Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 Before February 2015

Deetz

Re: Sandwiches

True. Very true.

#52 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Ratburntro44 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:

Actually look up the definition of acon.   It comes from a pig.   Turkey bacon is not bacon, turkey just likes to pretend to be everything else.

What's better, 100% Caucau or white chocolate?

I fail to see relevance, but if you mean 100% pure cocoa powder, then that. If you're talking about the bean itself, then the marginal utility per dollar spent is too low for either of them for it to even matter.

The revelence is that they're arguing that turkey bacon technically isn't bacon, so I asked which is better, 100% caucau, probably the most bitter thing you can taste, and white chocolate, as most people would prefer white chocolate.   White chocolate has no cocoa in it, so it's actually not chocolate just as turkey bacon isn't by definition bacon.

#53 Before February 2015

Ratburntro44
Website

AzurePudding wrote:
Ratburntro44 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

What's better, 100% Caucau or white chocolate?

I fail to see relevance, but if you mean 100% pure cocoa powder, then that. If you're talking about the bean itself, then the marginal utility per dollar spent is too low for either of them for it to even matter.

The revelence is that they're arguing that turkey bacon technically isn't bacon, so I asked which is better, 100% caucau, probably the most bitter thing you can taste, and white chocolate, as most people would prefer white chocolate.   White chocolate has no cocoa in it, so it's actually not chocolate just as turkey bacon isn't by definition bacon.

I think that's more akin to saying "Which do you like better, turkey bacon or taking a bite straight out of a pig?".

#54 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

^this. A more accurate comparison would be "Do you like white chocolate or milk/dark chocolate better?"

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#55 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Different55 wrote:

^this. A more accurate comparison would be "Do you like white chocolate or milk/dark chocolate better?"

How is it more accurate?   Some people like 100% caucau.

#56 Before February 2015

Koto

AzurePudding wrote:
Different55 wrote:

find one.

#57 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

KingOfTheOzone wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:
Different55 wrote:

find one.

My german teacher.   People who grow up with it can end up liking it, and normal chocolate tastes too sweet for them.

#58 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

AzurePudding wrote:
Different55 wrote:

How is that relevant?

What you compared is:
Not-technically-chocolate (white chocolate/turkey bacon) vs Raw materials for chocolate (100% cocoa/raw chunk of pig flesh).
100% cocoa cannot be compared to bacon, because the cocoa is the main ingredient in chocolate. Pig flesh is the main ingredient in bacon.

It should've been:
Not-technically-chocolate (white chocolate/turkey bacon) vs Chocolate (Chocolate/bacon)

Whether or not people like 100% cocoa is irrelevant.

- ShinsukeIto

#59 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Different55 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:
Different55 wrote:

How is that relevant?

What you compared is:
Not-technically-chocolate (white chocolate/turkey bacon) vs Raw materials for chocolate (100% cocoa/raw chunk of pig flesh).
100% cocoa cannot be compared to bacon, because the cocoa is the main ingredient in chocolate. Pig flesh is the main ingredient in bacon.

It should've been:
Not-technically-chocolate (white chocolate/turkey bacon) vs Chocolate (Chocolate/bacon)

Whether or not people like 100% cocoa is irrelevant.

it's relevant because some people like 100% caucau, and some people like bacon.

#60 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

And some people like eating dog turds, what's your point?

- ShinsukeIto

#61 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Different55 wrote:

And some people like eating dog turds, what's your point?

Like KOTO said, give me one.

No wait you said some people so..

Give me 5.

#62 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coprophagia
http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/expert.q … index.html
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 844AAFyiih
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 940AAgAxgz
"how do you make pies out of dog poop and how much does it sell for? do you have to feed the dog and does it have to be a certain type of dog?"
Not the point, I could have said anything, I said dog turds to make my point. Whether or not people like it is irrelevant.
Skipping all the analogies, turkey bacon is not bacon, and anyone who does a side by side taste test can tell the difference.

