classes for your rank + fame, i'm familiar with the basics, but is there like a certain 'gear tier' that you need to be to kill certain things for a higher tier then repeat i'm assuming for higher gear tiers or do you just kill quest-events and god-bosses?

-really unsure. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

#2 Before February 2015

Alex

Re: Does anyone play Realm Of The Mad God

played awhile back, hit level 20 once, got kinda dull after that

#3 Before February 2015

Raiden

Instructions:

1. Kill monsters
2. Take loot (make sure to get the pots! never have enough pots!)
3. Repeat steps 1-2 until you have good gear.
4. Trade.

(Good gear is tiers 8-9+)

Also, yes, you do get better gear by killing harder monsters.

#4 Before February 2015

Saintcool

Me, whatter and a few others play it.

#5 Before February 2015

xRichTofenx

I used to play it for a good bit got bored stopped playing it was just gettn boring doing the same thing over and over again.

#6 Before February 2015

Bobithan

xRichTofenx wrote:

I used to play it for a good bit got bored stopped playing it was just gettn boring doing the same thing over and over again.

Pretty much this. It's more of a game of grinding than anything else in my opinion. I'll still sometimes log on to see what's new and maybe play for a little bit. I never really got good gear, but right now I have a 2/8 maxed Necro with tier 8-10 stuff. To afraid to play with it though because I die all the time :<

aka towwl

#7 Before February 2015

AwzzomeDude

I play RotMG :d I've played for about a year now, and your main objective is to close a 'realm', and battle Oryx. you close a realm by defeating all of the 'events', also known as quests. you'll pick up better gear / potions to make your char ... better? pots such as Defence and Dexterity increase different things, like Dexterity increases your fire rate, and the others are self explanatory. you also get better loot by defeating higher - tiered dungeons, such as the Ocean Trench or Candy Land and acquiring items that can only be found there.

Ok, so with the map, every time you leave / enter a new realm, as you uncover parts of the map, it will become whatever color that terrain is, but once you leave it resets. and you'll be able to tell what difficulty of land you're in by the ground; beach - easy, forest -medium, and then the stone / snow parts are hard, and also where you will encounter the strongest monsters of the realm.

and no, you don't need a certain 'tiered' item to defeat something, although higer tiered weapons are better because they deal more damage.

hope this helps! and cya around //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile -Awzz

Last edited by AwzzomeDude (Nov 13 2012 2:30:05 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

Saintcool

Did anyone even ask for a description awzz?

#9 Before February 2015

ILoveBacon

I played it for an hour for a Kong achievement then I got bored and quit.

#10 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

I played it and got addicted to it once but that addiction didn't last long but to get the best gear you have to get lucky when fighting Oryx at Oryx's Castle and hopefully a cool colored bag will drop and have awesome stuff in it, the even better stuff is in the Wine Cellar where you guys beat Oryx 2.0, and again if you get lucky you'll get a cool colored bag but the monsters in the Wine Cellar are pretty hard so getting to Oryx 2.0 is an accomplishment itself.

To be the best character you can be there are permanent stat upgrade potions that drop from any type of gods (the minor gods are usually at the middle of the map) and you drink a bunch of those until you max out your characters stats. That is all the wisdom I can give you...

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#11 Before February 2015

AwzzomeDude

Saintcool wrote:

Did anyone even ask for a description awzz?

no? is it wrong to help?

#12 Before February 2015

iPwner
Website

Why would you play a game in which all you do is grind? o.e

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#13 Before February 2015

I was very addicted to that game in end of 2011/start of this year but I was always a nub... Like, I could get to level 20 very easily, but I always used T7-T8 (maybe T9) equipment, and that's nothing to the pros of the game. But that's actually the kind of equipment you get by just going around in godlands and nearby, and not grinding.

By the way, you could ask OSX. He's "SmileyZ" in EE, and trust me, he's one of the pros in all of the game, or least in the RotMG forum.

bliske1423669354292078

Board footer