Last edited by Different55 (Jan 15 2013 3:16:24 pm)

- ShinsukeIto

#63 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Different55 wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coprophagia

Not the point, I could have said anything, I said dog turds to make my point. Whether or not people like it is irrelevant.
Skipping all the analogies, turkey bacon is not bacon, and anyone who does a side by side taste test can tell the difference.

More food, less calories, still delicious.

#64 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

No, stop saying "more food"
It's the same amount of food, just more calories, and nobody should give a crap about how many calories they eat. If they're uncomfortable with their weight, just watch your weight, and exercise when needed, there's absolutely no reason to live counting your calories in fear of getting fat. You're doing more damage by counting calories than you are doing yourself good.

- ShinsukeIto

#65 Before February 2015

Koto

If your trying to lose weight, you shouldn't just be concerned with just calories.   You need to pay attention to all the nutrients and vitamins that you take into your body.
/talking about about bacon

ONTOPIC: sandwiches are good.

#66 Before February 2015

iPwner
Website

I personally think sandwiches are icky n' drippy... ;s

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#67 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Different55 wrote:

No, stop saying "more food"
It's the same amount of food, just more calories, and nobody should give a crap about how many calories they eat. If they're uncomfortable with their weight, just watch your weight, and exercise when needed, there's absolutely no reason to live counting your calories in fear of getting fat. You're doing more damage by counting calories than you are doing yourself good.

Oh really..

My dad lost nearly 200 pounds by eating a decent 1400 to 1800 calories a day.   He didn't work out at all.  

And turkey bacon is more food for same calories.   20 calories a slice versus 100 a slice of normal bacon.   5 turkey bacon = 1 bacon.   More food.   Usually when you eat bacon, you eat a few strips.   Say you eat 4.   4 normal bacon would be 400 calories, but eatign turkey bacon would be 80 calories.   It's also still really delicious.

Also I've noticed that turkey bacon strips are bigger than normal bacon.. so even a single slice is more food with 80% less calories.

I feel that you are very ignorant on this subject, and I also can't take you that seriously with you talking about sleeping in bread.   To me you're trolling or just very ignorant on this subject, and that's not meant as an insult.   I actually find some things you are saying offensive, but anyways-   Go and tell overweight/obese people that "you shouldn't count the calories," that 'they don't matter," and you should just work out more instead.   Try running a mile with a 150 pound backpack in under 12 minutes.   They'll probably end up disagreeing with you and become **** off at you.   Living with all that extra weight is hard to get off.   I was bullied a lot as a kid and chose eating to cope like many people do.   I became overwheight and had to lose all that.   It's not easy. Choosing healthier, but still tasty substitutes, is a lot easier than running those miles.

KingOfTheOzone:

I know this.   I believe I said something about having lettuce wrap instead of buns, or having wheat bread instead earlier.

#68 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

I like soft white bread with white margarine.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#69 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

AzurePudding wrote:

Oh really..

My dad lost nearly 200 pounds by eating a decent 1400 to 1800 calories a day.   He didn't work out at all.

My best friend almost died from anorexia. She was skin and bones and would only allow herself 300 calories. Anything beyond that and she would exercise. Even without anorexia, worrying about calories/weight is just unnecessary stress. Stress shortens life span. On top of that, it's been proven that being slightly overweight makes you slightly less likely to die young.

AzurePudding wrote:

And turkey bacon is more food for same calories.   20 calories a slice versus 100 a slice of normal bacon.   5 turkey bacon = 1 bacon.   More food.   Usually when you eat bacon, you eat a few strips.   Say you eat 4.   4 normal bacon would be 400 calories, but eatign turkey bacon would be 80 calories.   It's also still really delicious.

More food with same calories, or less calories for same amount of food. Pick one, don't include both. I'd rather have 5 strips of delicious bacon, and not give a single expletive about how many calories I've consumed. It is NOT also really delicious. Turkey bacon is just meh. Bacon is OMB MOAR.

AzurePudding wrote:

Also I've noticed that turkey bacon strips are bigger than normal bacon.. so even a single slice is more food with 80% less calories.

I have noticed the opposite.

AzurePudding wrote:

I feel that you are very ignorant on this subject, and I also can't take you that seriously with you talking about sleeping in bread.   To me you're trolling or just very ignorant on this subject, and that's not meant as an insult.   I actually find some things you are saying offensive, but anyways-   Go and tell overweight/obese people that "you shouldn't count the calories," that 'they don't matter," and you should just work out more instead.   Try running a mile with a 150 pound backpack in under 12 minutes.   They'll probably end up disagreeing with you and become **** off at you.   Living with all that extra weight is hard to get off.   I was bullied a lot as a kid and chose eating to cope like many people do.   I became overwheight and had to lose all that.   It's not easy. Choosing healthier, but still tasty substitutes, is a lot easier than running those miles.

The sleeping in bread conversation ended a while ago. I never said that overweight/obese people shouldn't count calories, if that works for them and they really are overweight, go for it, but for normal people there is no reason at all. Once your weight is where you want it there's not a single reason to be stressing yourself out over exactly how many calories you're eating.

- ShinsukeIto

#70 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Different55 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

Oh really..

My best friend almost died from anorexia. She was skin and bones and would only allow herself 300 calories. Anything beyond that and she would exercise. Even without anorexia, worrying about calories/weight is just unnecessary stress. Stress shortens life span. On top of that, it's been proven that being slightly overweight makes you slightly less likely to die young.

AzurePudding wrote:

More food with same calories, or less calories for same amount of food. Pick one, don't include both. I'd rather have 5 strips of delicious bacon, and not give a single expletive about how many calories I've consumed. It is NOT also really delicious. Turkey bacon is just meh. Bacon is OMB MOAR.

AzurePudding wrote:

I have noticed the opposite.

AzurePudding wrote:

The sleeping in bread conversation ended a while ago. I never said that overweight/obese people shouldn't count calories, if that works for them and they really are overweight, go for it, but for normal people there is no reason at all. Once your weight is where you want it there's not a single reason to be stressing yourself out over exactly how many calories you're eating.

You need at least 1200 calories a day.   It is bad to eat too much, but it is also bad to eat too little.

Don't include both? You can pick either.   Usually you don't have more than 4 or 5 strips of bacon, so you'll always eat more but less if you go with turkey bacon.

I'm bored of this conversation.   I really think you're just ignorant on this subject, and aren't willing to accept facts.   There is a difference between eating unhealthy, eating healthy, and eating too little.   Talking to a brick wall is more productive, so I'm stopping now.

#71 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

AzurePudding wrote:

It is bad to eat too much, but it is also bad to eat too little.

jPatt.jpg?1

AzurePudding wrote:

Don't include both? You can pick either.   Usually you don't have more than 4 or 5 strips of bacon, so you'll always eat more but less if you go with turkey bacon.

That's what I said. -_-

AzurePudding wrote:

I'm bored of this conversation.   I really think you're just ignorant on this subject, and aren't willing to accept facts.

You've brought up a few numbers here and there and that's it as far as facts go.

AzurePudding wrote:

There is a difference between eating unhealthy, eating healthy, and eating too little.

See above image.

AzurePudding wrote:

Talking to a brick wall is more productive, so I'm stopping now.

Kthxbye

- ShinsukeIto

#72 Before February 2015

Ratburntro44
Website

Just some numbers:

Turkey Bacon: 61 calories, 4.5g fat, 366mg sodium, 5g protein
Bacon: 86 calories, 6.6g fat, 370mg sodium, 6g protein

The very small advantage in health really isn't anywhere close to the difference in taste.

#73 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Ratburntro44 wrote:

Just some numbers:

Turkey Bacon: 61 calories, 4.5g fat, 366mg sodium, 5g protein
Bacon: 86 calories, 6.6g fat, 370mg sodium, 6g protein

The very small advantage in health really isn't anywhere close to the difference in taste.

http://www.cookinglight.com/eating-smar … age12.html

#74 Before February 2015

Koto

Someone should just make a damn bacon topic at this point.

#75 Before February 2015

John

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

Someone should just make a damn bacon topic at this point.

1297886233468s.jpg

PW?scale=2

Onjit1631622916791505

Board footer